Pervy Pete AWOL

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In my innocence, I always thought that the ASA were watchdogs of what was happening on TV channels, and would call them to account. But since being on here, I now realise how deluded I was, because many people have mentioned complaining to ASA and to the channel themselves, yet nothing changes. These organisations with no "teeth" really wind me up - what's the ruddy point of having them (probably funded with taxpayers money) if they sit on their btm and do nowt. Pete is out of order IMO well before the watershed - the innuendoes and smirking, lip-licking, etc, all go on. How could Steve Bennett have EVER given him a job on Gems?

History, I emailed the ASA years ago when Pete was selling nasty cheap perfume they always flogged called Laurelle. In shops yours for £7.99. They used a mailing address in an office in Regent Street in London along with loads of other companies to sound professional. He was bigging up this tat and said "their main demartment, their main store is in Regent Street". Went through conplaints procedure and the result was that he "made a mistake" and he must not do it again. I was pleased I made the effort but it was a waste of time. You could not mistake an accommodation address for a flash shop in Regent Street!

In my innocence, I always thought that the ASA were watchdogs of what was happening on TV channels, and would call them to account. But since being on here, I now realise how deluded I was, because many people have mentioned complaining to ASA and to the channel themselves, yet nothing changes. These organisations with no "teeth" really wind me up - what's the ruddy point of having them (probably funded with taxpayers money) if they sit on their btm and do nowt. Pete is out of order IMO well before the watershed - the innuendoes and smirking, lip-licking, etc, all go on. How could Steve Bennett have EVER given him a job on Gems?

Yes how foolish are we to think that there's actually someone out there to keep a reign on smutty innuendoes before 9pm, wonder if they know they're obviously free to ef and blind all hours.

History, I emailed the ASA years ago when Pete was selling nasty cheap perfume they always flogged called Laurelle. In shops yours for £7.99. They used a mailing address in an office in Regent Street in London along with loads of other companies to sound professional. He was bigging up this tat and said "their main demartment, their main store is in Regent Street". Went through conplaints procedure and the result was that he "made a mistake" and he must not do it again. I was pleased I made the effort but it was a waste of time. You could not mistake an accommodation address for a flash shop in Regent Street!

I actually emaied Savile Row to inform them that Bid Tv were selling cheap suits and calling them "Savill Rowe" I was gobsmacked, I really was that they didn't even try to hide their deceit, the woman thanked me and said she'd sort it, she must have because when they were on next time just said "suit"

I don't watch much I/W these days, even on in the background. However I did see the old buffoon yesterday flogging some oven with a chef (small C), and I had my eye on some electronic salt and pepper grinders. A good price I thought even with the P & P. Went online to order, and hey presto, none left. Anyhoo, went on to a well known auction site, and got them for £4.00 cheaper than I/W, with free P & P. Considering I ordered them yesterday, they were just delivered. How good was that??
Since PP and MM joined the cowboy outfit, they are a parody of the old bid mob and however much their persona comes across to us as viewers, it doesn't seem to matter one iota to the powers that be!
I get more enjoyment reading this forum than watching the shopping channels these days, so thank you all one and all for bringing a little laughter to us all in these difficult times - Remember tho' whatever you buy, it can be dressed up or down, could change your life, and be assured the TAT must be good, because everybody flogging it has already got it, or has one put away for Christmas (Sorry for mentioning the C word).
I used to watch a lot more, but the smut I see and hear on the channel just makes me want to listen to the radio more. Sorry I/W - it's clear you don't give a toss for the content of the stuff on sale as long as certain presenters "Do their act" or come across as a smart a**e. Rant over - normal conditions now apply!:mysmilie_17:

I don't watch much I/W these days, even on in the background. However I did see the old buffoon yesterday flogging some oven with a chef (small C), and I had my eye on some electronic salt and pepper grinders. A good price I thought even with the P & P. Went online to order, and hey presto, none left. Anyhoo, went on to a well known auction site, and got them for £4.00 cheaper than I/W, with free P & P. Considering I ordered them yesterday, they were just delivered. How good was that??
Since PP and MM joined the cowboy outfit, they are a parody of the old bid mob and however much their persona comes across to us as viewers, it doesn't seem to matter one iota to the powers that be!
I get more enjoyment reading this forum than watching the shopping channels these days, so thank you all one and all for bringing a little laughter to us all in these difficult times - Remember tho' whatever you buy, it can be dressed up or down, could change your life, and be assured the TAT must be good, because everybody flogging it has already got it, or has one put away for Christmas (Sorry for mentioning the C word).
I used to watch a lot more, but the smut I see and hear on the channel just makes me want to listen to the radio more. Sorry I/W - it's clear you don't give a toss for the content of the stuff on sale as long as certain presenters "Do their act" or come across as a smart a**e. Rant over - normal conditions now apply!:mysmilie_17:

Well put, IW have had some really bad employment advice as far as the Bid Twaterrati are concerned, they're so thick as poop that they don't realise Bid went bust for a reason, the presenters and their lack of credibility contributed to it. I buy less from IW because every time I put it on, either Barra Boi or Pervy Pete are there! We've all spoken the truth here so if the truth hurts, bollocks to them, IW have made their bed, so let them sign on for it.

