No more Leighton Denny...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is a rumour that every year the really posh people e.g. Eton. Harrow etc, choose a name for any children born that year.

Then, in 20 or so years, they can recognise other posh people if their names are right for their age.

Obviously, the "plebs" eventually discover the names, and use them for their children.

But they will never be mistaken by the posh set because the names won't correspond with their ages.

Has anyone else heard this? I wonder if it's true.

That's if they don't recognise the £5000 suits as David Cameron allegedly wears (I won't even mention his successor's £1000 leather trousers). Oops, I just did.

I used to work with a Yorkshireman whose middle name was Blewitt, which he said was his mother's maiden name. It was a family tradition

Its currently very fashionable to have a 'surname' as a first name. There are loads of Mackenzies, Connors, Pages, Taylors, Baileys, etc where I live. Cant say I'm a fan of it but like most things its a fashion that will fade and come around again. I think a good bench mark for sophistication are the names used by royalty; would they ever choose Chardonaaaay, Jayden, Jaxon etc ? um, no. A study a few years ago indicated that names like Elizabeth, Edward, Henry, Sara will help them in the workplace. - I tend to agree.

I used to work with a Yorkshireman whose middle name was Blewitt, which he said was his mother's maiden name. It was a family tradition

It was also happened where a baby was born out of wedlock; my Yorkshire grandpa had his mothers maiden name and later the father's name was added when they got married; his mother was 14 when he was born, the father considerably older. We can see on the census that they lied about her age, making her seem older than she was; and at 18 (not 25) she had 3 kids under 5. Must have been a tough life.

I always enjoyed watching Leighton's shows as he was passionate about his products, loved feedback from his customers & could knock even the most egotistical presenters off their pedestals! I loved his humour & his face when he clearly wasn't happy.
I remember Chloe once asking him if she could keep a hoof stick & he glared at her & shook his head as if to say "you cheap skate"
The best moment ever though was when he was demonstrating a hand cream (I think) & he said that Nina used it for when she did "her hand jobs"... hilarious!

When I was googling to see if LD still owns the company, I came across an article about him buying a former car dealership which he then demolished to build his dream home ... in Chiswick. The article was dated Feb 2015 so presumably he built this house while he was still very much a regular on QVC - bet he regrets the proximity now!

Its currently very fashionable to have a 'surname' as a first name. There are loads of Mackenzies, Connors, Pages, Taylors, Baileys, etc where I live. Cant say I'm a fan of it but like most things its a fashion that will fade and come around again. I think a good bench mark for sophistication are the names used by royalty; would they ever choose Chardonaaaay, Jayden, Jaxon etc ? um, no. A study a few years ago indicated that names like Elizabeth, Edward, Henry, Sara will help them in the workplace. - I tend to agree.

Speaking of names, I wonder whether Alison Keenan's son and daughter-in-law regret the name they gave their baby if they caught any X Factor shows this year?

B6BdnZ1A_400x400.jpg

He certainly gave some presenters a glare and didn't take any crap! Also remember when he was told to hurry up and he hated that and told powers at be on camera!
Putting that a side, his products are fantastic!

I loved how he always made sure the camera was focused on the colours being painted on the nails - he would just wait till the camera went were he wanted it, and then begin putting the colours on. Quite often in OPI and Nail Inc shows you sometimes only get a glimpse of the colours, in between all the chattering and twitting. I do miss him.

H to the O to the to the N to the E to the Y to the B it's Honey Bea!! I think Ali K will find it funny cos he does have a wicked sense of humour.

Leighton Denny was so professional, very focused on ensuring his products were properly represented... yet still able to banter, still able to keep presumptuous presenters in line, and to reach out to the viewing public.

Nowadays, one of the reasons the presenters are so often obnoxious is because the guests seem too cowed to call them out on their inattention and unprofessionalism.

Leighton, like Kim, manages to be all business, with thorough product knowledge... didn't let digressions by presenters derail him from what he was there for... No time for the silly tall tales about my friends/my mum... blah blah.

I used to absolutely love Leighton and Nina and miss them both. I can't get on with that shark teeth OPI woman.

From Facebook:

"Leighton Denny MBE
22 mins ago
ANNOUNCEMENT
Back in 2015 the Leighton Denny Expert Nails (LDEN) brand's 10-year anniversary was a milestone that made me realise it was time to start a new chapter. It's a great company, but I'm now ready for a complete change. I was at the helm of the brand for ten years and then served as a part time creative consultant for the last 18 months. I created the company from scratch, and I care deeply about its future. I leave knowing LDEN is with a qualified team and one of the strongest range of products in the nail industry. I could not be more proud of the company’s product range and what it currently stands for. In leaving, my goal is to allow the team at LDEN a clean start from S/S 2017. I’m extremely honoured to have founded and led this company and proud to have worked with all the great people along the way.
To be clear, I have not sold the LDEN brand, I'm still the major shareholder and remain a director of Leighton Denny Ltd the company that owns the LDEN trademark but the rights to the LDEN trademark are licensed by Richards & Appleby Ltd, who now have full control of the range, formulae and all products in development moving forward.
Most of all, I feel lucky to have had this opportunity and I will always be eternally grateful to all my customers who have continued give me amazing support throughout my career.
All the best,
Leighton Denny"

One of his biggest fans! True pro and his perfect products live up to his professionalism.
Quite saddened that he's not on QVC anymore! Have bought lots of his Kits and never ever been disappointed with them! Come back LD!!!!! :mysmilie_1:

Latest posts

Back