Masterclass by Ingrid????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is it about "celebrities" having to dish out advice to us on what we've previously managed to do in our lives without any difficulty? Regardless of intelligence level everyone has a basic grasp of what to pack for their holidays. Going somewhere hot - avoid packing jumpers. Going somewhere cold - consider packing jumpers.

Gees.
And the same celebs who if they have "forgotten" something can whip out the credit card at some exclusive boutique and then pay for the excess baggage on the way home.

I get annoyed at all these so called experts on packing who say "just buy it there" which means you spend half your holiday trailing around to find a brand you recognise. Or the famous capsule wardrobe which has you wearing the same thing several times. Ok as long as you haven't sat in a grubby sweaty train for hours or god forbid spilt something.

I know that I don't get out much...........but I have never, ever seen any clothes on sale or being worn in such a crinkled condition. The 'king's new clothes' always springs to mind when I see them on QVC. They just look like an un-made bed to me. I know that I am old but I am not stupid and it all seems to be a bit of a con to suggest that these clothes are the 'in thing' to have. The price is astronomical for such tat - in my opinion - I am amazed that people could be so gullible........................sorry for the rant but I feel so much better now that I have got it off my chest.

I know that I don't get out much...........but I have never, ever seen any clothes on sale or being worn in such a crinkled condition. The 'king's new clothes' always springs to mind when I see them on QVC. They just look like an un-made bed to me. I know that I am old but I am not stupid and it all seems to be a bit of a con to suggest that these clothes are the 'in thing' to have. The price is astronomical for such tat - in my opinion - I am amazed that people could be so gullible........................sorry for the rant but I feel so much better now that I have got it off my chest.

I think they are extremely crumpled too, poppy. Some of the range is in "normal" fabric but some of them are seriously over-distressed and over-priced IMHO. Of course we all know they can't be the latest in thing or they wouldn't be on Q.......
:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

Another thing that is quite annoying is the fact that Q are quite happy to let everyone think that there is a designer named Yong Kim ..its so wrong being led up the garden path!!

Ok I call BS on the whole Yong Kim debacle Yong Kim isn't a talented designer with social phobia it's a brand so please stop spouting such rubbish ingrid and stop embarassing yourself comb your hair while you're at it. We are not stupid even if some viewers do buy the clothes don't insult them with rubbish which is blatantly untrue.

Another thing that is quite annoying is the fact that Q are quite happy to let everyone think that there is a designer named Yong Kim ..its so wrong being led up the garden path!!

OMG, seriously?? I thought they referred to YK as she and her!!!! what is going on?? It is like calling Molton Brown a bloke then, is it??

Crikey don`t say that on Q`s facebook page or the YK protection group will lynch mob you lol

I don't understand this, are you 100% sure it's not true, why would they blatantly Lie about it, what would be the point :mysmilie_854:

I had to laugh when, on last nights show with DF they suggested using the crinkle look clothes as £90+pyjama tops if you don't like the look enough to go out in public wearingthe clothes. I suggest saving money and not buying something you don't like. Ingrid's outfit was awful last night but I don't think she's a horrible person,she has poor dress sense & has drunk the Yong Kim 'Kool aid' and Is a complete disciple

Because of my size, I can wear girls' pyjamas, at a cost of under £10!

Maybe there is a designer at Comfy whatever it's called called Yong Kim? It wouldn't have mattered if there is or isn't such a person but we've now been told that there is, so to scotch any more rumours, Q needs to tell us more about the designer (as they do about all the other brands) or get him or her to appear in person.

I don't like YK fashion, either, nor do I like the silly prices they're charging. Emperor's new clothes does spring to mind, you're right.

Ok I call BS on the whole Yong Kim debacle Yong Kim isn't a talented designer with social phobia it's a brand so please stop spouting such rubbish ingrid and stop embarassing yourself comb your hair while you're at it. We are not stupid even if some viewers do buy the clothes don't insult them with rubbish which is blatantly untrue.

Not that I care about whether there is a designer or not but what are you basing this on?

What are you basing this on?

On a show some while back Ingrid said that she had met YK and that she was a real person, the designer behind the clothes and went on to say a bit about her.??

Let's face it, she's so ditzy that she probably met any random Chinese person and assumed...

why would they say it was a trade mark if it was a person I wouldn`t like to be referred to as that if I was a designer

http://www.trademarkia.com/yong-kim-85804795.html

Isn`t this basis enough ..hope the link works... thanks to Brissles for the info

If that is all this conjecture is based on its very weak I'm afraid. If anyone is on Facebook it might be interesting to post something about Yong Kim if people are positive she is made up by Q but a basic trademark info is not proof.

I hope this link works

http://www.examiner.com/article/designer-series-fashion-creative-educator-young-kim-profile

I'm a fan of conspiracy theories but you need real proof to make it exciting I'm afraid!!

Browsing on the internet during 2012, I came across the same reference to Young Kim, and for several months laboured under the impression that Young Kim and Yong Kim were one and the same; the description fitted that given by Ingrid during her presentations. I suspect that Ingrid’s knowledge of Yong Kim was limited to this article.

However, early last year when I was looking at clothing on Ebay, I came across a Comfy USA dress that appeared to be very similar to one made by Yong Kim. In the seller’s description of the dress, the seller highlighted the fact that the Comfy range was sold in the UK under the name of Yong Kim.

I set about tracking down Comfy USA, using Dun & Bradstreet and similar companies. Reportedly there is a company called Comfy USA Apparel Inc in Sylmar, LA California. The company is a small – having fewer than eleven employees – privately-held and operates primarily in the women’s clothing sector.

The president of the company is one Richard Kim and his vice president is one Yong Kim. A couple in their early/ mid 50s called Richard Kim and a Yong Kim are listed elsewhere as residing in a rather upmarket area of LA.

I believe that, subsequently, Ingrid has described YK as being married, and in her early 50s. Whether this is ‘our’ YK, I cannot say; the name ‘Kim’ is one of the most common Korean family names - common in the sense of frequently occurring, as opposed, say, to a description of Maisie from the Market (aka Del Boy Flint).

Unlike many of the posters here, I like - and wear - Yong Kim’s clothes. I do, however, concede that her range is overpriced, and, in consequence, tend to buy elsewhere.

I, too, get extremely annoyed by Ingrid’s ignorance and attitude, and have complained several times to QVC managers, both orally and in writing. In my opinion, her failure to brief herself before a show reflects a totally unprofessional and extremely dismissive attitude towards QVC’s customers. Polyester, Ingrid, is not and never has been a natural product. YK clothes can and do pill - notwithstanding hand-washing with special cashmere wash. When a T caller put this to Ingrid, she promised that, after speaking with YK, she, Ingrid, would get back to us on her next visit. She never did.

In my opinion, Ingrid can look good in YK’s clothes, but too often she goes over the top. I suspect that she rushes to the studio, glances at the clothes on the rail, throws on several and rushes onto the set: dismissive and unprofessional.

Surely it is not too much to expect from Ingrid that she email YK in advance of shows, and ask YK to provide details of the items to be shown, including colours and fabric composition. Ingrid would thus be in a position to describe –accurately – the clothes to the viewers.

I tend to watch YK shows just to see what's new; if I like anything, I make a note and buy elsewhere. Jay

Latest posts

Back