Prattle-Free QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
Like many other forumites, I just can't listen to the majority of presenters any more. I can't bear to listen to stories about being a girlie and loving pink and/or purple, having every product on the QVC inventory, prattling and screeching, misleading information (especially when it comes to pricing), etc, etc. I could go on but we would be here all day! My solution is to watch my favourite shows on mute with a CD playing in the background. It allows me to make my own mind up about a product without being swayed by the sales patter. Sometimes it is necessary to hear the description but most of the time that info is on the web anyway.

I agree. I've noticed over the last few months that all the presenters are much more pushy, loud and insincere. I know QVC employed a new manager in charge of presenters a while back which might explain the change. I suspect that all the talk about themselves, their kids, their favourite colours etc is a clumsy effort to create a "lifestyle" which viewers will "buy into". :rock::rock:

Thought it was only me who used the mute button. I find if i am tempted to buy, i put the tv on mute. If I am still interested then it must be good. I just get sucked in by their schmutter!!!!

I agree to some extent but they do have to fill up the time by saying something. There is only so many times they can give you the colours or measurements. They need to stike a balance between waffle and relevant information.

I totally agree. With the current economic downturn, I wonder if QVC are feeling the pinch and therefore adopting a more hard sell approach. Oddly, the more they push, the less likely I am to buy. It has a strange revers psychology on me.

With the exception of some of the beauty TSVs, I am finding more and more that QVC is also not as inexpensive as they would have you believe. If you see a product you really want, shop around first, you can very often get a better deal elsewhere.

QVC is becoming a parody. All those Woods/Walters and French/Saunders skits are becoming frighteningly accurate. They need a rethink on many levels.

I totally agree. With the current economic downturn, I wonder if QVC are feeling the pinch and therefore adopting a more hard sell approach. Oddly, the more they push, the less likely I am to buy. It has a strange revers psychology on me.

With the exception of some of the beauty TSVs, I am finding more and more that QVC is also not as inexpensive as they would have you believe. If you see a product you really want, shop around first, you can very often get a better deal elsewhere.

QVC is becoming a parody. All those Woods/Walters and French/Saunders skits are becoming frighteningly accurate. They need a rethink on many levels.

Agree, it seems to have a rather 80's vibe "greed is good" which is not only old fashioned but rather out of kilter with the current climate of oay freezes, redunacies and general ecomomic uncertaintity. All this prattling about "why not buy one in each colour?" and "I've got this collection in the guest bedroom" does not entice me to buy. Imagine if they had a running commentry on the website too, say when you clicked on something you suddenly got Jill F wafting on about her hobby of endless shopping and how she loves the item you are looking at!! Now that would be hell:devil:

I agree they have to fill the time - and I also think its partly a selling ploy......make them feel your friend, by talking about holidays,families,dogs,favourite colour etc..

Latest posts

Back