Marina Berry: What's the Point?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, QVC's Julia Roberts once performed on some Eurovision show, as well as doing a load of other 'dolly bird' parts, and look where she is now - the Queen of Shopping Telly :rock:

Yeah Marina: you'll have YEARS of being a generic bint then end up flogging overpriced tat on shopping telly.

Talk about going full circle.

I ave to say, I agree with Greg. I dnt know how anyone has a bad word to say about that girl! Shes my favorite assistant and always has been. I actually can tell you all for a fact she didnt get in to shopping tv through peter simon as i remember her talking about the fact she'd met pete for the first time at bid up and they got talkin on her first day and her dad worked with him back in the 80s (?) and that theyd lost touch. LOL as u can tell im a big fan of marina! Think it was about 3 years ago when she was on with peter and they was talking. I dont think its fair being bitchy about her when you havent got the facts totally straight guys......! As for the eurovision that was 2 or 3 years ago now, as u can tell i am a friend of hers on facebook lol and shes done loads since that. If u knew any more about her other than wat u see on screen youd see situp channels is just a fraction of the work she does. i know she said how unwell she felt on one of her last posts on fb. so maybz she was not feeling well that day with james rusell. Shame youre being so bitter about her really, as she seems like a lovely lady. ive always got a reply if i messaged her so shes oviously a nice person so i bet you woulnt be so nasty to her face :-/ come on u lot show sum love!!!!

btw marinas never worked at radio 2 from wat i can see?! lol seriously guys u need to get ur facts straight!!! Lol ;)

I ave to say, I agree with Greg. I dnt know how anyone has a bad word to say about that girl! Shes my favorite assistant and always has been. I actually can tell you all for a fact she didnt get in to shopping tv through peter simon as i remember her talking about the fact she'd met pete for the first time at bid up and they got talkin on her first day and her dad worked with him back in the 80s (?) and that theyd lost touch. LOL as u can tell im a big fan of marina! Think it was about 3 years ago when she was on with peter and they was talking. I dont think its fair being bitchy about her when you havent got the facts totally straight guys......! As for the eurovision that was 2 or 3 years ago now, as u can tell i am a friend of hers on facebook lol and shes done loads since that. If u knew any more about her other than wat u see on screen youd see situp channels is just a fraction of the work she does. i know she said how unwell she felt on one of her last posts on fb. so maybz she was not feeling well that day with james rusell. Shame youre being so bitter about her really, as she seems like a lovely lady. ive always got a reply if i messaged her so shes oviously a nice person so i bet you woulnt be so nasty to her face :-/ come on u lot show sum love!!!!

She may well be a lovely person - I don't know, I've never met her. Nothing against her personally, it's just I do not see what she really adds to Bid. Apart from being a bit of eye candy, all she seems to do is chime in with the odd bland comment from time to time. Just my opinion :hi:

yeh fulhamphil and bexi it was more directed toward HC! :) Everyones entitled to there opinion but ive been a fan of marinas and on her facebook and twitter for ages and i think some of the stuff on here is not true info or very fair lol. i feel like i hav to stick up for her as she's lovely and did i mention shes my favourite lol. !!!!!! shes been doing some good music stuff from what i can see and i think thats her main job so i reckon that euro thing was a one off even really famous singers have off days! ;)

hi im new here gemma smallpage is full of herself i cannot stand her, ill reckon she be back with becque again.LEave him alone smallpage.

SteveyB. Totally agree with you!

I agree with the original intent of the thread stating the assistants role is somewhat superfluous.

But the thread has become a bit personal. I just wanted to counter that and I am glad you have too, SteveyB. :up:

Last edited:
I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Marina too. I've listened to some of her recordings on Youtube and she has a nice voice. Compared with some of the newer assistants, particularly the one whose speaking voice voice would crack concrete, she's not at all irritating. Mind you, she's a rotten liar, can't do it for toffee... 'Oh yes, I love this top, I'd certainly buy one'

btw marinas never worked at radio 2 from wat i can see?! lol seriously guys u need to get ur facts straight!!! Lol ;)

From Marina's Bid TV Profile:

Marina then went on to study English Literature, Graphics Design, Theatre/Drama, and Media at A Level but it was her singing talents that led her to have a solo track on the most recent James Bond album "Totally James Bond...The essential Themes" released in June 2004. She has also recorded many voiceovers and "jingles" for BBC Radio 2 for Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs and BBC 3CR.

