OPI Christmas Gifts TSV 28/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have liked OPI in the past & have had Nail Envy but now I have fairly presentable nails, strong healthy looking ( before splitting, flaking, thin) & all down to Leighton Denny Renovate.

I have liked OPI in the past & have had Nail Envy but now I have fairly presentable nails, strong healthy looking ( before splitting, flaking, thin) & all down to Leighton Denny Renovate.

May I ask exactly how you used Renovate please? As in, on it's own or with the buffer etc and how often? Also did you keep on painting your nails in between....or? Thanks very much in advance. Having a problem with some nails wanting to flake in layers and have never had this before. Have tried Nail Envy for a few weeks and some nails seem fine now already but still have the problem on two nails.

I cannot see any link to Breakfast at Tiffanys in this collection. It's like they've got some random left over colours and shoved them all together, paid a bit of money to use the name and Audrey's image and thought "that'll do". For anyone who's seen the film the TSV is utterly perplexing.

May I ask exactly how you used Renovate please? As in, on it's own or with the buffer etc and how often? Also did you keep on painting your nails in between....or? Thanks very much in advance. Having a problem with some nails wanting to flake in layers and have never had this before. Have tried Nail Envy for a few weeks and some nails seem fine now already but still have the problem on two nails.

Sorry to jump in, just wanted to add that I, too, use Renovate and it has transformed my nails. I put a tiny dot in the middle of each nail and rub it in, paying particular attention to the cuticle / sides. I do it at least once a day, sometimes twice. I used the buffer initially (the black side is to buff and the white side to polish), as it says it seals the treatment in and I was hoping to buff away my ridges, but it actually just made my nails thinner, and therefore weaker. If your nails are flaking, I'd definitely go easy with the buffer. It hasn't solved the ridges, unfortunately, but my nails are so much stronger and healthier, and grow really well. Would love to paint them more, as have so many lovely polishes and love how groomed people look with painted nails, but haven't really got the patience. I've tried the several thin coats method, but it drives me mad when I sit there for what feels like ages, only to ding a nail as soon as I use my hands again, rendering the whole laborious process a waste of time! :headbang: The tube is only 10ml and looks tiny, but lasts ages. Would definitely recommend. :happy:

Sorry to jump in, just wanted to add that I, too, use Renovate and it has transformed my nails. I put a tiny dot in the middle of each nail and rub it in, paying particular attention to the cuticle / sides. I do it at least once a day, sometimes twice. I used the buffer initially (the black side is to buff and the white side to polish), as it says it seals the treatment in and I was hoping to buff away my ridges, but it actually just made my nails thinner, and therefore weaker. If your nails are flaking, I'd definitely go easy with the buffer. It hasn't solved the ridges, unfortunately, but my nails are so much stronger and healthier, and grow really well. Would love to paint them more, as have so many lovely polishes and love how groomed people look with painted nails, but haven't really got the patience. I've tried the several thin coats method, but it drives me mad when I sit there for what feels like ages, only to ding a nail as soon as I use my hands again, rendering the whole laborious process a waste of time! :headbang: The tube is only 10ml and looks tiny, but lasts ages. Would definitely recommend. :happy:

Thank you! I have some Renovate from TSVs and have tried it with the buffer once or twice but don't really want to use the buffer. Also I almost always have my nails painted and am unsure whether I can use the Renovate on top of nails polish (?) like you can with Nail Envy. Or if it has to go on bare nails which I think it might...?

Thanks again for your help.

i might try the renovate i remember talking to lieghton and he said it would make a difference as my nails are really dry and flake at the ends. nail eny is good imo but you have to paint it on every day for me anyway. and always cap the edge. in a week i see some leagnth as they grow fast but are just in poor condition. i have never had good nails. nice hair crap nails lol

I just use a tiny drop of Renovate & massage it into the nail & cuticle.I admit I don't bother with the buffer and don't even do it on regular basis (I am not good on nail routines!)You can rub into the base of the nail when your nails are painted.Truly my nails were awful I had then covered up for a while with gel but wanted to return to natural nails.They split & flaked & were very weak.I tried Nail Envy but that seemed to make them hard & then they would split.They are hardly talon like now but are strong and the flaking has gone.I buy LD Renovate in M&S.Hope this helps--I never thought I would be giving advice on nails!!

I just use a tiny drop of Renovate & massage it into the nail & cuticle.I admit I don't bother with the buffer and don't even do it on regular basis (I am not good on nail routines!)You can rub into the base of the nail when your nails are painted.Truly my nails were awful I had then covered up for a while with gel but wanted to return to natural nails.They split & flaked & were very weak.I tried Nail Envy but that seemed to make them hard & then they would split.They are hardly talon like now but are strong and the flaking has gone.I buy LD Renovate in M&S.Hope this helps--I never thought I would be giving advice on nails!!

Thanks very much. Will definitely try the Renovate even with painted nails then.

I remember using Nail Envy years ago, yes my nails got harder. Then they snapped! Yes I did use the oil with it. I was told(by a nail tech), I had dry nails and did not need hardener but moisturiser. I started using Trind Nail Balsam and never looked back, I have to cut and file my nails down now.

Latest posts

Back