Nothing Changes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

a) Peridot is often treated. Really? Are you sure?
I don't recall EVER seeing treated Peridot. It can't be heat treated because Peridot is sensitive to extreme heat (which means the same would apply to irradiation and diffusion).

Therefore it would only be limited to surface treatments - such as coating or oiling, and both of those would be pointless, so whilst they could be done, I doubt very much that they would be done "often".

But the presenters don't tell lies remember. Jess Foley said so.

Who on earth is buying these things?

GettyImages533837393-c716e0cf-0155-450e-9cad-f2c9e5758967.jpg

I saw a diamond ring earlier that she was flogging. It looked like a pink diamond in the weird lighting they were using. I was going to watch more but I couldn’t last more than 30 seconds watching her.

Here's a sample of my crappy jewellery, with the bracelet being an ex-Gem Auras stretchy.Ignore the size, it's the first time I've posted photos ;)
I didn't mean to sound as if I was sneering. Yours look lovely, individual and have nice size beads (not poorly strung chips and Chinese freshwater pearls). I have a few beaded "stretchies" too. Great to pop on with short sleeves or when it's too hot to wear a watch.
20240601_051933.jpg

- Obsidian, Labradorite & Pietersite
- Prehnite, Moss Agate & Garnet

Absolutely.
I know who you are. You're Jess in disguise ;)

I didn't mean to sound as if I was sneering. Yours look lovely, individual and have nice size beads (not poorly strung chips and Chinese freshwater pearls). I have a few beaded "stretchies" too. Great to pop on with short sleeves or when it's too hot to wear a watch.
View attachment 28733
- Obsidian, Labradorite & Pietersite
- Prehnite, Moss Agate & Garnet
Thanks. I didn't even think in the remotest you were being rude, or otherwise. From memory. All the stones with the Amethyst heart are JM. The heart I bought from a charity shop. The second (stones) is all moldavite from JM, with the exception of the 'pendant' bit, which I bought years ago. And your bracelets are a nice mix of stones :)

Talking of nothing changing, last night I saw Hattie, I think, speak for awhile about grey diamonds and had pictures up about it. It was only when I put my glasses on that I could see that she was actually selling grey spinel. She even said that people will be looking for grey gems due to the popularity of grey diamonds lol. They always compare the gem that they’re selling against a more expensive one too.

One thing has changed quite recently...an embargo on any "wheel hours" except at the start of the day at 7am.

Why would that be? Has it been applied to the Jeff weekend hours too?

Always. If these zircon were diamonds and this....... was ....... AND set in platinum and not silver it would be worth........
But don't forget, they are not direct comparisons....that's why they keep waving the descriptions very quickly in front of the viewers, that's why it's so quick and so indistinct that the viewers can't read the small print telling you the differences and other relevant information, etc. :ROFLMAO: They do a good job of seeming to treat viewers as though they are completely daft, but hey, let's carry on comparing apples with pears.

I can’t believe that Toby is using his chemo treatment and feeling nauseous afterwards to shill his products.He’s categorically stating that the product helped him with everything. They shouldn’t be allowed to use personal anecdotes to push products. Also scaremongering about how some other producers are taking shortcuts but not them of course.

I can’t believe that Toby is using his chemo treatment and feeling nauseous afterwards to shill his products.He’s categorically stating that the product helped him with everything. They shouldn’t be allowed to use personal anecdotes to push products. Also scaremongering about how some other producers are taking shortcuts but not them of course.
I suppose they use 'themselves' as the 'guinea pig' to say, it's that wonderful we use it. If they didn't, or more to the point, didn't think the customers would, no pun intended, 'buy it', they wouldn't even think of using themselves as an example.

This is why the old presenters that have left were far better.

Here's an example.

Years ago, Gemporia used to advise AGAINST using ultrasonic cleaners for cleaning jewellery - until they started selling them of course, then all of a sudden, the ultrasonic cleaner was the best thing since sliced bread.

I remember Rae Carpenter stating, very clearly on-air, that she had told the producers/directors NOT to put any ultrasonic cleaners in her shows because she did not believe in them and would not sell them.

Fair play to her for having some morals.

For years, the likes of Zena and Elena were hosting on The Lounge or Gems TV and waxing lyrical about Gemporia not selling brass, glass and synthetic diamonds. Then they moved to Jewellery Maker - where they've happily sold brass, glass and synthetic diamonds.............

Rachael Hatton and Mark Gould used to tell us how superior Gemporia's jewellery was compared to competitors like TJC - until they moved to TJC - and then they started telling us how superior TJC's jewellery was compared to other channels. Then Rachael Hatton moved back to Gemporia - and, surprise surprise, Gemporia's quality and prices are far better than rival channels again.

I wouldn't trust any of them to tell me the correct time.

Latest posts

Back