Lip balms

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pickles

Registered Shopper
Hi Guys
I have been using Ultrasun lip balm religiously for about 18 months now and think it is fab, but, I have just started going swimming 2/3 times a week and my lips are now dry all the time. Not chapped or split but just don't seem to hold any moisture. I am using the Ultrasun many times through the day but it's not quite enough. Really I could do with a good night treatment one. I see there is a L'Occitane set on QVC (the sames ones that were in yesterdays TSV's) - does anyone know if these are any good or really just cosmetic? Any other recommendations?
TIA

I have only tried the original Shea butter lip balm from L'Occitane both in the tube and the stick and I didn't think either was any good. I haven't tried the Ultrasun one though so I can't say how they compare.

I'm using one made by a bee keeping friend from her own beeswax at the moment and it's fab.

I l-o-v-e Linsanoh, pure, thick 100% lanolin, £10 for really generous tube. For breastfeeding ouchies. Someone on here had linked a newspaper article about famous models and their favourite product and that was one. I like that it's more hygienic than a pot of gloss. In Baby section of Boots|Tesco etc. Good value, great gloss|balm. Snarly likes!!!

Hi Guys
I have been using Ultrasun lip balm religiously for about 18 months now and think it is fab, but, I have just started going swimming 2/3 times a week and my lips are now dry all the time. Not chapped or split but just don't seem to hold any moisture. I am using the Ultrasun many times through the day but it's not quite enough. Really I could do with a good night treatment one. I see there is a L'Occitane set on QVC (the sames ones that were in yesterdays TSV's) - does anyone know if these are any good or really just cosmetic? Any other recommendations?
TIA

I recommend " CHAMPNEYS " Moisture miracle rescue balm. It feels a bit like an exfoliator at first & then when you rub your lip together, the grains dissapear into your skin
which soothe, softens & calms dry or sore skin. This is also ideal for nails,cuticals,heels & elbows. ( Only use a tiny amount.:up:

i reccomend good old vaseline. it lasts all day and you are less likely to react to it. dermatologists use petro chemicals ie people with exzema so its a proven and relatively you are less likely to have any skin issues with it.

what i hate about expensive lip balms are the butters in them just sink into the skin. when i use my pot of rose scented £1 a tin lasts me months vaseline my lips feel soft ans hydrated all day. l'occitane shea butter,liz earle and all the other non petroleum based lip balms just dont work on me. my fav is molten brown which was a mix of beeswax and some petroleum. smell of honey and was fab. not sure if you can still buy it but vaseline is very good.

Just been reading some reviews on the Linsanoh - seems to be a bit of a wonder product!
I will try to get some.

I have hundreds of lipbalms as I suffer with dry lips. I have various brands dotted around but mostly use a good old Chapstick as it actually does what it says on the tin. I've used expensive brands like Decleor, I've also used Ultrasun, but at the end of the day, Chapstick works well and is a lot cheaper. The other brands work fine but they just cost a lot more. The only other product that works really well is my small sample tin of L'Occitane's pure shea butter. But price wise Chapstick wins as the results are the same.

I swear by Gatineau lip care. I really wouldn't be without it ~ since I've been using it (a long long time) no dry lips for me winter or summer.

Nobody has said how old they are but there are a couple of truths. Lips can't retain moisture and post menopausal women have drier lips than women who are menstruating because they lack oestrogen and the possibility lack vitaman B12. As a woman of THAT age my lips have been so dry and swollen that they looked like they had been badly Botoxed and I'm waiting for the results of a vit. deficiancy test. Carmex is the only thing which has come close to working, mind you, it's also the only one I've used religiously. In my case, I think the problem has gone beyond a cosmetic cure.

Another vote for vaseline as lip balm here. I use it every night and use burts bees beeswax lip balm during the day. I would have dry lip issues without these 2 hero products.

Vaseline's great for the lips at night, just after brushing the teefs, but is a bit glossy for daytime. For day I like those cheapo Lacura lipbalms from Aldi - surprisingly good quality and don't melt in the car.

Last edited:
Figs &. Rouge Balm is fab - they do a multi purpose balm which I've been using on my lips (and face) and they also do just a lip balm - highly recommend it - it's under £5 in Boots and in their 3 for 2. It's organic and petroleum free. The tins are pretty cute too

Burt's bees lip balm in mango :D no spf though.. I recently got an spf one from Nivea .. spf 30! much higher than more expensive brands and was half price at superdrug.. only £1.55! So far so good!

I swear by Oriflame tender care. I have used all sorts over the years, including Gayle Hayman (which I did like for a few years) and I have tried the EOS balm my daughter swears by and all the young women seem to love, but I always go back to Tender care for night time and make sure I get a couple of pots every time it goes on half price. I am currently using a stick balm by Caudalie that I was sent free when I ordered Bioderma cleanser from a French pharmacy and so far am very pleased with it.

Ii have tried the Loccitane Shea butter one and it's not that good in fact it's pretty rubbish. I use lanolips 101 at night then thier lemon aid one in the day, 100% organic lanolin and absolutly wonderful stuff, you get a really big tube of the 101 for round £12 and because it is so thick ( hard to get out of tube so warm it in your hands first) you use the tiniest amount so it lasts ages. They do coloured ones as well which I haven't used but know quite a few people who have it's now become one of those things thatbI have to have a spare off in just in case I run out.

My vote is for Gatineau's lip product too. I use it every night (and a couple of days during the day cos I love the feeling of it!) and my lips have never been so soft and nourished.

I like the L'occitaine one, and Gale Hayman. Also have the Body Shop Born Lippy in Raspberry

Latest posts

Back