Possible QVC Text Scam

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A very famous scam which has popped up on the Moneysaving site again this year.

Without fail each year, threads appear about buying a IPad, Xbox or some other electronic everyone wants. Of course sold out massive demand and the stores cannot get the stock to meet demand. So these websites pop up saying guaranteed delivery before Xmas and also a good price(the last one is the bait), people just buy and delivery is usually 10 days and usually a set date when item will arrive. Of course, it never does and the website disappears. These scammers even put up fake reviews on Trustpilot making them seem okay. It is only when the time has passed and no items the real reviews start.

I remember last year, I think it was an Iphone? But this man posted and kept insisting his would turn up, he was given different dates when that date his was due and did not arrive. Quite a few others who must have googled came on to the thread saying they had the same experience and admitted it was a scam. But he just knew his would arrive. No.
My husband fell for one of these some years ago, I think it was for an ipad, they were fairly new, and like you said there was massive demand, and everybody wanted one. Along comes this website called "just new in" or something like that, offering Ipads for a pretty substantial saving but still, pretty damned costly! Off he went and got his credit card. I gave him the usual "if it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true speil" and he said "It looks pretty legit to me". He popped one into his basket and proceeded to fill out his details - It asked for his mother's maiden name fgs! I was told this when he'd already clicked on send but suddenly come to his senses and said "WTF have I just done?" "What an idiot!". Within a couple of minutes he was on the phone to his credit card company and told them "I've just done something really stupid - Is there anything you can do?" Thankfully they were able to stop the transaction immediately, stop the card and order a replacement. We still talk about that incident to this day - thankfully no harm was done - but you can't hear wiser words than "If it sounds too good to be true - It is too good to be true"!

Yes Donna, I have seen those adverts for the elusive tech gift everyone wants but can't be found in the legitimate stores. I think the message is the old if it sounds too good to be true, or too cheap, then it is most likely a scam.

Regarding QVC, I sent a message to them to tell them again about this text. I explained the story and said that I did not feel the agent I spoke to was really taking the matter seriously. So far, no reply and to be honest I am not expecting one. QVC don't like any negative feedback or messages about their company, so I don't think they will investigate or warn customers. It is a poor show.

If they’re not replying to your messages, Ballerina, if you’ve got a Facebook account you could post something on their FB page to alert others. If you haven’t got one then maybe someone on here could do it for you. I’m not on FB, but if I was then I would post something about this scam.

That is not a bad idea. I do have a fb account but rarely post and keep my details private because I don't want to start being contacted by a$$holes, who just want to try and scam me. My eldest daughter however.... well, I dispair of her, she lives her life on fb, has over 800 "friends", not likely in my opinion. But I do love her and she would definitely put the message out there for me. Still no reply from QVC yet and I won't hold my breath. x

How about this scam ?
Cartoon scam Ed Shearing 264585788_102.jpg
- - - -

Latest posts

Back