As for presenting, Marina has worked on radio shows for the BBC for about 3 years, having co-presented alongside Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis

Last edited:
yeh fulhamphil and bexi it was more directed toward HC! :) Everyones entitled to there opinion but ive been a fan of marinas and on her facebook and twitter for ages and i think some of the stuff on here is not true info or very fair lol. i feel like i hav to stick up for her as she's lovely and did i mention shes my favourite lol. !!!!!! shes been doing some good music stuff from what i can see and i think thats her main job so i reckon that euro thing was a one off even really famous singers have off days! ;)

Erm, yes? :smirk:

Fair enough if you fancy her SteveyB, but since Marina couldn't sell her way out of a wet paper bag based on her Bid.tv performance so far, that must be what she's there for. TBH, there are PLENTY of more intelligent and attractive women out there (who could carry a tune in a bucket, too) who could easily do Marina's job, but they've not been so lucky to have a dad who works for the BBC.

And who said life was "fair"? You fancy her, I just don't see the point of her. It's called "a difference of opinion"

iv just googled her again today n think u r being a bit narrow-minded to think her dad could get her all of the work listed on here lol he wud have to be superdad!!!! http://www.singerspro.com/uk/view.php?uid=206452

isnt colin berry retired anywayz? I dont think hes ever done tv. just radio? yes i do fancy her just a little bit lol but just think ur being unfairly catty about her ;) i do agree that the assistants r there to look good though n im not complainin about that lol ;)

iv just googled her again today n think u r being a bit narrow-minded to think her dad could get her all of the work listed on here lol he wud have to be superdad!!!! http://www.singerspro.com/uk/view.php?uid=206452

isnt colin berry retired anywayz? I dont think hes ever done tv. just radio? yes i do fancy her just a little bit lol but just think ur being unfairly catty about her ;) i do agree that the assistants r there to look good though n im not complainin about that lol ;)

If that's the case then Bid may as well just plaster the set with page 3 pics and be done with it, if you agree that Marina and the rest are just there to "look good".

And of COURSE I'm being catty. Unfairly? I've said that Marina doesn't do much apart from look sexy in a tight-fitting dress, and that's what she's paid to do; you agree with that Mr B. So, if I'm commenting on what Marina Berry is being paid to do, then how is that unfair?

As for whether she has any talent or not, that is subjective; you think she does because you like looking at her while I don't think she does apart from her looks. Is that unfair? Do I say that you're wrong? Nope, because it's called having an opinion. We mightn't agree, but that doesn't make me wrong for thinking differently to you.

From Marina's Bid TV Profile:

Marina then went on to study English Literature, Graphics Design, Theatre/Drama, and Media at A Level but it was her singing talents that led her to have a solo track on the most recent James Bond album "Totally James Bond...The essential Themes" released in June 2004. She has also recorded many voiceovers and "jingles" for BBC Radio 2 for Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs and BBC 3CR.

As for presenting, Marina has worked on radio shows for the BBC for about 3 years, having co-presented alongside Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis
Don't doubt the accuracy of any of the above, but bear in mind that a Bid TV presenter profile could theoretically be just as accurate as Wikipedia, i.e. not very, as in the case of *cough* Peter Simon *cough*...

hi im new here gemma smallpage is full of herself i cannot stand her, ill reckon she be back with becque again.LEave him alone smallpage.

Welcome Adam. Do you think she's after Paul Becque? :tongue:

Courtesy of Marina's Star Now profile:

At the age of 15 I began to write and record voiceovers and jingles for various BBC radio stations, including some for Steve Wright’s Sunday Love Songs on BBC Radio 2. My jingles are still played out on this radio show to this day.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/marinaberry

I think it is you who needs to get their facts straight :tongue:

Latest posts

Back