Muttley, at least you complained - if nothing else you feel better when you fire off a complaint - I've sent quite a few to IW themselves, always get the same old standard e-mail back but at least I feel better for letting off steam and letting my blood pressure go down. How could the ASA possibly call this perfume incident a mistake? And why is it made possible for them to use the same excuse, over and over - "we made a mistake"? A mistake should be a rare occurrence, this happens every week IMO. The presenters pretend "we have to tell the truth otherwise the ASA will take us off air" - even Gems TV presenters have said this, knowing full well it'll never happen. The ASA are flippin useless, no wonder IW laugh and stick 2 fingers up. The next time I complain, it won't be to IW I will just e-mail ASA and ask them why they continually accept the story that it was a "mistake" - and I'll ask them what exactly a presenter or company have to do to be taken off air!

Love this post! Says it all, as does Dave's.
Well put, IW have had some really bad employment advice as far as the Bid Twaterrati are concerned, they're so thick as poop that they don't realise Bid went bust for a reason, the presenters and their lack of credibility contributed to it. I buy less from IW because every time I put it on, either Barra Boi or Pervy Pete are there! We've all spoken the truth here so if the truth hurts, bollocks to them, IW have made their bed, so let them sign on for it.

Muttley, at least you complained - if nothing else you feel better when you fire off a complaint - I've sent quite a few to IW themselves, always get the same old standard e-mail back but at least I feel better for letting off steam and letting my blood pressure go down. How could the ASA possibly call this perfume incident a mistake? And why is it made possible for them to use the same excuse, over and over - "we made a mistake"? A mistake should be a rare occurrence, this happens every week IMO. The presenters pretend "we have to tell the truth otherwise the ASA will take us off air" - even Gems TV presenters have said this, knowing full well it'll never happen. The ASA are flippin useless, no wonder IW laugh and stick 2 fingers up. The next time I complain, it won't be to IW I will just e-mail ASA and ask them why they continually accept the story that it was a "mistake" - and I'll ask them what exactly a presenter or company have to do to be taken off air!

I did feel better for doing it. At the time quite a few people on the Bid forum used to report them to the ASA and I realised I couldn't keep relying on others to report stuff. Apparently Peter had to go through "re-training" as a punishment. You can tell that had a great effect on him...

I did feel better for doing it. At the time quite a few people on the Bid forum used to report them to the ASA and I realised I couldn't keep relying on others to report stuff. Apparently Peter had to go through "re-training" as a punishment. You can tell that had a great effect on him...

Who trained him? chimps?..........mind you that's offensive to chimps I take that back, chimps are intelligent, clever, cute and funny, Pervy Pete is non of these things. Just a shame IW didn't hire a couple of cute chimps in place of BB and PP, I'd have bought a Tefal Multicooker off one.

Who trained him? chimps?..........mind you that's offensive to chimps I take that back, chimps are intelligent, clever, cute and funny, Pervy Pete is non of these things. Just a shame IW didn't hire a couple of cute chimps in place of BB and PP, I'd have bought a Tefal Multicooker off one.

Can you imagine a chimp tryimg to demonstrate a Kinkaide work of "art". I bet he wouldn't be able to stop laughing!

Can you imagine a chimp tryimg to demonstrate a Kinkaide work of "art". I bet he wouldn't be able to stop laughing!

Ahh just picturing a cute little chimp in a suit, I don't think you'd get one to flog some naff print in a frame to be honest, even chimps have standards.

Oh FFS :taphead::taphead:

Someone find him a staff and mitre.

I'm absolutely lost for words, his sincerity makes a mockery of something people hold dear. I couldn't help laughing at him, not with him, at him. He's right though those Nativity Stones really do work........because it's a miracle anyone will employ the fool.

Moira C is on with Dirty Pete. You will be glad to know that Our Bet has a whole set of them. Well, that has convinced me (not to buy them). Selling fast folks...

Just had a quick look, he's his usual camp self I see. Does that man not have a home to go to? And what do the woman wear head sets for? Thought is was a wart on the side of her face..........oops he's starting to get manic, or more manic now, I'll have to turn over.

I remember this clip cos shopperholic asked what he was doing with his left hand :giggle:

Whenever he tells a story about himself, it's always 'in the early hours/in the wee small hours', although this time the sun was up, so it wasn't that early.

'This morning, the sun was shining. I stood in the early hours. That sun filled my heart. It's a new day................It's on flexipay'

Latest posts

Back