Nikki Gewirtz - New Company

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
Nikki Gewirtz i of Lola Rose has set up a new company called Nikki and Me.

Spooky!
I just popped on here having received an email from Lola Rose this evening (not sure how I got on their mailing list!) and wondered if anyone else had had the sameone?
Looks as if Sazza beat me to it though! ;)
I will paste the full statement in next post - be warned, though, to me it’s very icky! (“you're one of a kind and deserve it babe”?!)

Will also paste link to the (excruciatingly saccharine!) video too just in case anyone can’t see the Instagram link (shouldn’t be a problem but occasionally it doesn’t work...)

The gist seems to be that’s she’s sold Lola Rose but retains some shares/“interest” and has started this new company?

She says she loved being a start-up so she gets to do it again...

No idea if QVC will continue to stock Lola Rose - and where people like Anna will go? - and/or new Nikki and Me products?

From the description, I suspect they’re going to be higher end (aka more expensive...!)

Nikki’s statement in full:

“Nikki and Me

Celebrating everything that makes you,
you! Because you're one of a kind and deserve it babe.

Charmed to meet you

Nikki's passion for design started with quite a story.

It took her from making jewellery for her friends, to creating her first company: Lola Rose.

After 22 years, millions of gemstones, hours of QVC shows, and an MBE later, Lola Rose London will now become Lola Rose Global. Here, Nikki will still remain part of the Lola family, as they develop their own range of timeless watches and contemporary jewellery designs.

Time for her next adventure: Nikki and Me. Still all of the personality, fun and colour you’d expect from Nikki – now adorned with greater confidence, and shaped by more experience.

“I’m ready to speak to you as me, Nikki, who's learnt so much. When I first started, I never imagined I’d have the opportunity to design for so many fabulous women, and now I can’t picture doing anything else. In creating Nikki and Me I want to embody everything that you loved about Lola Rose, but with a fresh perspective and a more confident me!

Feel precious

Nikki and Me is here to bring a sparkle to your day that won’t go unnoticed. Pieces for you and your home that are beautifully designed, easy to love, and perfect as a gift. Every creation starts with a unique gemstone from our vast collection, making each one as individual as you. However you layer, stack or style it, express yourself and make every look your own.

When you purchase from Nikki and Me, it’ll be one of a kind, crafted with you in mind. A piece to treasure that you can share with your sisters, friends or daughters – but only if you can bear to part with it first.

“Every member of the Nikki and Me family is a gem. I can’t wait to go on this journey with you. You all mean the world to me.”
Love,

Nikki”

I think that too. Will be interesting to see. It's all a bit vague to me.
Yes I thought it was a bit odd - all very false in a way (not quite the right word but that’s the only one I can think of ATM!)

Find the glossy but sickly video and message rather disingenuous and corporate but trying to be the opposite...

And as you say hard to know what the new company is going to be/sell etc!

Hmmmmmmm whatabout Anna then ? Lots about Nikki and Me ( sounds a bit like the Meghan podcasts), but this little sentence got me wondering..........

"Nikki and Me is here to bring a sparkle to your day that won’t go unnoticed. Pieces for you and your home that are beautifully designed, easy to love, and perfect as a gift. "

Is she going down the Alison Cork route - pieces for your home !!! I know I sling my jewellery down any and everywhere, but I wouldn't say they are 'pieces for my home'.

Hmmmmmmm whatabout Anna then ? Lots about Nikki and Me ( sounds a bit like the Meghan podcasts), but this little sentence got me wondering..........

"Nikki and Me is here to bring a sparkle to your day that won’t go unnoticed. Pieces for you and your home that are beautifully designed, easy to love, and perfect as a gift. "

Is she going down the Alison Cork route - pieces for your home !!! I know I sling my jewellery down any and everywhere, but I wouldn't say they are 'pieces for my home'.
Yes that stuck out for me too - like Anna said above it’s all a bit vague - is this a homeware brand or the dreaded “lifestyle brand”!

To be fair, Lola Rose sold trinket boxes and trays and the like, although they were linked to the jewellery albeit loosely!

I found the statement a lot of slightly nauseating waffle which also managed to say nothing!

But be interesting to follow and see where it all goes!

I've noticed, aside from the multitude of Lola Rose pieces in clearance, that eBay has LR items on sale for much cheaper than usual. I've always marvelled at the price of second hand LR on the site, some sellers are so greedy, but the prices are definitely going down. The recent LR sale reflected that there is not that much appeal for her products. The prices were down to 70% off and even a desperate two for one offer. It seems Nikki is moving away from the big chunky bright necklaces and the glittery letters of old towards more costly finer jewellery.

Yes, perhaps there have been a lot of complaints of colour change - not by just us on here. Makes you think if since she started the company she has gone "cheap" with stones that are poorer quality but still give the profit ! In the end I suppose there are only so many combinations of heart and star designs you can come up with.

And her 'waffle statement saying 'nothing' is definitely from the school of Meghan ! 🤭

I fell out of love with Lola Rose some time ago when it became clear the newer pieces were nowhere near the same quality of some of the original bracelets I have. I could not understand why they would use dyed stones except profit of course. I do have some really big rings which have sterling silver shanks and hefty stones, I do wonder what these would cost now. I don't wear any of them now as I feel their whole style is very dated.

If I were going to start a business now, the last thing I'd be doing would be high end jewellery. Ordinary buyers won't afford it or go places to wear it. No one wears diamonds to hoover the lounge (engagement rings excepted). If she's going down the home route will it be more made in China offerings like Alison Cork and Julien Mc?

I won't be buying anyway. I don't need more clutter in my life. When I was digging away in my "why did I buy this crap" cupboard I found quite a few pieces of Partylite candles (remember them?) and Jamie at home things. To be fair to Jamie Oliver, those items were good quality and have been transferred to the "use one day" section of the kitchen. Pestle and mortar anyone lol?

CC

Latest posts

Back