Nothing Changes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kit10

Registered Shopper
Haven’t watched or bought in ages, and thought I’d have a look. Nope, same old, same old. Jeff, who was my favourite presenter, appears to have no issue now with comparing a £6 million diamond with a £179.00 two row cluster ring. 1.38 grams of gold, no mention in the description box of the diamonds except that the carat weight was .53. I had to go on the web to confirm what I thought, G-H I3. Ice white diamonds, my a*se.

Haven’t watched or bought in ages, and thought I’d have a look. Nope, same old, same old. Jeff, who was my favourite presenter, appears to have no issue now with comparing a £6 million diamond with a £179.00 two row cluster ring. 1.38 grams of gold, no mention in the description box of the diamonds except that the carat weight was .53. I had to go on the web to confirm what I thought, G-H I3. Ice white diamonds, my a*se.
I think it has changed, but for the worse. They are now more repetitive, limited in their variety of gemstones and relying on heavily treated stones than ever. Also, now every stone they sell, however treated, is 'the rarest' and presenters seem to be competing much more to see who shouts and shrieks the loudest. The new presenter (I cannot remember her name) is the winner, in my opinion

I think it has changed, but for the worse. They are now more repetitive, limited in their variety of gemstones and relying on heavily treated stones than ever. Also, now every stone they sell, however treated, is 'the rarest' and presenters seem to be competing much more to see who shouts and shrieks the loudest. The new presenter (I cannot remember her name) is the winner, in my opinion
Josie?

She's another that is way out of her depth as a TV 'presenter'.

Yep, worse or the best is over and we're left with this sort of thing.

- Comparisons with Tiffany (again)
- Comparisons with anything that has Spinel, even Chanel luxury jewellery
- Airtime filled with absolutely nothing about the item. Just "amazing", "never seen before", "buy now" repetitions (or - it's Lindsey on - just try and read like a robot from a website)
- Only showing this worn on the neckline or in the lightbox - not in the hands
- Looks long on the bust, no? Just like the 30" Tiffany one. It's 16" (2" ext)
- Price? Image attached.

It's a JM special, surely? I'd wear it if a loved one made it for me. Tiny rondelles, cheap Chinese pearls, badly strung (the lightbox doesn't hide that). Spend £73.94 on it?!!!!

Nurse, quick! Time for my injections 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-26-16-34-31-176.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-05-26-16-34-31-176.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

- Airtime filled with absolutely nothing about the item. Just "amazing", "never seen before", "buy now" repetitions (or - it's Lindsey on - just try and read like a robot from a website)
- Price? Image attached.

It's a JM special, surely? I'd wear it if a loved one made it for me. Tiny rondelles, cheap Chinese pearls, badly strung (the lightbox doesn't hide that). Spend £73.94 on it?!!!!

I'm sure I bought something like that not so long ago and it was only £19.99. I put it away as a stocking filler.

- Price? Image attached.

I could make that :p And I'm crap at making jewellery :p

Maths not Adina's strong point (perhaps):

Toby's ProLife offer: Buy one bottle at £90 and buy a second half price

Adina: I don't know anywhere that you can get 20% CBD oil for £45.

Is it me?

There's no comparison with the Gemporia of old. Over ten years ago there used to be many positive comments on here, praising not only the jewellery but also the customer service and the speed of deliveries. There was even interaction on here from Steve Bennett. On the (rare) occasions I spoke with someone at their customer service I found them very helpful and like many others, I bought some lovely pieces years ago that I still have - but not today, as they've lost my trust. I still watch online and occasionally flip over on the telly, but to be frank it's for the laughs, whereas years ago I enjoyed learning about gemstones even if I wasn't buying. Sadly, it seems to me that it's turned into a market stall approach with shouty Del-boy presenters.

There's no comparison with the Gemporia of old. Over ten years ago there used to be many positive comments on here, praising not only the jewellery but also the customer service and the speed of deliveries. There was even interaction on here from Steve Bennett. On the (rare) occasions I spoke with someone at their customer service I found them very helpful and like many others, I bought some lovely pieces years ago that I still have - but not today, as they've lost my trust. I still watch online and occasionally flip over on the telly, but to be frank it's for the laughs, whereas years ago I enjoyed learning about gemstones even if I wasn't buying. Sadly, it seems to me that it's turned into a market stall approach with shouty Del-boy presenters.

Bit disrespectful to Del Boy!

That's the problem, it's not the Gemporia of old. At least, Steve Bennett had a bit of integrity. The 'shouty' presenters were probably kept on because they're easier to pay than the more experienced ones they let go.

He might have had a 'bit' of integrity - but not a great deal more.

Steve Bennett ran the show when the misleading renaming of gemstones started happening. Orange Garnet being sold as 'Tulelei' being just one example.

Steve Bennett was running the business when they took on Peter Simon - one of the biggest shysters of selly-telly.

Steve Bennett was actually presenting himself on Gems TV when he sold a box set of three gemstones at 'reverse auction' price for MORE than their full price on the website.

Steve Bennett was the first person I heard referring to heat treated gemstones as having 'just a little bit of heat' - despite gemstones being heated at extreme temperatures.

Steve Bennett regularly told us that his Primal Living probiotics were 'one of the best on the market' - but actually, they're one of the weakest on the market.

Gemporia also had a warning from the ASA a few years ago for a claim that Steve Bennett himself made on-air.

So yes, although things were better on Gemporia when Steve was running the business, they were still far from perfect and Steve played his part in that.

I find it rather ironic that Steve calls out food manufacturers, on social media, for making misleading claims about their food content - yet he's made a lot of money from running a business that misleads customers on a far-too-often basis. I think he needs to look a bit closer to home and get his own businesses in order before he starts calling other companies out for 'misleading'...........

Adina over-egging the pudding special (this bracelet).

a) Peridot is often treated. Really? Are you sure?
b) Only one man in the world can do this articulation. Wow, really?
c) When have you ever seen a bracelet like this in your lifetime? Erm...

Only £79 on Split Pay. Absolutely, Adina. Buy three. Absolutely.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-31-06-11-33-210.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-05-31-06-11-33-210.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 0
Adina over-egging the pudding special (this bracelet).

a) Peridot is often treated. Really? Are you sure?
b) Only one man in the world can do this articulation. Wow, really?
c) When have you ever seen a bracelet like this in your lifetime? Erm...

Only £79 on Split Pay. Absolutely, Adina. Buy three. Absolutely.
The answers are:-

a) No. And relying on her for conveying sense is like waiting for Boris Johnson to get a decent haircut.
b) Where is the Only Articulated Man in the World? We'd all like to meet him - suggest he comes on as a Guest at some time?
c) Last week.

Honestly, the BS that comes out.....but: buy it, just buy it (and put it on your insurance policy)

They're all shysters in selly telly, just to varying degrees, always remember that ;)
Yep. And the two bandits, our very own JF and her transatlantic partner in crime, are on for two hours with this couture piece. At least the lightbox isn't hiding how included these are - no need to look at the details (1.71g average):
Screenshot_2024-05-31-16-45-26-370.jpeg

Back