Q charging double for the craft book TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
The book is priced at $25 in the US which is about £15. QVC price £27 and TSV £22. Rip off.

Ad they've clearly dropped a bollock with the stock seeing as its been on advanced orders since the launch show. How many did they actually have in stock I wonder?

There was no stock BB. The TSV is only available on Advanced Orders. Last night it was showing as shipping on 31/03 but this morning they've changed it to 09/04. They've said they were worried people might not have received it by 31/03. Tim Holtz is only in UK at this time and they wanted him to launch the book, which is why they've done it today even though the book is still being printed/just released.
Does anyone remember a TSV only being available on Advanced Orders?

Advanced ordering is becoming more and more regular. They dont want to be left with loads of stock if the thing/item doesn't sell, so they gauge how many orders come through and then put their own order in. Canny !

Also interesting is the obvious size and weight of the Sizzix machine for £158 odd, and yet the p&p was only £4.45 ! oh yes and they would come and pick it up if it didn't suit. How on earth do qvc gauge the p& p for that and yet charge the same for a piece of lightweight jewellery !

Tim Holtz seems a bit of a one trick pony...okay we'll call it a "signature look" in case I'm strung up for crafting heresy. Not remotely tempted in £ or $.

Jude xx

PS "If it's in stock it's online"....bollox!

You get four products as well as the book so when you take that into consideration (I've seen them on the web at around £2.50 each) the price is not unreasonable. I don't understand the uproar about it being on advanced orders, if people don't like that the book will be available on its own from other retailers, nobody is forced to buy.

Advanced ordering is becoming more and more regular. They dont want to be left with loads of stock if the thing/item doesn't sell, so they gauge how many orders come through and then put their own order in. Canny !

Also interesting is the obvious size and weight of the Sizzix machine for £158 odd, and yet the p&p was only £4.45 ! oh yes and they would come and pick it up if it didn't suit. How on earth do qvc gauge the p& p for that and yet charge the same for a piece of lightweight jewellery !

Do you mean the Tim Holtz Vagabond? If so, the p & p is £7.95. However, it weighs a bleedin ton - I know, coz I have got one and it's a mighty bit of kit! But I agree that some pieces of jewellery p & p are not much less!

Tim Holtz seems a bit of a one trick pony...okay we'll call it a "signature look" in case I'm strung up for crafting heresy. Not remotely tempted in £ or $.

Jude xx

PS "If it's in stock it's online"....bollox!

That's bits of rubbish like keys and ****** luggage tags hanging off everything? He described it as Grungey. I describe it as Twee. If this is the "enfant terrible" of crafting then bring back the Bibster!

Do you mean the Tim Holtz Vagabond? If so, the p & p is £7.95. However, it weighs a bleedin ton - I know, coz I have got one and it's a mighty bit of kit! But I agree that some pieces of jewellery p & p are not much less!

Yeah thats the one ! I've just looked on the website, and you're right the pp is £7.95 BUT when it was on earlier today, I particularly looked at the P & P and it deffo said £4.45, which is why I mentioned it.

The book is priced at $25 in the US which is about £15. QVC price £27 and TSV £22. Rip off.

Ad they've clearly dropped a bollock with the stock seeing as its been on advanced orders since the launch show. How many did they actually have in stock I wonder?

This seems to be the case more often than not with products for sale on QVC US v QVC UK. The difference in price with computers is astronomical. If you QVC.COM the prices being charged in comparison to the RRP is great vfm. Although QVC UK does offer good prices, they are nowhere near as good as on QVC US. Currently, $1 is worth £0.63 so, realistically, QVC UK prices should be less than they actually are.

The Tim Holtz range is all one colourway, very dreary and makes it difficult to see the detail.

QVC are also expensive on the Martha Stewart stuff. I was in Florida at the end of Nov and got the caning "punch all over the page" punch for $14, about £8.50 and 8 glitters for $9 (£5.50). Both from a crafting chain store. QVC boast about they buying power...

Latest posts

Back