Lyndsay ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just heard our beloved Jess refer to mother of pearl as "beyond expensive".

🙄
How far 'beyond expensive'?? ;) There'll always be seashells that can be polished up, even if it's the great grandfather of Pearl, or whatever she decides to call herself, so again, how far? :p

Lindsey on with Glenn Lehrer sitting alongside her.

"A beautiful colour that will last forever - and its carved by Glenn Lehrer an erm.. artist, an ermmm... erm.... crafts erm......"

Then Glenn awkwardly starts talking as Lindsey struggles to describe who/what he is.

Then, on fine form, she says "you're getting an amazing amount of gold"

How many grams of gold does "amazing" weigh exactly Linds?
Oh blimey, I bet Glenn Lehrer was pleased to be on with the village idiot! He usually likes the adoration coming in bucketloads from the presenter, but we all know the only thing that comes in bucketloads from her can normally be found in fields of cows or after the Household Cavalry have gone through London. He's a....umm......he's a...err -. Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's Lehrer Man!

This afternoon, Lindsey left her brain in her Destello plastic handbag. As usual.

She's mimicking Jess Foley's impression of the opening to a South American bat cave. Had enough time to boil the kettle and be back before she'd closed her mouth.

At one point, the pink Australian opal bracelet was sold out. Literally the next breath, she grabs it, shows it and says, with no correction, that there are only 30 left...

And the latest price comparison? This (image 1) compared to this pendant (image 2, approx £3, 750, Tiffany, 18K gold, platinum, G/VS diamonds).

RRRidickaluss! 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-25-15-37-12-537.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-05-25-15-37-12-537.jpeg
    586.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-05-25-15-36-51-479.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-05-25-15-36-51-479.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 0
And the latest price comparison? This (image 1) compared to this pendant (image 2, approx £3, 750, Tiffany, 18K gold, platinum, G/VS diamonds).
After a very cursory look at the two photos, I can really see why the two were compared. Identical down to a 't' I can't see any difference between the two. I'll double check with a magnifying glass just to be sure. :)

I'm watching Lynsey at about 3.56 pm. Quote: "It's one of a kind. Yes, it looks like one of a kind". (Yer don't say, Lyns - is it really one of a kind, I think I missed it?).

She's showing a Manakana (not sure if correct spelling) aquamarine set in a ring. It's a vivid blue in the light box, but on her finger pale as anything. Never come across these aquamarines before, so I've no idea what they should look like. Only 1.7 ct of gold in the ring, by the way, but Lyns says "this price - just for the gold". It was about £290. Every day's a schoolday (not).

I will have to stop now watching Lindsay's show now .. I have already posted on another thread how she was stressing the colour in a Chalcedony bangle and how difficult is us to carve this gemstone without losing colour ... if she had looked at the graphics she would have seen her piece was dyed! Just now there is a Morganite ring .. she is saying how difficult it is to get clarity with this gemstone.. that is nonsense too as pink Beryl, like aquamarine is very clear and it is colour more likely to be the issue. Lindsay is very pleasant but for someone who has been presenting for so long, she talks absolute nonsense. I feel mean but such incompetence just makes me cross and how she managed to get accredited is beyond me 🤨
Sorry, but in my personal opinion I'm very cynical indeed about the so-called accreditation. If there is any validity in the qualification at all, then why allow them to spout utter nonsense at times? It makes an utter laughing stock of the presenter and the channel.

Same here. Jeff and Kate McCarthy are the only two that are watchable - plus Jim too when he fills in on Gems TV.

Adina annoys some people - but I find her watchable. I just wish she'd cut out some of the ludicrous claims she's coming out with lately. She has no need to do that because Adina is actually very knowledgeable and informative.

Angeline would be OK too if she didn't come across as so aggressive on-screen. I find her way of presenting a bit 'hard-faced', if that makes sense.

The rest are truly abysmal though and totally unwatchable - especially Lyndsey, Jess Foley and Cheralene. Ellis used to be decent - but she's really annoying now, Lynn chats b*****ks, and Hattie is too hyper and shouty.

The line-up these days is shocking compared to when they had really good presenters such as Scott Worsfold, Rae Carpenter, Lara De-Leuw, etc. Presenters that were genuinely knowledgeable, informative and good to watch.
I don't know whether Adina's knowledgeable or not, because she never finishes a sentence.

It's a controversial opinion but I think I actually prefer Jess Foley to Lyndsay.
The only reason I say this is because I can tolerate 60 seconds of Jess before I turn the channel over but I can only manage 10 seconds of Ms. Carr.

If there is any validity in the qualification at all, then why allow them to spout utter nonsense at times?

The GIA AJP qualification is pointless anyway really because it's very basic and aimed more at 'gem reselling' rather than obtaining 'gem knowledge'. In addition, a lot of the stones that Gemporia sell aren't covered in the GIA AGP exam anyway. Alex used to be very open about that when he was selling some of the rarer stones on Gem Collector.

