OPI SET

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I ordered a set of ten OPI nail lacquers on Sunday. The bottles were lined up on the counter on-air so the brand rep could go through the colours. The photo on the website showed them in a branded box. Nice for a gift, would make an impact and easy to wrap.

they arrived today and they are loose in bubble wrap ‘envelopes’ in a bog-standard brown postage box.

of course they’ve sold out and the website pic has changed to show them lined up, not in the nice box.

I’m disappointed but I have no proof that I thought I was buying boxed items. (Should have taken a screen shot when I ordered). It would cost me to return them.

I’m really annoyed that I’ve been duped, probably through their carelessness and lack of attention to detail rather than ‘sharp practice’.

What should I do ?

I ordered a set of ten OPI nail lacquers on Sunday. The bottles were lined up on the counter on-air so the brand rep could go through the colours. The photo on the website showed them in a branded box. Nice for a gift, would make an impact and easy to wrap.

they arrived today and they are loose in bubble wrap ‘envelopes’ in a bog-standard brown postage box.

of course they’ve sold out and the website pic has changed to show them lined up, not in the nice box.

I’m disappointed but I have no proof that I thought I was buying boxed items. (Should have taken a screen shot when I ordered). It would cost me to return them.

I’m really annoyed that I’ve been duped, probably through their carelessness and lack of attention to detail rather than ‘sharp practice’.

What should I do?

Have a look at video, is box showing?

https://www.qvcuk.com/OPI-10-Piece-Nailed-It-Lacquer-Collection.product.243070.html

Yes I see what you mean, no box is shown in the video and the pic as you have said just shows them lined up, so I personally dont think there is much you can do,, you could try and ring them and explain the situation but I bet they won't do anything and will deny the presence of a box, having said all that its a lovely set for £39 and seems a shame to not still gift, if not you could sell it to me!,

What should I do ?
You can't do much, Eric's Mum, except try to find a suitable box and doll it up yourself. You could contact them, but they would probably fob you off and you'd be more disappointed and angry too. Best to write if off to experience, IMO.

Read my post - do I claim that a box is shown in the video ?
I didn't say you did.
I was pointing out they still had video showing, I hadn't watched it, I was suggesting you did to see if they showed box, or mentioned box.

Maybe contact opi? They might send you a sweetener. No brand wants to be shamed on social media these days. I’m not techy at all but they probably have a Facebook page.

Disappointed for you, Eric’s Mum. Have you tried checking the order confirmation? If you look at your account online, Order Status, and click on the order number, it will show the full details and a picture. I don’t know if that picture is fixed or links to the website, in which case it might change, but if it does show the boxed set as you saw it on the website originally, you could screenshot that and send it to them if they deny it?

PS I don’t know how you return it as you can only send 4 nail polishes at a time by Royal Mail. You might persuade QVC to get Hermes to pick it up for you, especially as you have been misled?

Latest posts

Back