Kuhn Rikon Pull & Chop Food Chopper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
I have got a similar food chopper, a different make. Since I got it I have had problems with the cord jamming because whatever I am chopping gets wedged on the blades. It isn't always at the first few pulls that that happens, it can start off fine and then comes to a stop. I think I am cutting up eg the onions to about the same size as they did on the Kuhn Rikon presentation, certainly no bigger, and I don't overload the bowl. If anyone has the Kuhn Rikon one is the same thing happening to them? It can be quite time consuming if it happens more than once as I often have to take the blades out to push the vegetables off and then maybe can't get the blades back on without emptying the bowl. Apart from wondering if it only happens in the make of machine I have I am also wondering if there is a knack in the order you put the items in the bowl so would appreciate any tips on that.

I have got a similar food chopper, a different make. Since I got it I have had problems with the cord jamming because whatever I am chopping gets wedged on the blades. It isn't always at the first few pulls that that happens, it can start off fine and then comes to a stop. I think I am cutting up eg the onions to about the same size as they did on the Kuhn Rikon presentation, certainly no bigger, and I don't overload the bowl. If anyone has the Kuhn Rikon one is the same thing happening to them? It can be quite time consuming if it happens more than once as I often have to take the blades out to push the vegetables off and then maybe can't get the blades back on without emptying the bowl. Apart from wondering if it only happens in the make of machine I have I am also wondering if there is a knack in the order you put the items in the bowl so would appreciate any tips on that.

No, whilst I found mine a total pain in terms of cleaning it after use, it never had this problem or any other issue with the mechanics of the gadget so think it may be linked to your specific make? Can you contact the makers or seller?

Nope no problem with KR. If I am chopping onions then I cut them into quarters before putting them into the bowl. I'll ask my step sister As she has a different one from Amazon. She told me it was fine but I'll check if I remember

Thanks for the replies. I chose the one I have as the handle is large and easy to lift which suits my hands and the lid is not smooth like the KR one so I thought it would be easier for me to hold. It is a well known make and cost much the same as the KR one. Very occasionally I find that the same thing happens with my electric one but it seems to be every time with the pull chord one and it is getting me down. The reason I got it was that I don't have to ask someone to remove the plug from the socket after I have used the electric one but I am now thinking it is not worth the hassle.

Latest posts

Back