Kipling TSV 15/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

@ Holmca. Love the tip about emptying the handbag out each evening into a basket. From my point of view that would mean that I only carry the items I need each day. I must try it!

All but one arrived today and I love and will keep them all. I suppose I am a bit of a Kipling fanatic and change my bags daily depending on what I am wearing. At the end of each day I empty my bag into a small basket - normally car papers, medical papers, Brownie purse, cheque book etc. and put the bag away. Then in the morning when I have decided what I am going to wear, I choose the bag to match and put the items in the basket into the new bag.

The bags I ordered are:

The Opkine in Tropical White and pink Monkey Mania - these were both listed on here as OTOs so I got in first before they sold out.

The Eilish in the Summery Print. Wider than normal, but my preferred size of bag.

The Tobale in Monkey Mania Sky - smaller, but still large enough to hold my purse and car papers etc, as its about 2" wide.

I also ordered the Roozie make up bag and Sunglass case in Tropic Flower. I am still waiting for the Sunglass case but the make up bag with its little mirror (which is attached and in its own pocket) I am very pleased with.

I am also a bit of a geek and have all my bags listed on a spreadsheet with photos. I have bought a number of bags of French Ebay very cheaply including a very large Monkey (taller than a tin of coke), plus a silver puppy toiletry bag (Euro 10). I also have a monkey in my own name that was sent to me which hangs in my Jeep.

Yes OK, my name is Cathy and I am a kipoholic....

Ditto to your kipoholic remark..! I like the basket idea - I do use a transfer bag but there are bits and bobs in all the pockets which I have to remember to swop over, be just like me to drive all the way over to my Dad's and find that I've left his keys in my last bag and thus make him get up to let me in!

For "bag ladies" (in the nicest possible way!) I heard from Poshbags this morning - 40% discount on Clearance items..I already checked the Kiplings, lol! I did notice a couple of those Super City bags which a couple of you have mentioned tho...:nod:

I've got another solution - a bit pricey but it works. Every bag I have has my basic necessities: a folding umbrella, a lippie, a packet of tissues, dental floss, mirror, notebook, pen. Every other essential such as purse, keys, sunglasses, mobile etc (there are about 6 things so I count them out and count them in again) gets transferred to the next bag.

Okay, so initial set-up is a bit of a pain, but it does mean that every time I think of buying a bag I have to also think about the cost of buying an umbrella, a lippie, another packet of tissues ....etc. etc. So it's actually a very economical way of operating because I don't buy as many bags. (I think). (That's the theory, anyway). AND it means that the bag cupboard holds fewer bags than if they were all packed completely empty, which means I can't buy as many bags. It's actually a money-saving exercise, see?

Simples!

Latest posts

Back