Michele Hope!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I feel like I must stick up for Michelle and Ali. Who cares if they are too tanned and wrinkled. I don't like Michelle's clothes but I don't have to wear them .They look foolish some times but that's up to them. At least they are looking like they enjoy what they are doing.

I have always believed in less is more and especially as I get older. What I have noticed about getting older when I am out and about is how people treat me as though I don't have a brain cell left in my head.

No wonder some resort to over the top make up and clothes to try to appear youthful.

Julius. I must agree too. I saw a lovely mock leather jacket with fringes on Booho and had to restrain myself from buying it as I imagine that it is just inappropriate for my age. Definitely worth of your better comments!

On a channel that sells predominantly beauty products, it's the fact that you have the likes of AY telling you how amazing this concealer is, it does everything bar make a cup of tea, but will stand there having not used it with dark circles under her eyes, or tell you how amazing an £80 tub of Philip Kinglsley is and what wonders it does for your hair, whilst wearing a wig. It's the perma tans that are a big problem too, you can tell the tans are real while instilling the virtues of safe tanning and SPF whilst standing there burnt to a crisp.

Thanks for a good laugh, Julius - the images conjured up by some of the posts fellow forumites put on here continue to make me go into fits of laughter! Clever you to have written the article anyway, Julius - I'd ask why they went back on their word, but you may have instructed your legal representatives by now and can't say anything further!! I LOVE IT when the presenter is plainly horrified by what they've got to sell and frantically searching their brain cells for something........ anything...... to say. The look on their face is golden.

I do wonder who buys her naff old clothes?! They all look like something you'd see advertised in "My Weekly" magazine, who never paid me the £280 for an article I wrote for them. That's one for the Small Claims Court.... I noticed they had Marverine desperately trying to feign some interest in some cheap old slacks, and that model, Tiffany, she was sporting some of Barbie's latest little nylon numbers. There she was, gurning away with her fixed leer akin to a Galapagos tortoise on the brink of death!

First law of credibility is to practise what you preach, as far as you possibly can. Pity Q haven't realised that. Another reason why I don't buy from them anymore and rarely watch a promotion all the way through..

On a channel that sells predominantly beauty products, it's the fact that you have the likes of AY telling you how amazing this concealer is, it does everything bar make a cup of tea, but will stand there having not used it with dark circles under her eyes, or tell you how amazing an £80 tub of Philip Kinglsley is and what wonders it does for your hair, whilst wearing a wig. It's the perma tans that are a big problem too, you can tell the tans are real while instilling the virtues of safe tanning and SPF whilst standing there burnt to a crisp.

First law of credibility is to practise what you preach, as far as you possibly can. Pity Q haven't realised that. Another reason why I don't buy from them anymore and rarely watch a promotion all the way through..

Totally agree H, look up hypocrisy in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of QVC right next to it.

Julius. I must agree too. I saw a lovely mock leather jacket with fringes on Booho and had to restrain myself from buying it as I imagine that it is just inappropriate for my age. Definitely worth of your better comments!

The jacket in itself would not be inappropriate it would be the Bonnie Tyler look (clothes too tight, make up too shiny, and hair way too much) to go with it which would be the problem.

I say go for it girl! just wear it with plain jeans and a T shirt (dont forget the little pump) and your normal hair and make up. (do I sound like Glen).

You are a long time dead and as long as you are selective and in good taste (of course how could we forumites be anything but) then stuff everyone else!

"When I am old I shall wear (purple) a Boho fringed jacket" should be our motto.

Latest posts

Back