Presenters hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have an appointment but not for another 6 weeks.I am doing my best but we are all in the same boat.Blue/ purple would be a step in the right direction on JK’s horrid straw yellow.

I don’t know why she is suddenly worried about the colour - sure of years the spaniel ear extensions were a completely different colour of straw to the rest of the straw.

Jackie has said she’s got a toner to use on her hair at the week end, as it’s gone yellow. she says may turn her hair purple/blue.
Jackie's hair looked like a bad wig last night, in terms of colour and life. The actual style was lovely though, and suited her.

During lockdown, left to our own devices, it is hard to keep your hair looking it's best. Length that drags your face down, roots, split ends, colour fade... Q might actually have found a receptive market for wigs and hair pieces if they'd bothered... IW too, for that matter!

Jackie has said she’s got a toner to use on her hair at the week end, as it’s gone yellow. she says may turn her hair purple/blue.
I'm surprised that she hasn't done this before. I grew out my colour about 15 years ago & use a rinse made from dried blue malva flowers to stop the whiter parts of my salt & pepper looking dull.

My straggly curly colour-faded, 3 inch grey roots whispy-ended lockdown hair is my badge of honour, I’m proud of it !

luckily by the time I’ve put on my mask and my specs, nobody can see who I am so I can nip round Aldi’s and Mark’s foodhall without worrying about paparazzi.

Jackie's hair looked like a bad wig last night, in terms of colour and life. The actual style was lovely though, and suited her.

During lockdown, left to our own devices, it is hard to keep your hair looking it's best. Length that drags your face down, roots, split ends, colour fade... Q might actually have found a receptive market for wigs and hair pieces if they'd bothered... IW too, for that matter!
My last appointment was on 8th December, I have my hair cut every four weeks so have now missed three cuts & it's almost touching my collar bones. It'll only keep its shape for another couple of weeks & then I'll have to go for a 1960s style flipped bob :eek:

What about Ruth Langsford's hair... that doesn't look significantly longer.
I wonder if some have just invested in a wig cap and some wigs for ease tbh.
Even if Ruth is not wearing a topper. It looks as if she is. But she may have extensions.
Her hair is very thick and vari coloured. I doubt she would dye it blue or purple. Her bosses would not approve, I think.

What about Ruth Langsford's hair... that doesn't look significantly longer.
I wonder if some have just invested in a wig cap and some wigs for ease tbh.
Her hair looks like a wig even if it's not.

My straggly curly colour-faded, 3 inch grey roots whispy-ended lockdown hair is my badge of honour, I’m proud of it !

luckily by the time I’ve put on my mask and my specs, nobody can see who I am so I can nip round Aldi’s and Mark’s foodhall without worrying about paparazzi.
If you wear a baseball cap as well, the photographers will be on your tail, because they WILL know who you are!

My last appointment was on 8th December, I have my hair cut every four weeks so have now missed three cuts & it's almost touching my collar bones. It'll only keep its shape for another couple of weeks & then I'll have to go for a 1960s style flipped bob :eek:

I love wigs, but the problem is when you take them off, your hair is plastered to your head and you have to shampoo. If you have long hair, hair scrunchies work fairly well, but clip on hair extensions are uncomfortable and false looking.

I think Ruthless has a hairdresser who tidies her up for TV - didn’t she mention this?

Not much required, stick on a helmet and cut around it - voila, the helmet haircut she always sports pre and post lockdown. I have seen photo shoots she has done for magazines where they have done her hair, make up and clothes (possible a soft focus as well) and she looks 10 years younger - I find her very old fashioned and stiff.
A pudding basin works as well as a helmet. I know this from experience. Soft focus is a beautiful thing.

I had a text from my hairdresser yesterday, I last had a cut in October, and highlights last March last year, should have had a cut in January. My appointment is booked for first week in May.

The lockdowns since last March have made me really grateful that I’m a natural honey/strawberry blonde so there’s been no need for me to worry about roots or grey. My hair is also long and twice, since March 2020, my son has lopped a couple of inches off the length for me, to “blunt” it, as it grows like a weed and I don’t “do” straggly ends. I rarely have it loose but tie it to the side in a low pony tail. I do have a fringe but trim that myself. 😳 I’ve not been to a hairdresser for about 30 years but can fully understand why the majority of the country is champing at the bit for the day on which hairdressers and barbers re-open.

I hope that all of you who are waiting for that day get an early appointment and are really pleased with the results. I’m sure that you will be 🙂 although you might feel a tad light-headed when it’s trimmed after all this time. 😉

My hairdressers isn't going to open again - ever. I am glad that between Mr Twirl and myself we have managed to keep mine OKish but I do feel sorry for the staff. Apparently my lad, Dean, is going to be starting up his own business through Facebook but I don't do social media so will carry on with my DIY attempts.
On a different note I took a parcel in for a neighbour last week and didn't recognise her. She has always had thick, long blonde hair but was sporting a grey buzz cut. She told me that she had done it herself but didn't know why. I asked how everything was going as I knew that her husband was diagnosed with kidney, lung and pancreatic cancer on Boxing Day only to be told that he had passed away 5 weeks ago. I am afraid that I gave her a hug as she was so upset. Because of Covid none of the neighbours knew, so sad as he was a lovely chap. Oh and apparently he was sent home from hospital with Covid that the whole family contracted - wish she had told me that bit before I hugged her. Anyway last time I saw her she now has a blonde buzz cut. Grief affects us all differently I suppose.

Oh that’s so sad, a tragedy, poor woman & to have to go through it all in these lonely times. Your heart breaks for the sadness many have had to deal with.

I’m lucky hair wise too though never thought it at the time when I began to turn snow white in my early twenties. So don’t have to bother about colouring it & it’s shoulder length & curls at the ends do I’ve always just chopped it myself. Come to think of it, me & the dogs could be litter sisters though don’t have the black ears & nose.....at least if I wash properly.

Chunts has long hair again in the ultrasun POTM???? Whaaaaat? She mentions April first, but the hair looks good. Am I missing something?

Latest posts

Back