Peter Simon joining TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The only response I have is: do the owners of TJC want to kill the company?

Who in their right mind would look at the likes of Sally Jacks and Peter Simon, who have helped to run TWO shopping telly companies so far into the ground they imploded, and say "Yep, we definitely need to sign them up!"

Not to mention taking on Genevieve Something Unpronounceable, a woman who comes a very close second to the aforementioned Ms Jacks in the category of "Loudest Screecher of Inane B*ll*cks on Live TV".

Is this some kind of fraud attempt by the owners to get out of paying their suppliers? It makes zero sense

Now…PLEASE CHECK OUT YOUR CASKETS…er…BASKETS. You MUST insure this £9.99 trinket of the finest quality and idiosyncratic metamorphosisness..Very similar to the one I wore in my Vegas residency in 1963…When I worked with that noted act of drag act, Elsie Nipplovitz..It an absolute delight for you to be watching me again in another classy position. PUT ME ON YOUR HOUSE INSURANCE NOW!!!

'This £19.99 ring that could sell all day long for £1,999.99 has the sparkle of angels, not only is it ... but it's also ... and the silver plating is beyond the exquisite kiss of an Egyptian goddess from centuries gone by. Buy it, love it, marry it, but most of all INSURE IT. A tell it like it is me ...'

IMG_1298.jpeg

Does TJC have an online television schedule for the week? I can't find one. Thanks.

The only response I have is: do the owners of TJC want to kill the company?

Who in their right mind would look at the likes of Sally Jacks and Peter Simon, who have helped to run TWO shopping telly companies so far into the ground they imploded, and say "Yep, we definitely need to sign them up!"

Not to mention taking on Genevieve Something Unpronounceable, a woman who comes a very close second to the aforementioned Ms Jacks in the category of "Loudest Screecher of Inane B*ll*cks on Live TV".

Is this some kind of fraud attempt by the owners to get out of paying their suppliers? It makes zero sense
She (Genevieve) wasn't like that when she was a brand guest on QVC, where she used the anglicised version of her surname.
Selly telly needs people who can talk nonsense for hours on end with a talkback receiver in their ears... it's harder than it sounds. It's a small pool of "talent" who have been able to do it, and with retirements it's a shinking pool... and I can't help thinking there a fair number of fakers out there who can't do it but have halfway decent sales stats so carry on.
I think this is why we see the same (irritating) faces showing up on channek after channel.
Judging by some of the awful younger presenters on all channels, they don't see a value in presenting in a more professional manner... and nor do their bosses.
Peter Simon's end of the pier routine is probably an entertaining watch for enough channels to see a value in having him on screen.

I’m beyond thrilled. Fantastic news. Peter Simon is quite simply, and I really do mean this, compulsive viewing. He is to sincerity what Gamages is to quality timepieces. I don’t think he’ll do much to enhance the reputation of what is (surprisingly for shopping TV) a fairly well liked channel, but he’ll probably be essential viewing as he’s ruining it…

Latest posts

Back