Presenters hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Did anyone witness a tweet this last week think it would have been, read out by Chloe.
It was a lady being very complementary on how the presenters hair has been looking during the recent lockdown. Chloe commented that the woman was saying that despite all hairdressers being closed, the presenters hair still looked really good.
Chloe gave a shoutout on behalf of them all, saying no we are all struggling through like everybody at home, we aren’t attending appointments with hairdressers.
She then went on to put her head down to the side on a table, dividing her hair revealing her roots underneath. Going on to say just have a close look here and the camera zoomed in.
She exclaimed just look here at my really bad matted extensions, look at the state they are in.
Think she may have said you can see I haven’t managed to get a hair appointment.

She should have asked CHuntley how she managed to take out her professional extensions and cut her own hair? :unsure: :poop:
I had extensions once and they are kind of "glued" in, bonded with some substance onto your real hair. When I had them removed a couple of months later I spent half a day in the hairdressers getting them unglued and carefully taken out, then my hair had to be cut and styled afterwards to get rid of all the frizzy bits, unevenness and leftover glue.

If Catherine has taken out her own extensions I would expect she would have to have cut them out and as they are fixed on quite close to the scalp, she'd probably be bald. Maybe she is and is wearing a wig. I don't believe she could have removed them herself, especially not the ones at the back.

However, extensions might be different now. Can you get clip in ones that you keep in for months? I wish she'd shut up about it actually, she's just coming across as a smug clever dick.

CC

There are loads of different types of extensions and it is possible with some to take them put yourself. Many hairdressers have been providing instruction to clients in how to do so. The key with many is melting the bond, melt that and you can then slide the extension out.

IW used to do clip in extensions a few years ago, and I did get a short curly one. It worked well, but like kitchen gadgets, they get shoved in the cupboard after the 'fad' has passed.

I’ve trying to decide between a wig and a buzz cut. My last cut was November and it will be May before any hope of the next so I’m sporting Worzel Gummidge 2021 at present and the milder weather means a woolly hat is no longer appropriate.
I was looking at wigs earlier, but mostly they seem to come from China... and I am trying not to purchase from there.
I would see them as a good way to try new hair colours and styles.

Style yes but I’m ok on colour as in 2019 decided to stop colouring so am now complete grey. Most of the styles are near what I already have so it wouldn’t be a massive change just wouldn’t need cut.

I had extensions once and they are kind of "glued" in, bonded with some substance onto your real hair. When I had them removed a couple of months later I spent half a day in the hairdressers getting them unglued and carefully taken out, then my hair had to be cut and styled afterwards to get rid of all the frizzy bits, unevenness and leftover glue.

If Catherine has taken out her own extensions I would expect she would have to have cut them out and as they are fixed on quite close to the scalp, she'd probably be bald. Maybe she is and is wearing a wig. I don't believe she could have removed them herself, especially not the ones at the back.

However, extensions might be different now. Can you get clip in ones that you keep in for months? I wish she'd shut up about it actually, she's just coming across as a smug clever dick.

CC
In her DIY haircut film she said that she cut her fringe & took out her extensions during the first lockdown. Having watched her cut her hair I can believe that she would remove her extensions, probably with oil or a keratin remover. I saw her a couple of weeks after she'd cut her hair & the right side looked slightly longer, as someone who has had a bob in many variations for all my adult life that would annoy me beyond words.

In her DIY haircut film she said that she cut her fringe & took out her extensions during the first lockdown. Having watched her cut her hair I can believe that she would remove her extensions, probably with oil or a keratin remover. I saw her a couple of weeks after she'd cut her hair & the right side looked slightly longer, as someone who has had a bob in many variations for all my adult life that would annoy me beyond words.
I think she has curled the ends under to try and disguise the wonkiness.
I avoid trimming my hair as I'm far too likely to end up with stubble in my attempt to get it even... not helped by a cow lick and double crown (not the kind Strato wishes he had 😋).

I went grey for a time, but I enjoy my purple-magenta-red colour..just makes it hard without my hairdresser during lockdown.

Latest posts

Back