Normal service resumes Friday….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I realise everyone is entitled to voice their opinion and we aren't all going to like the same presenters. However, I find the comments aimed at these two women very uncomfortable viewing. I know some of the older cohort have had horrible comments too but I can't help feeling they are that much older and will be somewhat more experienced and hardened to it.

I realise everyone is entitled to voice their opinion and we aren't all going to like the same presenters. However, I find the comments aimed at these two women very uncomfortable viewing. I know some of the older cohort have had horrible comments too but I can't help feeling they are that much older and will be somewhat more experienced and hardened to it.
I have read the comments back on this thread and I am sorry you find some of them uncomfortable. All I can I read into them is that people find them both noisy and dont enjoy their antics.

I havent seen alot of QVC over the last six months as I have been ill so wasnt watching when they joined. I have to say that I personally cannot watch them because I prefer the likes of Alison Keenan and the more quieter presenters than someone shouting and dancing about. As you say we all have different opinions but I wonder what comments make you feel uncomfortable.

Puffin48, I am not going to pick out particular comments and cause anyone to feel defensive or aggrieved. I agree Alison is a very easy, professional presenter to watch with a nice manner. But there are plenty of others that I find more unwatchable than the two newbies. Presenters put themselves out there so they are all fair game up to a point. We can all have a laugh about the excesses and ridiculousness that goes on and the clothes they wear. However, I find some of the tone towards these two rather more cruel at times and not justified.

Puffin48, I am not going to pick out particular comments and cause anyone to feel defensive or aggrieved. I agree Alison is a very easy, professional presenter to watch with a nice manner. But there are plenty of others that I find more unwatchable than the two newbies. Presenters put themselves out there so they are all fair game up to a point. We can all have a laugh about the excesses and ridiculousness that goes on and the clothes they wear. However, I find some of the tone towards these two rather more cruel at times and not justified.
I agree, there are a few others that I really dont like watching. I know I made a bit of a joke about them but it wasnt meant to offend. I just feel that QVC might lose business if buyers are put off by the presenter but they probably dont mind. I saw one of them on with Richard Jackson a few weeks ago and she was dancing about like a fool and with him growling like he does, I switched it off.

There are some jobs that some people just aren't suited for, and I'm not alone in having a job or two in my career path where I felt like a square peg in a round hole. WELL, I make no apologies in saying that certainly Annaliese is not the right 'fit' for selling anything to anyone over the age of 12, and definitely not the poly/elastene audience of QVC ! Maybe the PTB have given the 'pair' time off to reflect on their options.

There are some jobs that some people just aren't suited for, and I'm not alone in having a job or two in my career path where I felt like a square peg in a round hole. WELL, I make no apologies in saying that certainly Annaliese is not the right 'fit' for selling anything to anyone over the age of 12, and definitely not the poly/elastene audience of QVC ! Maybe the PTB have given the 'pair' time off to reflect on their options.
Hope so

Since they are in my face and trying to get me to part with my hard earned cash I feel totally justified in saying just how awful they are, and indeed would say it to their face.

Ali K annoys me with her Gatling gun presentation and bliddy wedding /grandchild but I will put up with her because she is always well turned out and when not glued to the iPad will describe the product. Most of the rest aren’t great but watchable if necessary but I wouldn’t even put the 2 in question on mute they are so bad. Something wrong if someone with a healthy budget to spend won’t even turn them on to do the job they are paid to do ….sell.

I can't imagine any of the younger presenters are really into the poly/elastane look although it's amazing what you can become fond of when it's free. I like fashion to be aspirational so I am more drawn to something that looks good on a 20-something size 10 model even if I know it won't look like that on me. If I had seen myself modelling my clothes I doubt I would ever have bought them! While O and A are clearly lacking fans on this thread they must be getting the sales figures somehow as I doubt QVC runs as a charity.

If I ever buy anything from QVC, it has nothing to do with the presenter or what they’re telling us to do. I buy it because I like it, although I can often source the product more cheaply elsewhere and so I do that.

