Magniflex Topper TSV 09/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks, scw. I wonder how much this is going to be. We love our Magniflex topper, bought as a TSV last year when it first came out. It's not at all like normal memory foam and doesn't move on the bed.

I bought the last tsv. Its reversible but not the same as this one. Its fabulous, really comfortable and it doesnt move either.

This looks like what I need to breath new life into my sad old mattress.
Lets hope that it is not only a reasonable price but on max easy pays as well.

Can I ask those who have one of these, are they washable? And do they add substantially to the depth of the mattress (ie: do standard size fitted sheets work, or do they need the deeper sheets to fit over them?). My mum really needs a new mattress but adamantly refuses to have one ('not worth it at my age' - *sigh*). She has arthritis and back problems, so I think this could potentially be good for her.

These aren't deep toppers, mine, bought as a TSV this year, has 2 parts that kind of Velcro together (warm fleecy side and cool side) and probably a couple of inches deep. However, I have to say it is the most comfortable surface to sleep on and I'm a terrible sleeper most of the time. We bought ours for the caravan as the mattress was beginning to feel the springs and we love it. I've been waiting for this to reappear as a TSV so I can buy one for home. I would highly recommend it. Not sure if it would be the answer for back problems though as it's not like those memory foam toppers that are inches deep. Never washed mine yet as I have it under a protector and a sheet but you could pull it apart and wash each part separately I suppose. It comes in a big box so you could try it and if it's no good I expect QVC would pick it up free. CS would advise.

CC

Ours is much like the TSV shape and at the most is about an inch thick. I have back problems, too, and it's giving enough support. As to washability, I'm not sure because we have mattress protectors on all our beds, but I can thoroughly recommend it. I'll post more when I can get a good look at it but I believe the guest said to sponge it off.

Magniflex 3 in 1 All Seasons Merino Wool Mattress Topper
Item Number: 804653
P&P: £7.95

Single QVC Price £81 Todays Special Value Price £66

Double QVC Price £120 Todays Special Value Price £99

King Size QVC Price £144 Todays Special Value Price £117

Super King Size QVC Price £171 Todays Special Value Price £141

The all seasons mattress topper from Magniflex is comprised of a winter side made in merino wool and a summer side in breathable cotton, these two individual toppers can be zipped together to create one thick, super cosy topper for your mattress. As well as providing wonderful comfort for your night's sleep, this memory foam-filled Magniflex topper also acts as a hygienic barrier between you and your mattress, keeping it in top condition for longer.

Layers of comfort - with two individual toppers, one made in merino wool and one made in cotton, this all seasons design can be used in three ways; zipped together to create a super cosy layer or unzipped to provide two separate toppers of different fabrics that you can use on different beds.

Comfort for every season - stay cosy in the winter with the two sides combined and the luxurious merino wool side turned up, then if you find this is getting too warm in the spring and summer months, simply unzip the wool side and enjoy the cotton side, which allows air and humidity to pass through its three layers while wicking away moisture, allowing a fresh night's sleep.

The magic of memory foam - created with Magniflex Memoform the all seasons topper helps improve the comfort and ergonomics of your mattress, as well as improving the overall quality of your sleep. This memory foam is pressure-sensitive and moulds quickly to the shape of a body pressing against it, returning to its original shape once the pressure is removed.

Developed especially for QVC
All fibres and components are anallergic and Oeko Tex 100 Class II Certified
Works on any mattress up to 30cm tall
Eliminates motion transfer on traditional coil mattresses between partners
Elasticated corners ensures the topper stay securely on your mattress
Cotton blend side: 69% polyester, 31% cotton; upper back: 100% polypropylene
Wool blended side: upper: 60% wool, 40% polyester; back: 100% polypropylene
Fill: first layer: 100% polyurethane (visco elastic memory foam ); second layer: 100% polyester
Dry clean only

Measurements:

Single: 90cm x 190cm (35.4" x 75")
Double: 135cm x 190cm (53.1" x 75")
King: 150cm x 200cm (59" x 78.7")
Super king: 180cm x 200cm (70.8" x 78.7")

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804653

Can I ask those who have one of these, are they washable? And do they add substantially to the depth of the mattress (ie: do standard size fitted sheets work, or do they need the deeper sheets to fit over them?). My mum really needs a new mattress but adamantly refuses to have one ('not worth it at my age' - *sigh*). She has arthritis and back problems, so I think this could potentially be good for her.

