Liz Earle skin tonic original formula

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Geminilady

Registered Shopper
For those of us that were disappointed with the new formulations, I’ve just seen on Facebook that on Wednesday 15th June Liz Earle are launching the return of the original formula skin tonic, with the twist top bottle but now fully recyclable. Reading through some of the comments on there they are also apparently looking again at the eyebright reformulation.

For those of us that were disappointed with the new formulations, I’ve just seen on Facebook that on Wednesday 15th June Liz Earle are launching the return of the original formula skin tonic, with the twist top bottle but now fully recyclable. Reading through some of the comments on there they are also apparently looking again at the eyebright reformulation.
Wow thank you so much for this .. I’ve been using this only product of hers for 10 years .. x

So will LE be recalling all the current stock back from QVC? Or more likely, just let it sell on until it runs out and then restock with the original ones again? I cannot see QVC wanting to lose money by dumping the stock they have at present.

So will LE be recalling all the current stock back from QVC? Or more likely, just let it sell on until it runs out and then restock with the original ones again? I cannot see QVC wanting to lose money by dumping the stock they have at present.
There are only a few kits left on the QVC website that include the new formula. Given that it was so universally badly received, I’d guess it’s more likely that Liz Earle will recall that stock from major stockists at their expense.

It will be very interesting to see what happens now they’ve done a U-turn… will it be enough to convince their long term regular customers? Personally, I don't think it will be, I think it’s too late. I think a lot of LE customers went off and found other brands..I know I did.
I still buy LE, but only when it’s in a decent sale…
And boots have 3 For the price of 2 at the moment… bought three body balms, which I do love, paid for two, got loads of extra points and free delivery.

I think it will be too expensive to return to the original original C&P formula. I think cocoa butter was a cheaper option than the original used, then they "improved" it again... I didn't use the real original but enjoyed the one with cocoa butter.
I know that the raw ingredients used in many products have become more expensive, which means prices creeping up... and the companies probable know they can't put all of that cost into price ingredients, so if they want to maintain that margin, they have to take cost out of the end product by reformulating. I just hate the lies and dissimulation about the changes. I do not think they understand that trust in the product cannot be taken for granted, and that regular, loyal customers are not fools to be gaslighted into believing a product has only been repackaged...
Not just a LE issue. Far too many brands have been doing this recently. With costs spiralling, it is inevitable that something has to give, but more honesty and transparency would help. Instead they risk destroying both the product and the brand reputation.

Good to know the original Skin Tonic is coming back and I hope they also take the Eyebright back to what it was. I see it now contains Micellar water, I don't need or want that in my Eyebright, I didn't realise until I'd got it home but I won't be buying it until it goes back to the previous formulation too, it doesn't feel refreshing on my eyes any longer and also makes them sting. I wish they'd stop messing about with formulations! Arghhhh

It will be very interesting to see what happens now they’ve done a U-turn… will it be enough to convince their long term regular customers? Personally, I don't think it will be, I think it’s too late. I think a lot of LE customers went off and found other brands..I know I did.
I still buy LE, but only when it’s in a decent sale…
And boots have 3 For the price of 2 at the moment… bought three body balms, which I do love, paid for two, got loads of extra points and free delivery.
Yeah many would have found alternative and maybe cheaper … I’m still mulling over trying another .. save pennies but .. my skin loves the original formula

I think it will be too expensive to return to the original original C&P formula. I think cocoa butter was a cheaper option than the original used, then they "improved" it again... I didn't use the real original but enjoyed the one with cocoa butter.
I know that the raw ingredients used in many products have become more expensive, which means prices creeping up... and the companies probable know they can't put all of that cost into price ingredients, so if they want to maintain that margin, they have to take cost out of the end product by reformulating. I just hate the lies and dissimulation about the changes. I do not think they understand that trust in the product cannot be taken for granted, and that regular, loyal customers are not fools to be gaslighted into believing a product has only been repackaged...
Not just a LE issue. Far too many brands have been doing this recently. With costs spiralling, it is inevitable that something has to give, but more honesty and transparency would help. Instead they risk destroying both the product and the brand reputation.
Loccitane did a while back .. I loved the body lotion and then started breaking out in rashes on hands .. was very disappointed

They listened eventually, but they also kept insisting that the product hadn’t changed, it’s only the packaging. I’m guessing that plunging sales opened their ears more than customer feedback, but then I’m cynical…
Im glad it’s back as it is a fabulous product, but it’s not done their reputation any good.

Latest posts

Back