The GIP AJP exam is fairly basic, covers predominantly the 'big 5' stones, some of the more common stones like Zircon, Quartz, etc - and 'overlap' stones that are minerals but get referred to as gemstones because they're put into jewellery - things like Rhodonite or Pyrite.

The Gemporia bunch are not gemmologists, mineralogists or geologists. There's more chance of me being Prime Minister on the 6th July than Jess Foley or Lindsey Carr passing a complex exam such as Geology or Gemmology. I doubt that Lindsey Carr can even spell Geology. She probably thinks it's a small fishing town in North Lincolnshire, getting it confused with Grimsby..........

Hence why they waffle or describe things using the wrong terminology - such as Jess Foley describing Aquamarine as 'top quality iridescent grade' a few weeks ago. Aquamarine of any grade DOES NOT show iridescence. Iridescence is when the stone reflects multi-colours back off the surface - stones such as Moonstone or Labradorite.

So, it's tantamount to reading the introduction to a book or a synopsis and thinking you know it all now. Or, as I do, read the headline and first paragraph, just to get the idea before continuing.

Yeah, pretty much.

I don't think there's a 'mock' GIA AJP exam that can be done online to see how we'd do - but I'm fairly confident that if such a thing existed, we'd all either pass, or score quite highly, in it.

Screenshot_2024-06-13-15-11-03-862.jpeg

Lindsey: Oh my gosh!!! It looks like pink Jadeite.
Me: Oh yes. Didn't know could get pink.

Lindsey: Look how it fluoresces.
Me: Oh my!!! Included as it is and in the glare of the light box. Wow!!!

Lindsey: Incredibly rare, incredibly sought after!!!
Me: Oh!!! I cannot wait. Please tell me.

Lindsey: All yours, with matching earrings for under £50.
Me: Absolutely. My boots are yours for filling. Use my card ending 666.

The GIA AJP qualification is pointless anyway really because it's very basic and aimed more at 'gem reselling' rather than obtaining 'gem knowledge'. In addition, a lot of the stones that Gemporia sell aren't covered in the GIA AGP exam anyway. Alex used to be very open about that when he was selling some of the rarer stones on Gem Collector.

The GIP AJP exam is fairly basic, covers predominantly the 'big 5' stones, some of the more common stones like Zircon, Quartz, etc - and 'overlap' stones that are minerals but get referred to as gemstones because they're put into jewellery - things like Rhodonite or Pyrite.

The Gemporia bunch are not gemmologists, mineralogists or geologists. There's more chance of me being Prime Minister on the 6th July than Jess Foley or Lindsey Carr passing a complex exam such as Geology or Gemmology. I doubt that Lindsey Carr can even spell Geology. She probably thinks it's a small fishing town in North Lincolnshire, getting it confused with Grimsby..........

Hence why they waffle or describe things using the wrong terminology - such as Jess Foley describing Aquamarine as 'top quality iridescent grade' a few weeks ago. Aquamarine of any grade DOES NOT show iridescence. Iridescence is when the stone reflects multi-colours back off the surface - stones such as Moonstone or Labradorite.
So it seems this is an example of something smacking of deviousness going way back. I can remember when the original presenters were still at Gemporia, and it used to be a regular thing that they, and Steve, would talk on air about studying for the GIA exam and how they had to keep their knowledge up to date, were regularly tested on their knowledge, etc. etc. And to be fair the original presenters were 100% more knowledgeable than today's cohort. I'm wondering, then, if the format of the qualification has changed over the years and it's been 'dumbed down' somewhat? Or is it that the original presenters took their job a lot more seriously and made it their business to find out much more factual information (with the emphasis on the word 'factual', a word that some presenters seem unfamiliar with)?

View attachment 28823

Lindsey: Oh my gosh!!! It looks like pink Jadeite.
Me: Oh yes. Didn't know could get pink.

Lindsey: Look how it fluoresces.
Me: Oh my!!! Included as it is and in the glare of the light box. Wow!!!

Lindsey: Incredibly rare, incredibly sought after!!!
Me: Oh!!! I cannot wait. Please tell me.

Lindsey: All yours, with matching earrings for under £50.
Me: Absolutely. My boots are yours for filling. Use my card ending 666.

It's painful, isn't it? Given the choice, root canal treatment is preferable. I watched her the other day flogging an aquamarine ring and forced myself to try to watch it to the end just so I could glimpse what the vision of beauty sold for, but had to switch off. It was like Minnie Mouse squeaking inside the TV, except that Minnie Mouse talks more sense. The cat, as usual, voted with his feet (paws) and headed for the garden. He certainly had no wish to multibuy and neither did I.

Latest posts

Back