Let Your Garden Glow TSV 17/06/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I put mine in the back garden yesterday and, once it was dusk, it was certainly responsive to movement. It went on when I stood at the patio door and then went on when next door’s cat wandered past. However, it was only about 4 metres away from the house. I’ve now moved it further down the garden to see what happens tonight. To be honest, 4 metres is more than enough for me though.

When I went to bed I looked out of the bedroom window and the blinking red light was very clear and bright, so I guess people would assume that they were being recorded.
Mine at the front seems to be very erratic and hit and miss, most times it only comes on when I get to 2 metres, but occasionaly 4m. Perhaps because it is too high, about 3m, so above my head.

At the back it is above my balcony so I can only get about 2m away anyway.

As I mentioned earlier, I moved the lights further down the garden and they still came on quickly when I went to the patio door so I’m guessing that the 6 -8 metre distance is accurate.

However, where mine will eventually go, I don’t need that distance. I just need them put on the wall now.

Does anyone on here actually turn their patio into another 'room' ? It appears to be the latest in 'interiors (outeriors ??) where garden furniture has cushions and throws scattered over it, hammocks, cocoon chairs, fancy rugs, lots of lighting, tables, umbrellas - the whole kaboosh. WELL, who does all the to-ing and fro-ing to put all this stuff under cover when the heavens opens ? its all ok living on the Mediterranean coastline to adapt this lifestyle, but a bit different in boggy Bedfordshire where its cloudy, chilly and more drizzly than scorching sunshine for most of the year.

I have an egg chair not a QVC one, a canvas one so I have to keep it covered its a right to do. I have been known to be fighting to put the cover on In the middle of the night when it's stormy. And its big. But I do love it.

In a moment of madness I bought the rocking chair with the huge cushion it was on advanced order, so I'd forgotten it. Oh boy, the box it arrived in was like a monolith !! I just about managed on my own to get all the pieces out - the the dog moved in on the cushion and refused to budge 🤭

Clearly I cant put it together on my own, and its bigger than I expected. So I'm waiting for a mate to help me. I might have to offload an old chair in my sitting room and keep this rocker indoors, as the cushion is enormous to keep schlepping to the shed and garage everytime the weather looks iffy.

In a moment of madness I bought the rocking chair with the huge cushion it was on advanced order, so I'd forgotten it. Oh boy, the box it arrived in was like a monolith !! I just about managed on my own to get all the pieces out - the the dog moved in on the cushion and refused to budge 🤭

Clearly I cant put it together on my own, and its bigger than I expected. So I'm waiting for a mate to help me. I might have to offload an old chair in my sitting room and keep this rocker indoors, as the cushion is enormous to keep schlepping to the shed and garage everytime the weather looks iffy.
If its got a weatherproof cover that helps. I leave the huge cushion on my egg chair in the kitchen under the table if the weather is iffy. In the winter it goes under the stairs cupboard. They always act like its a 5 minute job to put these things together. They never are. If they are well made they will be heavy and ungainly.

I’ve got a few bits of garden furniture that withstand most weather. I just cover up the cheap bistro table & chairs in winter with a thin tarpaulin bag (B&M) in winter.

The only thing I bring in out of the rain is a water-resistant cushion from MATALAN.

I’ve learned from experience of mine and my friends that it’s not worth buying expensive garden furniture unless you are willing to put in time & effort to care for it.

30 years ago and before that we used to get long hot summers so worth buying items for the garden that lasted years. Now it's for the moment and what fits

Walking through a large garden centre today, there was a hangar size building with all manner of garden furniture displayed. Well, there was some stuff that could seat the arrival of a 52 seater coach ! and wouldn't look out of place in the back garden of Ruthless house. Admittedly they do look nice if you have a spare couple of grand to spend on a massive corner unit for 18, with the table and inset fire pit, an umbrella that's visible from outer space, and you have to buy the matching loungers, love seats and arbour seats.

I got rid of my small 2 seater and 2 chairs because on the rare occasion that anyone turned up for a cuppa, the weather would be rubbish so we'd sit inside for a natter, thus it was never used.

Walking through a large garden centre today, there was a hangar size building with all manner of garden furniture displayed. Well, there was some stuff that could seat the arrival of a 52 seater coach ! and wouldn't look out of place in the back garden of Ruthless house. Admittedly they do look nice if you have a spare couple of grand to spend on a massive corner unit for 18, with the table and inset fire pit, an umbrella that's visible from outer space, and you have to buy the matching loungers, love seats and arbour seats.

I got rid of my small 2 seater and 2 chairs because on the rare occasion that anyone turned up for a cuppa, the weather would be rubbish so we'd sit inside for a natter, thus it was never used.
Thats the issue spending a fortune on garden furniture that may only get a few weeks use if that. I was shopping in a superstore Tesco and IKEA they had some lovely items cheap as chips.

Latest posts

Back