Purple Tulips TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Seriously, does it really matter?? I mean, did anybody buy purple ones just to match their house colour or their garden shed? I would be just happy to see them flower, and enjoy their beauty!

Marleybear ~ spot on!

If I bought/ordered something ~ then I expect it to be the colour I wanted!

Oh, and I also agree with Molly that you should get a refund and keep the flowers!! :1:

I would also expect it to be the correct colour, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it wasn't (unlike shoes or bags or something you might have bought specifically to match something else). Why not just enjoy the flowers as they are!

I bought some purple tulip bulbs from B&Q last year, they havent' flowered at all, but neither have my daffodils. Not sure why, I only leaves but no heads! boo hoo.

i ordered the tsv too!! Two flowers have opened up yellow, one is looking deep pinky/purple! Not happy will be calling CS too!

I once bought some tulip bulbs at a flower market in Amsterdam, they were supposed to be black but came out bright red. If I had bought them from QVC I would have complained and would have expected a refund.

I bought black tulips in the Amsterdam flower market about 10 years ago.

Mine were red too. Still coming up each year to taunt me!

I also bought the Yellow hardy geraniums from QVC last year. They grew very well but were completely white.

I don't think they were hardy either. The remains of the plants look as dead as a dodo.

Stuart

Are they coming up as normal, basic run of the mill yellow tulips...? I don't know how much a bag of those cost in the garden centres - but i would expect it is less than the frilly edged etc fancy ones in the qvc photo...

Exactly I dont think we would have been tempted to buy the TSV if it had been bog standard yellow tulips but the appeal was the nice purple ones that looked different.
I think you should get a full refund if they are not purple.

If you had planted them in with some contrasting flowers or in a purple pot then they came up yellow this would not have the same effect that you were trying to achieve. Also if you paid for purple you should get purple. You wouldn't like it if you ordered a ring in tanzanite and then got citrine?????

Re your problem Stuart - although I am only a bit of an amateur gardener I know with hardy geraniums that they do die completely back in the winter - if you cut this back they should sprout again from the ground - so don't give up hope just yet.

I bought black tulips in the Amsterdam flower market about 10 years ago.

Mine were red too. Still coming up each year to taunt me!

I also bought the Yellow hardy geraniums from QVC last year. They grew very well but were completely white.

I don't think they were hardy either. The remains of the plants look as dead as a dodo.

Stuart

Stuart I ordered the yellow geraniums too, I was disappointed, not very good at all and they died - not hardy at all. So I'm not buying plants from QVC any more.

I have some more just coming through now, a yellow one with what looked like purple tips (before yesterday's wind killed it off) and a definite purple one. My yellow ones aren't a problem any more, the wind did for those too.

I remember in science class splitting a white carnation stem into 3 and putting each bit in a test tube with ink of different colours in, say red, blue and green.

the white carnation flower changed colour in 3 sections - one third of each colour that was in the test tubes.

So......

Using that theory, water your yellow tulips with concentrated RIBENA :4::4::4:

I remember in science class splitting a white carnation stem into 3 and putting each bit in a test tube with ink of different colours in, say red, blue and green.

the white carnation flower changed colour in 3 sections - one third of each colour that was in the test tubes.

So......

Using that theory, water your yellow tulips with concentrated RIBENA :4::4::4:

Supermarkets are going to sell out of Ribena now :1:

I'm getting worried about my tree peonies now... Bet they turn into triffids.

Latest posts

Back