Memory Foam Topper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Emma 1

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone

A couple of weeks ago I asked for your opinion on feather beds or memory foam. There was a range of different opinions but most of you preferred the memory foam. Well I bit the bullet and got a Memory foam topper. I did order it from QVC as I thought with their 30day money back guarantee I could send it back if it wasn't comfortable. Well it arrived on Monday so put it on the bed that night and boy do I love it. It is so comfortable I just want to stay in bed all day. So thank you all for your advice. I for one won't be sending this great item back. So for any of you still thinking about buying one. Go for it, it's great.

Emma

Glad you love it Emma. I wouldn't be without mine now. In fact there's one on every bed in the house!

We started with a topper then went on to a full meemory foam matress, just a cheap one It is probabaly the best thing we have ever bought ,so comfortable I dont want to get out of bed . Glad you love yours

Glad you like it Emma !, I knew you would....I love getting into my bed on a cold night after a nice long bath, clean fluffy sheets and sinking into the memory foam :clapping::flower::up2:, my idea of heaven !.

I bought a whole new bed a few weeks ago, complete with memory foam mattress as i thought it would be good for my back. It arrived a week passed on monday and i must admit Iam struggling with it, although it is quite comfortable Im not sleeping as good as i have been.

Im really hoping I get used to it, it is a bit firmer than im used too lol

I bought a whole new bed a few weeks ago, complete with memory foam mattress as i thought it would be good for my back. It arrived a week passed on monday and i must admit Iam struggling with it, although it is quite comfortable Im not sleeping as good as i have been.

Why don't you get another foam topper, maybe a cheaper one?

thanks for this thread, I have been in the "memory foam v feather" dilemma for a while and have now been convinced that memory foam is the way forward. One of my friends told me that it took her about a week to get used to her memory foam mattress and then she couldn't imagine how she's coped without it.

May I ask all you memory foam topper owners a question please? Is it normal for memory foam to be quite "whiffy" when it is new. I heard that you should air it for a couple of days and the smell should dissipate. Is this always the case?

I found that ours not exactly softened with use but moulded to the body faster with use..it took about 4 weeks

So pleased you are happy with your topper Emma, especially after all our recommendations on here.
We have a mattress with an integral memory foam top layer in our guest room and it is the most comfortable bed in the house, it wasn't cheap but was worth every penny. When I need to replace any of the other mattresses I'll be buying the same one, but in the meantime will make do with the memory foam toppers on all the other beds. Heaven!

Janm

Mine was the Science of Sleep cooler Polar foam. The coolest breathable memory foam ever. Maximized air-flow construction promotes cool comfort. Provides maximum support and comfort. That is what it says on the label, and its just about right. Its the one thats shaped like an egg box. I do get very hot in bed at night so was a bit aprehensive about foam but have no problems so far. It really is as good as it says. Item no 892800. Hope this helps.

Emma

Janm

Mine was the Science of Sleep cooler Polar foam. The coolest breathable memory foam ever. Maximized air-flow construction promotes cool comfort. Provides maximum support and comfort. That is what it says on the label, and its just about right. Its the one thats shaped like an egg box. I do get very hot in bed at night so was a bit aprehensive about foam but have no problems so far. It really is as good as it says. Item no 892800. Hope this helps.

Emma

Thanks Emma, your thread prempted mine - I have a NN downtopper feather bed and am thinking about changing to a memory foam so am really greatful that all my questions have been answered! I am really grateful, thanks again. Jan

I got the same one as you,Emma and also bought a cheap 2inch memory foam topper from ebay to put underneath (I lost a lot of weight when in hospital in May and needed a little extra depth to cushion me old bones lol!) It took about a week for me to love it but now I wouldn't be without-went away for a few days last week,and boy did I miss that memory foam! My feather bed has been relegated to the spair room now but I can't see me ever going back to it.

Latest posts

Back