Let Your Garden Glow TSV 17/06/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd quite like a new version of those flame torches. I bought them when they first came out but only one still works so replacements are in order. They were the best lights I've ever had and my mum and auntie agree as I bought them as gifts.

CC

I bought four flame torches from ideal World a few years ago. They were £40 for 4 and bigger than those that have been on QVC. They’re still going strong and even come on during the winter, albeit for a shorter time.

They are so bright that, on the first evening that the one by my front door came on, my neighbour opposite texted to say he thought my planter was on fire and so had started to come over to alert me until he realised what it was.

Attachments

• Bell & Howell TSV 1.jpg
    Bell & Howell TSV 1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Bell & Howell TSV 2.jpg
    Bell & Howell TSV 2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Bell & Howell TSV 3.jpg
    Bell & Howell TSV 3.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Bell & Howell TSV 4.jpg
    Bell & Howell TSV 4.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Bell & Howell TSV 5.jpg
    Bell & Howell TSV 5.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 43
Bell & Howell 300 Lumens Bionic Floodlight with Remote Control
Item Number: 727602
QVc Price £32.00
Todays Special Value Price £21.98
P&P £3.95

Just like our home interiors, it's important for our home exteriors to be well lit too. Whether you're illuminating a pathway or a back garden, the Bionic Floodlight from Bell & Howell is the strategic light you need! The light can be positioned in the ground with a stake on fixed to a wall, with three adjustable panels for angling and covering large areas. Even better, the floodlight is solar-powered, so you can let the sun do its work as it charges during the day, then switch the light on at dusk with the included remote control.

A versatile solution - wherever you need illumination, be it in the driveway or a secluded patio, this floodlight brings you bright light and peace of mind. The three wide-angle panels can be adjusted to cover up to 1000 feet square of an area (300m), while the floodlight also boasts high-intensity LED bulbs with 300 lumens of light.

Easy to install - with it's solar-powered design, there are no batteries and no wires to worry about. What's more, the floodlight is fully IP65 water-resistant, able to withstand anything the British weather throws at it.

Remote control - included in this kit is a remote control to turn the light motion sensor on and off for 30 seconds. You can also activate a strobe function to deter intruders.

• Delivered to UK mainland only
  • Solar powered
  • Sensor distance: 19 - 26 feet (6 - 8 metres)
  • IP65 water resistant rating
  • Modes: switch: motion sensor/off; remote: motion sensor/off/strobe
  • Lithium-ion rechargeable battery 18650, 2x1200mAh 3.7V
  • Floodlight (h x w x d): 34cm x 25cm x 12cm (13.4" x 9.8" x 4.7")

What's in the box?

• 1 x Bionic Floodlight
  • 1 x remote control
  • 1 x stake

How to use:

• When using for the first time, turn the Bionic Floodlight 'On' by sliding the switch located on the back of the solar panel to Sensor Mode position
  • Leave the unit under direct sunlight for solar charging at least 5 - 6 hours (unit needs to be fully charged before initial use)
  • If there isn’t ample sunlight, it may take longer for the batteries to charge
  • Once it becomes dark, the Bionic Floodlight will turn on automatically when it detects motion. The light will stay on for 30 seconds and then go off if no motion has been detected
  • The Bionic Floodlight will turn off during the day, or if the unit runs out of battery
  • Night lighting results may vary based on weather conditions and daylight savings. For best results, place in an area with maximum sun exposure. Avoid areas under trees or bushes as this will prevent a proper charge of the Bionic Floodlight
  • Do not install Bionic Floodlight near an existing outdoor light. The built-in sensor will prevent it from turning the solar lights on
  • Make sure to regularly wipe down the solar panel with a damp cloth for best charging results. A clean solar panel will be able to absorb more sun energy
  • When using the Bionic Floodlight in the autumn and winter, please note that due to fewer daylight hours, the batteries might not charge fully. This may affect the amount of time the Bionic Floodlight will be on

All measurements are approximate

There are 2 Gnomes on at present and I’m sorry but anyone who pays good money for this tat needs a good talking to
Better talk to me then!

I ordered 2, and they came in about 2 days, they look very good quality (defintely NOT tat).

