Pipa

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What irritates me more, and perhaps it shouldn't but it's people's need to spell their names in a funky fashion to try and make it different..if she want us to say "Pippa" then spell it Pippa or Pipper if you have to!..Seen writen down most people would presume she's called "piper or peeper" who'd flaming well know?! My mate Jeni (Jenny) could be jeanie, Jeneye, to the uninitiated ..It's an affectation and you might have a plain or common name you don't like, spelling in a funky way that people can't always dechipher isn't the answer..If you really don't like your name change it..Pipa, Jeni, Niki, Ana......Noooooo!

Was she just stood there with her arms in front of her and her hands crisscrossed gives me the impression she just can’t be bothered, just going through the motion automatically.

She's changed quite considerably over the years, & I don't just mean her hairstyle. She was unhappy for some time before her first marriage ended & after taking time away from work & moving home she met up with her first love & now describes her life 'blissfully happy'. This is wonderful, but she shouts about it all in the style of Ickle Claire & to be brutally honest is anyone interested?

Maybe she's a Phillipa so in her mind it should be Pipa with one P, but Pipa by itself looks odd and if I hadn't heard it but just seen it, I'd have said Piper. These different spellings are so common they're confusing now. I never know whether to write Niki, Nikki, Nikkie, Nickie, Nicki, Nicci, Nickey or Nicky to Nicolas. Is there anyone on this forum who insists on a particular spelling?

My name is Susan, shortened to Sue but on my name badge at work it's spelled Sioux, not as an affectation it's to confuse the hell out of the customers should they want to contact head office with a complaint they won't be able to spell it or pronounce it! :D
I'm sure no one would complain about you anyway....but I'd have thought that the unusual spelling, even if they can't pronounce it would make you easier to identify, epsecially if there's a lot of Sues or Susans to choose from. I think the name badge thing is a bit different. I don't know about you but I don't like having to wear a name badge. When I first started at work we didn't have them, then suddenly some years ago they were introduced. A fair amount of people objected as they didn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry knowing their names. We had a few people who put names that weren't even their own,(and were permitted to do so as the company only required a person to be identifiable) and some put whacky spellings on in protest. One lady Juliette, put Jooolz on hers (yes with 3 o's) and was told it was inappropriate, but Vykkee (Vicki) somehow got away with it! Juliette ordered another badge spelt Jules instead and was allowed that, but being the rebel that she is, picked up a badge from a pile of spare badges on the office table ( belonging to new starters who didn't end up starting), and wore one bearing the name John! Obviously when management noticed, she was told to at least wear one with a female name - Hey nowadays they'd probably not be allowed to do that lol! I think I wore my badge for one day then gave up wearing it altogether, and luckily for me it's never been picked up on

I think its always been thus. I've always been asked throughout my life " is it Linda with a 'y' ?" (Lynda).

As for Pipa, she's changed her name and style since I've been watching. Her hair was short and spiky in a variety of colours (went with her mooosical image - ), then there was a name change from Gordon to Greenberg, then back again, change of husband (who on the one photo I saw looked much older than her).

I think its always been thus. I've always been asked throughout my life " is it Linda with a 'y' ?" (Lynda).

As for Pipa, she's changed her name and style since I've been watching. Her hair was short and spiky in a variety of colours (went with her mooosical image - ), then there was a name change from Gordon to Greenberg, then back again, change of husband (who on the one photo I saw looked much older than her).
I thought he was prematurely grey, as his face didn't look particularly older than hers.

I actually like her and I was very happy for her when she re-married to an old flame. She's not the worst presenter either by a long shot she just needs to tone down that voice. QVC might find themselves very short of presenters once the further lockdowns start.

CC

Latest posts

Back