Liz Earle fragrances

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I went to the Chelsea Flower Show last week and there was a small LE "stall". I was drawn in by the lovely smell of the fragrance. I sprayed my wrist, went and had a coffee and then planned to wander back to treat myself to it.............

When I smelt my wrist after 30 mins or so I didn't like it, smelt completely diff on me. Needless to say I didn't buy it. Just goes to show how perfume is very personal, glad I didn't buy it from QVC.

Linda xx

I have tried 2 LE fragrances in John Lewis (1st 2 I think).

One, I absolutely adored when I tired it, but after a while, it just smelled awful, old and musty.

And I just didnt like the smell of the other one as I sprayed it on, but after 1/2 hour or so, it smelt lovely......but not enough for me to buy it:grin:

Its all very well for shops to spray sticks for you to sniff, but you need it on your skin to find out how it will react to your personal chemistry.

We now have a Liz Earle counter in Boots Belfast city centre. They give out samples willingly if you ask, I got 100 to try. Not pleasant, but then jasmine is not a hit with me. They were also giving out 30ml sizes of C&P with any product bought.

I got a sample of 100 from QVC, I found it very floral, which I suppose isn't surprising. It's quite different from the type of perfume I normally wear but I didn't know whether to buy it because it was different, rather than buying something else that's similar to my previous purchases.

I bought Elie Saab without trying it a few weeks ago and, in addition to not being too keen on it, the smell had gone in a couple of hours (normally new perfumes last really well on me). There was something that reminded me of Angel which I don't like. I bet Donna will be able to pinpoint the mystery note. :sun:

I quite like the LE perfumes...they're just not strong enough for me though...I find they've all but disappeared within the hour.I like really strong perfumes.

I quite like the LE perfumes...they're just not strong enough for me though...I find they've all but disappeared within the hour.I like really strong perfumes.

I've got the first two and they last really well on me, which proves the point that perfumes are different on different people and as SallyMc posted you need to try them on your skin rather than sniffing a bit of card. So why did I buy that Elie Saab after doing neither of these things?

I will say its the patchouli. My skin hangs on to perfume and refuses to let it go. I read reviews and its, "Oh this only lasts 10 minutes on me!" I think damn, I get a good 5 hours out of that one.

so many perfumes just dissapear on me these days ....Jimmy choo is the best for longevity for me orf my posher ones ....i love all sorts ...cheap ...expensive ..but if they dissapear ..espeacially the edps then i get so annoyed..:mysmilie_486:

cant eat toffees these days but i only squirt the tiniest bit ...the same with Angel ...i dab the smallest bit and it smells gorgeous...imho but when i squirt too much ...i hate it...lol i guess i love the sweetie smell:giggle:

I can't abide Turkish Delight but I love Traversee du Bosphore (L'Artisan Parfumer). Back on the topic of Liz Earle, I like the second one but haven't tried the latest.

Someone walked past me in town the other day wearing that Jean Paul Gaultier classique perfume. I've never been that keen on it before because it's a bit too strong for me, but it smelt lovely on that passer by.

Latest posts

Back