S

SparklyBarbs

Guest Shopper
Sorry can"t do links, maybe some kind person on here can. But was reading the
dreaded Daily Fail and noticed that L"Occitane has now decided to enter the
Chinese market, and last Deceber it lost its animal friendly bunny, so it could
enter the market there. I"m really shocked by this, don"t think it has been
brought to our attention by QVC that they"re not animal friendly company. It
gives a list of companies which are animal friendly, and they wrongly state that
Liz Earle is, they dont seem to realise she"s been taken over by Avon. I"m
genuinely annoyed and wont be buying anymore L"Occitane , if they have sold
out to get into the Chinese market, which insists all things must be tested on
animals. Disgusted.....................

If that's the case I won't be buying any more either...........and I haven't heard Alexis mention it either:down:

I haven't heard Alexis mention this either and I certainly won't be buying anymore if this is the case. But having said that about Alexis, a little while ago somebody phoned up and asked if L'Occitane products contained paraben's and she acted like she'd never even heard of them, let alone be prepared to answer. So I wouldn't think she would bring it up even if she knew as then she'd have more questions she'd not want to answer.

I have read the article. I wonder why none of these articles mention the Avon/LE takeover. Estee Lauder is not approved either and they own loads of other companies, so its difficult to tell these days what you should buy if you are against animal testing.

Innocence
attachment.php

Thats it.... I am going to boycott l occitane.I will not buy products tested on animals.

A think a lot of people don"t realise Avon have taken over "Liz Earle",

its not well advertised, anyone ive said to in work have been shocked

to hear Avon own Liz Earle, so probably a lot of people are still using

her products unaware they are now agreeing to testing on animals,

all for more money, how much moneey do you need. I think Liz

and L"occitane have sold out. All very underhand id say

A think a lot of people don"t realise Avon have taken over "Liz Earle",

its not well advertised, anyone ive said to in work have been shocked

to hear Avon own Liz Earle, so probably a lot of people are still using

her products unaware they are now agreeing to testing on animals,

all for more money, how much moneey do you need. I think Liz

and L"occitane have sold out. All very underhand id say

I think Anita Roddick led the way.

If you hadn't read the Daily Mail you would have innocently carried on buying the lovely L'Occitane and Liz Earle products. The problem is reading that horrible paper.

I think it's about time these companies with loyal customers started being honest with us. I for 1 stopped buying LE and now won't be buying anymore Loccitane

I have to be honest, I have never given this much thought in the past but now it has been brought to my attention (thanks Sparkly) I have decided to make an effort to look for products not tested on animals. Am I right in assuming the bunny is a sign they don't? Can anyone advise on some well known and accessible brands that don't test?

I will use what's left of my L almond oil and won't be buying anymore.

And while we're on the subject of companies selling out, what is the matter with China only buying products tested on animals?! That's insane and incredibly backwards if you ask me. Grr :banghead:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Melvita which is owed by L'Occitane is on the cruelty free list but L'Occitane are not, bit odd!!

It is not a horrible paper IMO.
Lynn

LOL. It's bad for my health. It puts my blood pressure up. I once had it delivered for a week but at the end of the week I was so angry I had to cancel it. I sometimes get the same feelings when I visit some of the art galleries in London.

I have to be honest, I have never given this much thought in the past but now it has been brought to my attention (thanks Sparkly) I have decided to make an effort to look for products not tested on animals. Am I right in assuming the bunny is a sign they don't? Can anyone advise on some well known and accessible brands that don't test?

I will use what's left of my L almond oil and won't be buying anymore.

And while we're on the subject of companies selling out, what is the matter with China only buying products tested on animals?! That's insane and incredibly backwards if you ask me. Grr :banghead:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Read the link Capirossi, it has the good and bad list. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mal-testing-policies-sell-products-China.html

Can I say I have never ever seen the bunny logo on any L'Occitane product. I went and looked at some shower creams and body lotion bought well before last December and recycle logo and says No Animal Testing.

I don't think LUSH have the bunny logo either and they are very anti animal testing.

Urban Decay decided go into China and gave a long boring and whinny statement about helping to make the Chinese see the error of their ways, on animal testing oh and women's rights. There was such an outcry from customers worldwide they changed their minds.

LOL. It's bad for my health. It puts my blood pressure up. I once had it delivered for a week but at the end of the week I was so angry I had to cancel it. I sometimes get the same feelings when I visit some of the art galleries in London.

Oh dear! I don't find it that bad.
It's online & it's free

As for animal testing, there is a very comprehensive list of Brands That DO Test on Animals, Brands That DO NOT Test on Animals, and Brands Whose Animal Testing Status is Unknown, here:
http://www.beautypedia.com/AnimalTesting.aspx

How abreast the list keeps with sales opening in the Chinese market is open to anyone's guess

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back