Just been installing one at the front (easy, onto wood) and at the back (difficult and took a long time as had to drill into brick with a blunt masonry drill).

As today is the longest day, I will have to stay up late to test them after dark.

Home2Garden Set of 2 LED Carrying Gnomes​

was it this one which doesn’t look as if you would attach them to anything as they seem to be free standing

No, it was solar powered security lights.

The 3 light panels can swivel to almost any direction. It is solar powered and activated by movement, then it comes on for 30 seconds, or stays on if the movement continues. Only activates after dark.

Screenshot (1582).png

No, it was solar powered security lights.

The 3 light panels can swivel to almost any direction. It is solar powered and activated by movement, then it comes on for 30 seconds, or stays on if the movement continues. Only activates after dark.

View attachment 24002

I bought that TSV as well. It arrived yesterday. I’ve checked that it’s working and now need to find someone willing to stand on a ladder to fix it to the wall. 😉 (I don’t “do” heights. 😳)

Tried mine tonight. It seems that it has to be properly dark, then a light starts flashing on the front as a warning to burglars that it is operational. I knew nothing about this as I don't think it was mentioned.

The activation doesn't seem to be very sensitive, I was only a few paces away when they came on, certainly not 6 to 8 metres.

Be interested how yours work Toril (and anyone else who bought them).

Tried mine tonight. It seems that it has to be properly dark, then a light starts flashing on the front as a warning to burglars that it is operational. I knew nothing about this as I don't think it was mentioned.

The activation doesn't seem to be very sensitive, I was only a few paces away when they came on, certainly not 6 to 8 metres.

Be interested how yours work Toril (and anyone else who bought them).

If you mean the three main lights, they did mention them flashing as a warning to burglars in the presentation that I watched. It was also suggested that it could possibly deter foxes. 🙄

There’s apparently also a small red flashing light that is meant to make people think that they are being recorded as they approach a property.

My unit was certainly very responsive when I turned it on in the lounge, but it wasn’t dark at 11:30 am and I wasn’t 6 - 8 metres away. It’ll be a while until I get it up onto the wall, but I’ll test it out within the next few days by using it on the stake and will let you know what mine is like.

If you mean the three main lights, they did mention them flashing as a warning to burglars in the presentation that I watched. It was also suggested that it could possibly deter foxes. 🙄

There’s apparently also a small red flashing light that is meant to make people think that they are being recorded as they approach a property.

My unit was certainly very responsive when I turned it on in the lounge, but it wasn’t dark at 11:30 am and I wasn’t 6 - 8 metres away. It’ll be a while until I get it up onto the wall, but I’ll test it out within the next few days by using it on the stake and will let you know what mine is like.
My understanding is that you can use the remote to change the lighting mode from continuous (but it only stays on for 30 seconds) to flashing (again for only 30 seconds). I wish it would deter all the deer in my garden.

I don't think they mentioned the red light in the presentation I watched, and it is not in the description, but I like that feature.

The red light wasn’t very evident in the studio but you could see it.

I’ll put mine out on the stake in the back garden today, as it’s sunny, although I want it installed at the front of the house. I live at the bottom of a small, very quiet, Cul-de-sac and people, other than residents or delivery people, never come down here so, if the light does work it will at least make it easier to find the keyhole on a dark night 😉 (as well as hopefully deterring any unwelcome visitors at night.) 🤞

The red light wasn’t very evident in the studio but you could see it.

I’ll put mine out on the stake in the back garden today, as it’s sunny, although I want it installed at the front of the house. I live at the bottom of a small, very quiet, Cul-de-sac and people, other than residents or delivery people, never come down here so, if the light does work it will at least make it easier to find the keyhole on a dark night 😉 (as well as hopefully deterring any unwelcome visitors at night.) 🤞
Exactly the same as me, and absolutely no light from street lamps.

I put mine in the back garden yesterday and, once it was dusk, it was certainly responsive to movement. It went on when I stood at the patio door and then went on when next door’s cat wandered past. However, it was only about 4 metres away from the house. I’ve now moved it further down the garden to see what happens tonight. To be honest, 4 metres is more than enough for me though.

When I went to bed I looked out of the bedroom window and the blinking red light was very clear and bright, so I guess people would assume that they were being recorded.

Latest posts

Back