N V Perricone TSV 28th January 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The beauty and cosmetics industry is based on our insecurities and our desire to look the best that we can. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but the way the industry markets products is by trying to sell the impossible – everlasting youth and beauty. It’s unattainable. We’d do better focussing on a healthy diet and exercise because these things improve confidence and appearance. I've worked with people who aren't conventionally 'attractive' or youthful looking but whose confidence really draws others to them and makes them a more 'attractive' person. We would probably feel much happier about ourselves and how we look if we ate more fruit and veg, drank more water and exercised every day rather than slapping on large amounts of over-priced concoctions of ingredients and creams. We buy so many beauty products (expensive or otherwise) because we like to believe that it’s as easy as slapping on a cream, and we convince ourselves that it might just work and is therefore worth a go. Eating well and exercising every day are much harder work...and I'm one of the biggest culprits of not doing it...

I don't think anyone is criticising anyone else for using whatever they like and spending whatever they like. If using a product works for one person and it makes them happy that's fantastic. However, not all products, or most products, will deliver anywhere near the results that we are told we will get. But most of us will still keep trying them...just incase.

Last edited:
The beauty and cosmetics industry is based on our insecurities and our desire to look the best that we can. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but the way the industry markets products is by trying to sell the impossible – everlasting youth and beauty. It’s unattainable. We’d do better focussing on a healthy diet and exercise because these things improve confidence and appearance. I've worked with people who aren't conventionally 'attractive' or youthful looking but whose confidence really draws others to them and makes them a more 'attractive' person. We would probably feel much happier about ourselves and how we look if we ate more fruit and veg, drank more water and exercised every day rather than slapping on large amounts of over-priced concoctions of ingredients and creams. We buy so many beauty products (expensive or otherwise) because we like to believe that it’s as easy as slapping on a cream, and we convince ourselves that it might just work and is therefore worth a go. Eating well and exercising every day are much harder work...and I'm one of the biggest culprits of not doing it...

I don't think anyone is criticising anyone else for using whatever they like and spending whatever they like. If using a product works for one person and it makes them happy that's fantastic. However, not all products, or most products, will deliver anywhere near the results that we are told we will get. But most of us will still keep trying them...just incase.

I absolutely agree - diet and moderate exercise is key. You can't smoke 20 a day, buy a £200 cream, and expect to look youthful.

I don't think it's a bad thing that the beauty and fitness industry puts a certain amount of pressure on us to take care of our selves though, whether that is through exercising, or styling our hair etc. Most women are mentally sound enough not to feel unsecure by seeing models dolled up in adverts, and actually a bit of make-up makes most of us feel more confident about ourselves in a positive way. Plus I like that women are now able to spend money on treating themselves to a bit of pampering products without feeling guilty or vain.

More to the point though, I want to know how much this TSV is as I like his stuff (apart from the lip plumper!). If it's around the £100 mark + P&P that would be very tempting for 4 products. The last TSV was £129 and the value of the products in that kit was far higher than this one.

More to the point though, I want to know how much this TSV is as I like his stuff (apart from the lip plumper!). If it's around the £100 mark + P&P that would be very tempting for 4 products. The last TSV was £129 and the value of the products in that kit was far higher than this one.

I think it will be round about £100. One of the products is £99 so they will probably go on about how you get the other 3 products for £1.

before & after.jpg

I want a cream that can do this!

No .... didn't think so
Not even in Dr Perricone's world, or Judith's or.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...toshop-Adob--spoof-commercial-goes-viral.html

I got a postcard about this TSV today, why I do not know as I have never bought any Perricone products from QVC or anywhere else for that matter, anyway it says TSV has a full size of the no foundation foundation in it.

totally agree with your post but the drinking water is another big controversy in the cosmetic industry.
Also just want to add that I agree nobody should be criticized for buying/using whatever they want, but and this is a big BUT, sadly the info is not always easy to find, and not everyone has the knowledge to actually realize that some ingredients are simply pointless/counterproductive/provide immediate benefits which will be counterproductive in the long run or totally useless OR that you can get the same effect with another product for a fraction of the price

Latest posts

Back