Lola Rose TSV 10/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not thrilled by this. The colours are nice but don't much like the metal beads. Seems more like overpriced costume jewellery & think the box is too twee for words.

I actually like the metal spacers, I have small wrists so the larger pieces look silly on me, I really like the portobello and Compton bracelets

I actually like the metal spacers, I have small wrists so the larger pieces look silly on me, I really like the portobello and Compton bracelets

Same here. I might go for this tsv, when I posted about the John Lewis priced one a week ago, although I liked it I thought it overpriced. I think the tsv price is good and prefer the colour combos more than the self coloured versions in John lewis.

I don't mind the metal spacers as such but I don't like that the plating wears off them.

Would love to see some photos of her earlier pieces.

You can usually find them on ebay if you search on "lola rose" and "necklace" or "bracelet". Here's one example of a necklace in a different colour from mine which imho look much better. I'm not keen on this colour shown but it does give you an idea of the style, called Jennifer. I always get compliments when I wear it.

You can usually find them on ebay if you search on "lola rose" and "necklace" or "bracelet". Here's one example of a necklace in a different colour from mine which imho look much better. I'm not keen on this colour shown but it does give you an idea of the style, called Jennifer. I always get compliments when I wear it.

I remember this one. I was just starting to watch the LR shows and would love to have had this one (I love the colours - a little different) and this in another colour but thought I had no real reason for getting it. Thanks for finding it!!

Thanks Thatu. That is one of the necklaces I was thinking about when I posted earlier regarding not seeing many heart/flower items lately, but I could not remember the name. I have this necklace in a couple of colours and it is lovely - I wonder if it is still made? I do look on the Lola Rose site but never see it. In some ways I think Nikki had wandered off the main road and into a side street with her latest designs. They just don't have the 'I have to have that factor' for me much anymore.

No, Anna, it's been discontinued. There were some on the LR website at sale prices a while ago and I got one then, but they've now gone so it's all ebay. Always worth checking the LR website, btw. When they have a sale there are really good bargains to be had. I've bought necklaces there for well under £20 in the past, when they were still on sale on Q for 3 times the price, or more.

No, Anna, it's been discontinued. There were some on the LR website at sale prices a while ago and I got one then, but they've now gone so it's all ebay. Always worth checking the LR website, btw. When they have a sale there are really good bargains to be had. I've bought necklaces there for well under £20 in the past, when they were still on sale on Q for 3 times the price, or more.

Oh, I love the Lola Rose sales too - spent a small fortune in the past. I have had many a nice piece and for such good prices. Shame that the Jennifer has been discontinued, can only hope that she will bring it back in the future.

I remember once I was sent a survey asking my opinion on her jewellery, and I said I preferred the hearts and flowers to the newer designs of odd shaped pieces of stone, or long necklaces of just stones with no hearts/flowers. So much for that! The odd shaped stones seem to have won out in the designs. I presume I was a lone voice with other replies they received.

i have not bought lola rose for years but i have a lot of her older designs. some i wear every day. some of the bigger pieces are for a night at the theatre or a nice posh night out. i think she makes far too much stuff for qvc and has lost her way

I surprise myself here somewhat as I don't like those flowery pieces. I ought to do really but I'm not keen. My first piece was an Alfie bracelet and that's really where my heart lies. Simple stones in mid size pieces. I don't dislike the metal spacers.

I've also become much more matchy matchy with LR. The recent Angel TSV with the matching necklace is a set I wear regularly as is another old TSV in the brights (orange, fuchsia and jasmine marble). I'm now stalking eBay to pick up necklaces to match my favourite bracelets.

I have a good few LR pieces and I think the quality has diminished greatly in recent offerings. Being produced down to a price now I feel.

Is it just me or do these look a little tight on everyone's wrist. Those people have very small wrists and there doesn't seem to be the normal excess in the tails.

I quite like the look of this bracelet for my sister- but the naff poem totally cheapens the presentation. Don't know what Nicki was thinking there!

Is it just me or do these look a little tight on everyone's wrist. Those people have very small wrists and there doesn't seem to be the normal excess in the tails.

Looking at the sizes on line I think you're right. The Cassidy is one of the smaller bracelets in circumference and this says its slightly smaller. I can wear the Cassidy but it is a bit tight to get it on. And the "clackers" are shorter than most. I'd say this would be the same and may not fit if you have quite big hands. It says its only just over 7 inches at its widest.

that dreadful lurex scarf is anather case in point re quality. and the watch with a photgraph of a semi precious stone that had to be recalled is anather

Not forgetting the smelly hand cream that made even model and bezzy mate Catherine and her mum wrinkle up their noses and which TK Maxx struggled to shift! Nicki is right to try to diversify for long term business security in anticipation of the big pebble beads going out of style but she's never matched the genius of her early designs in terms of products folk love and collect.

Latest posts

Back