I was initially interested is this but v disappointed by the reviews on qvc uk and Italy for similar...

The topper isn't washable according to the presentation.. Someone tweeted to ask about if it was and if there was someone incontinent using it and the guy said it could be spot cleaned but only dry cleaned if the whole item needed washing...

It is really very thin too and I don't think it would be a great choice for your mum. If you look at item number 804108 which is very similar 3 in 1 magniflex topper, it gets 3.8/5 reviews and people complaining it's too thin and too firm... Although guess with QVC's 30 day do-da, it would be a good place to try a topper from as there aren't many you could try and return one!

What would your mum want from a topper? Does she need it to make her old mattress less saggy or do you think she needs some 'squidginess'?

I love the shop www.soakandsleep.com Have bought loads of bedding from them (and cashmere bed socks and pjs for mum's Christmas special treat present) and been thrilled with the quality and customer service.... They v often have offers on too (I got 30% most recent order) and free pandp over certain amount. Their guarantee is 365 days from purchase (as long as not used) so you can change your mind upon seeing stuff plus it's free returns :)

Sadly the topper I would recommend most from them - luxury 3 inch 50kg/m2 density memory foam (which has removable washable cover - as do all their memory foam items AND it doesn't smell at all which most memory foam does!) - is discontinued. But they still do 2 inch classic one which is v reasonable.

Or on my other bed I have their ultimate Australian wool topper. It has a stretch fabric skirt so fit easily over mattress. It's not hugely deep but is so luxurious and naturally breathable etc. The reverse side of it is like a cottony covering, for summer, more like a deeper mattress protector. Maybe worth a look-see! Good luck...

If you mums mattress is old, I would recommend a new one.
I was having back problems too and our mattress was 12-14 years old - I finally persuaded my husband to bite the bullet and buy a new one and my back problems disappeared .
Your mother could potentially feel so much better with a new mattress / bed - she needs to realise that her health is worth more than money ! Good luck with persuading her

I have an 8 year old memory foam topper from QVC that I am still using. I find it a little hot in the summer so I bought one of the earlier Magniflex toppers probably about 18 months ago. Returned it under the 30 day guarantee as it was not as good as my existing topper.

A few years ago QVC sold a mattress topper called True Sleeper it resulted in one of the longest threads on here. It had many good reviews. It was when toppers were not that widely available.

Thanks for responses. This memory topper is definitely not any use to my mum. Of course, I would buy her a new mattress in a heartbeat, and have offered to do so many times over the years, but she absolutely flatly refuses to have one. What can you do? *sigh*

Thanks for responses. This memory topper is definitely not any use to my mum. Of course, I would buy her a new mattress in a heartbeat, and have offered to do so many times over the years, but she absolutely flatly refuses to have one. What can you do? *sigh*
Just buy her the mattress and get it delivered. Tell her that it was a deal not to be missed. I wonder if she does not want a new one because she is worried about wetting the new one. If that is the case then buy a kylie cover to protect it.

I bought this today and paid less for the king size than I did for the double last time round so I think it's very good value. Can't wait for it to arrive as I loved the last one - you don't need an electric blanket either as the woolly side is really warm.

CC

Just buy her the mattress and get it delivered. Tell her that it was a deal not to be missed. I wonder if she does not want a new one because she is worried about wetting the new one. If that is the case then buy a kylie cover to protect it.
If only it were that simple!

She isn't incontinent, just ****** pig headed and obstinate!. She thinks she is going to die soon, and so won't even consider a new one. I wouldn't mind, but this has been going on for at least 10 years, during which she could have been sleeping in comfort! I have tried 'just pressing ahead' before, but she doesn't live with me and would just refuse the delivery (and give me an earful!). She is impossible sometimes.

Are there any other family members you could get on the case? That worked for me.

Can you be sneaky with the mattress replacement - does she ever stay away from home at all? Just don't tell her and switch the mattress while she's away...

Latest posts

Back