Luxury skincare? Arrrgh!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MsTrouble

Registered Shopper
Sorry for having to rant but I have to left off steam which has been bubbling for a while - Judith Williams skin care and many others who go on about their products being luxury skin care. The Prai lady is guilty of this too.

Skin care is not about how much money you spend on a product or how luxurious it is.
It is about keeping your skin healthy and in good condition. Everyone has different skin concerns whether that be acne, spots, greasy skin, dry skin, wrinkles, rosacea, pigmentation problems etc, etc. and many other factors affect your skin too like diet, pollution, hygiene, stress, illness, age, your genes, medication the list is endless.
Solving skin problems in not a luxury to that person as it can be distressing for them.

So for Miss Williams to come on and rave about all the luxury ingredients in her products at an affordable price because she developed luxury skin care for celebrities blah blah does not mean anything. Luxury means pampering, expensive, not essential so wish they would not use this word. Pointless having expensive ingredients when they are no better than ordinary cheaper skin care and it bugs me when she coos over the cream's texture
" look how thick and luxurious this is" arghhh!!! The cream contains ingredients that enhance the texture of the cream for your pleasure it does not make it perform any better or do anything miraculous, it's just thickener!

Apologies to any fans of the range, I'm not against that as it is priced well it's just that I have problems with the word 'luxury' and will be seeing a doctor about it soon!

:whew: Phew.....that's better.

I agree Ms T, luxury is essentially a meaningless term nowadays. However high quality ingredients might win me over i.e. ethically grown, correctly processed etc. Once silk was a luxury fabric, now it's affordable for anyone. However the very high quality fabric still costs a lot and is lovely she says longingly.

that cream looks nice

i agree. people buy into luxury skincare. the bottles look nice on dressing table, the cream /lotion smells nice. it has many essential oils (that can cause irritation) it has a nice texture oh and it cost £100.00 a jar.

people do buy into hype and sometimes wont buy a brand because it has no dressing table kudos!:taphead:

i agree. people buy into luxury skincare. the bottles look nice on dressing table, the cream /lotion smells nice. it has many essential oils (that can cause irritation) it has a nice texture oh and it cost £100.00 a jar.

people do buy into hype and sometimes wont buy a brand because it has no dressing table kudos!:taphead:

Wahey ! you can count Ms Franks in on that one then - she spouted off the other week that she had bought Elemis milk lotion in a specially shaped bottle, purely because it looked good in her bathroom - price , er around £50 !!!!!! sorry, but think of the groceries you could buy as opposed to LOOKING at something in the bathroom oh, but then JF doesn't "DO" coooking does she. (doesn't eat either by the look of her )

Sorry for having to rant but I have to left off steam which has been bubbling for a while - Judith Williams skin care and many others who go on about their products being luxury skin care. The Prai lady is guilty of this too.

Skin care is not about how much money you spend on a product or how luxurious it is.
It is about keeping your skin healthy and in good condition. Everyone has different skin concerns whether that be acne, spots, greasy skin, dry skin, wrinkles, rosacea, pigmentation problems etc, etc. and many other factors affect your skin too like diet, pollution, hygiene, stress, illness, age, your genes, medication the list is endless.
Solving skin problems in not a luxury to that person as it can be distressing for them.

So for Miss Williams to come on and rave about all the luxury ingredients in her products at an affordable price because she developed luxury skin care for celebrities blah blah does not mean anything. Luxury means pampering, expensive, not essential so wish they would not use this word. Pointless having expensive ingredients when they are no better than ordinary cheaper skin care and it bugs me when she coos over the cream's texture
" look how thick and luxurious this is" arghhh!!! The cream contains ingredients that enhance the texture of the cream for your pleasure it does not make it perform any better or do anything miraculous, it's just thickener!

Apologies to any fans of the range, I'm not against that as it is priced well it's just that I have problems with the word 'luxury' and will be seeing a doctor about it soon!

:whew: Phew.....that's better.

when that ridiculous Prai woman bounces her fingertip in a pot of cream and goes on about its texture all i can think of is wallpaper paste.

and can we all please stop apologising for out opinions? its becoming endemic on this forum.

Couldn't agree more with this, it like when they bang on about a product making your skin feel like silk..you'll find that's the silicone in the cream there Alison, not presteeeeeeeejus ingreeeejunts. And as the OP says, thickeners make a product thick (generally speaking, unless it's shea/cocoa butter etc). So a thick texture can be completely meaningless. What really eats my lunch is when they hold up their moisturised hand next to the non moisturised one and exclaim how amazing the moisturised one looks. Yes, ANY emoliant will make the skin look plumper because it's adding water/oil to the skin so of course it'll look better right away. But is it actually doing anything to your skin? Probably not. So get yourself a tube of handcream from Boots coz it'll do the same job...

I'm not against liking any brand, if you like it and can afford it then good for you. But I'm fed up of being sold snake oil and being told it'll do everything bar make the tea for me, especially when accompanied by crappy simulated videos of vitamins etc all happily marching into skin being passed off as scientific research. Don't get me started on the 'youth molecule' LOL!

Tx

The trouble is our culture is blinded by the celeb now. So women like sheep will rush to buy X, Y or Z because Cheryl,Kylie or whoever is the in zeleb is suppose to use it. They are no doubt paid to say they use whatever, even if its less expensive brand someone has paid big money to have their face or name in beside it.

You find a brand you like and you use it.

NOTHING OUT OF A POT SOLD OVER A COUNTER OR ON TV WILL GET RID OF WRINKLES.

Latest posts

Back