There are some presenters that I don’t like watching though so that saves me money. 👍

I can't imagine any of the younger presenters are really into the poly/elastane look although it's amazing what you can become fond of when it's free. I like fashion to be aspirational so I am more drawn to something that looks good on a 20-something size 10 model even if I know it won't look like that on me. If I had seen myself modelling my clothes I doubt I would ever have bought them! While O and A are clearly lacking fans on this thread they must be getting the sales figures somehow as I doubt QVC runs as a charity.
😂 😂 😂 I know THAT feeling. I feel comfortable in everything I wear outside the front door, but there is other 'stuff' that only the dog sees me wear which eventually see the inside of the charity bag.

Perhaps they're on a rolling contract.

The girls have made some of you elderly white women very uncomfortable and that makes me happy.

Surely you can’t be that thick and naive to think that Casablanca (I don’t know which Casablanca you are referring to because it’s amazing) represents the whole of this rich beautiful breathtaking Continent.

It’s like saying Putin a merciless, shameless small pea of a malignant narcissistic authoritarian dictator is a representation of all European leaders. What an ignorant sweeping statement to make!

Im glad the girls (who are going nowhere btw) have brought you out from the dark belly of hatred and unkindness. You are unpleasant odious and deplorable - brissles

I have read the comments back on this thread and I am sorry you find some of them uncomfortable. All I can I read into them is that people find them both noisy and dont enjoy their antics.

I havent seen alot of QVC over the last six months as I have been ill so wasnt watching when they joined. I have to say that I personally cannot watch them because I prefer the likes of Alison Keenan and the more quieter presenters than someone shouting and dancing about. As you say we all have different opinions but I wonder what comments make you feel uncomfortable.
Many white people, even well-meaning people, think that equality means Black people have to improve.

Thank you Bunnytown for your comment. I think it was Einstein who said “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything’. Thanks for speaking up 🙏🏾

I went to Africa...... once - it was a day trip to Casablanca on my cruise itinerary. It was a toilet - and that's being polite. So have no desire to go to that Continent again.
How dare you describe Africa as a toilet! What an offensive insult!!!

The girls have made some of you elderly white women very uncomfortable and that makes me happy.

Surely you can’t be that thick and naive to think that Casablanca (I don’t know which Casablanca you are referring to because it’s amazing) represents the whole of this rich beautiful breathtaking Continent.

It’s like saying Putin a merciless, shameless small pea of a malignant narcissistic authoritarian dictator is a representation of all European leaders. What an ignorant sweeping statement to make!

Im glad the girls (who are going nowhere btw) have brought you out from the dark belly of hatred and unkindness. You are unpleasant odious and deplorable - brissles

Many white people, even well-meaning people, think that equality means Black people have to improve.

Thank you Bunnytown for your comment. I think it was Einstein who said “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything’. Thanks for speaking up 🙏🏾

How dare you describe Africa as a toilet! What an offensive insult!!!
You make generalisations about what white people think. How do you know?
I was born and still live in the East end. I’ve grown up with a mixed community. The vast majority of my sons friends are black.
I will say in the early days of them coming to the house I used to think they were arguing. But it was just their exuberant way of conversing as opposed to my reserved way.

It’s something I’ve become used to.

As I said I’m more concerned that the presenters concentrate on the item they are selling,

I can’t begin to understand the daily racism people experience but it goes on.

Am I alone in being surprised that Annelise and Ophelia are being lumped together as a unit for criticism?
I find their presenting styles very different from each other.
I'm with Bunnytown, they're young people finding their feet in a new job. I have no doubt that I did some eyebrow raising stuff early in my career, which admittedly wasn't under the telly spotlight but was public facing - and I'm so grateful that people were kind to me then.

"you are unpleasant odious and deplorable - brissles" / "elderly white women" / "How dare you describe Africa as a toilet!"

Hmmm I think out of all those adjectives you succinctly put in your raging outburst, its being referred to as "elderly" that I'm a bit cross about. Never mind, lets hope you've calmed down now, but as it happens I didn't refer to Africa as a toilet, it was Casablanca - and I still wouldn't return.

Thanks Sazza. I'm certainly not going to waste any more time on this.

I’m sorry but if I “found my feet” in my job in this manner I would have been given my P45 pronto.

Personally I think Jackie K is as bad so I don’t think there will be any improvement as the standards accepted by Q are woeful and wouldn’t happen in real life jobs.

Latest posts

Back