Queen Liz and Madam Young trying to out talk each other.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is the point showing us a mag article detailing detailing the awards for c&p since the year dot when the formula has changed?

Funnily enough I never really minded LE but my husband couldn't bear when she was on! She is a bit patronising and uppity but then when you actually listen to her talk, she does actually seem to know SOMETHING about ingredients, their uses, function etc which is more than can be said for AY!! Maybe it's time QVC just stopped pairing these two on shows? AY can barely conceal that she doesn't like the range (she often makes comments about the lack of an eye makeup remover for example and hints to it regularly as a nice BASIC range) whereas Liz seems to do far better with say Pippa who just sits there and is enthusiastic - which is surely the role of the presenter? Two giant ego's in the studio at the same time is nothing more than wearing, it's probably not going to help sell products...

My OH hates AY and turns from a plasid easy going husband when she is on an and sceams ' Get her off, jesus she is screaching' poor man can't stand it.

My OH hates AY and turns from a plasid easy going husband when she is on an and sceams ' Get her off, jesus she is screaching' poor man can't stand it.

Mine shouts from his bolt-hole upstairs, "Shut that woman up!"
The cat jumps & I toy with the handset for a bit until things get hysterical all round and then I mute her.
I think I like the build up & the power - to shut him up & Alison in one fell swoop.

Kicking off on FB now, because one of their "spies" has managed to haul her fat hairy leg over our security fence, seen this thread and has promptly gone scuttling back to say that the FB comment about LE being a snooty cow has been posted here "out of context". Someone else is now calling people here on ST.com "morons".

Lets have a handbag fight with FB on sunday!

Last edited:
There were rumours years back about the way LE behaved with men who didn't belong to her ( if you get my drift ) when at morning tv.

As for her & AY, I have always felt they loathe each other. Just seen a clip for last night & my word, yes dosen't HRH Liz look really rough. Wonder if she was sickening for something as she didn't look like that earlier in the day. Have never seen her hair look such a mess & the bags so prominent.:sad:

Last edited:
looks like Q have deleted the negative FB comments about LE and reminded the kids not to post offensive or upsetting comments.

they havent deleted the comments where people on ST.com got called morons though :O)

If LE wants to call her daughter Lily, why not Christen her Lily?
What is the point of having one name for the birth cert and another for real life?
No point registering your child as Ermintrude and then calling them Fred, is there really?

As for unsuitable forum names, there is one I noticed on Bid TV that I thought was in poor taste/unnecessary too....(ends in venables). If that is the person's real name then I sympathise, but if it's not - why use it as a forum name? After all, who in their right mind would use their real name as a forum name in any case, whnich leads me to believe there is a warped mindset behind it.

What is the point of having one name for the birth cert and another for real life?
No point registering your child as Ermintrude and then calling them Fred, is there really?

As for unsuitable forum names, there is one I noticed on Bid TV that I thought was in poor taste/unnecessary too....(ends in venables). If that is the person's real name then I sympathise, but if it's not - why use it as a forum name? After all, who in their right mind would use their real name as a forum name in any case, whnich leads me to believe there is a warped mindset behind it.

I saw that name on ideal world thread, it repulsed me! made me feel physically sick as it does whenever I hear THAT name. If it is someones real name then I am sorry. If someone thinks it's funny to post under that name IT'S NOT! IT'S SICK!!!!

I saw that name on ideal world thread, it repulsed me! made me feel physically sick as it does whenever I hear THAT name. If it is someones real name then I am sorry. If someone thinks it's funny to post under that name IT'S NOT! IT'S SICK!!!!

:doh: I replied to that post: I didn't make the connection.

I'm from Liverpool, and I have family living not far from where Jamie Bulger was taken; his murder really did tear that community to pieces.

I really hope that this isn't some twisted idea of a joke.

Me too HC. It might have been IW and not Bid TV where I saw it, I said nothing and didn't post either.
Wasn't up for having an argument.
I do think something should be done about the name though.
Have messaged Sazza.

Last edited:
Hi everyone:hi: - just my two penneth on Queen Liz.

Obviously, I am a fan of LE and her skincare, although I only use certain products (C/P, Eyebright, IBST, Eye Repair, Hand Repair and occasionally OF Bodywash and Foot Repair. I have always liked her calm manner (as opposed to AY's screeching) and found her intelligent and genuine - which, perhaps, puts me in the minority on here - but I can't comment on whether she's changed as I don't bother watching her much on QVC now except for TSV videos online. I agree she didn't look her best on Saturday but I don't think she's ever claimed her skincare is as good as a facelift. Also, she didn't seem as enthusiastic as usual. I'm wondering if her relationship with QVC will soon come to an end because, in my opinion, she's been clever and used shopping channel to launch company but now she has so many more options with shops and outlets in JL etc. Q needs her more than she needs them.

TBH, I don't know why any regular buyers purchase from QVC when you get a better deal direct with one amount P&P and a complementary gift. I only buy TSVs now and sell bits on eBay that I don't need. As other posts mentioned the monthly regime with free P&P are good value. When you order direct, I like how everything comes wrapped in tissue as it makes receiving order a bit more special and if you buy at Christmas you often get a free full-size Skin Repair or C/P.

I suppose we all have opinions but we can't really claim to know her from appearances on telly and those of you who don't like her could be right and I could be wrong! I really wish she'd remained independant and not sold out to Avon but difficult to say what we'd do if offerred X amount of money and chance to maybe retire early.

I don't see what's wrong with a child having a 'formal' name and being known day to day as something slightly different by friends and family? It's not really any different than a person being called something like Elizabeth and being known as Liz or Beth or Libby, or maybe being called Charlotte and being known as Lottie...?

I don't see what's wrong with a child having a 'formal' name and being known day to day as something slightly different by friends and family? It's not really any different than a person being called something like Elizabeth and being known as Liz or Beth or Libby, or maybe being called Charlotte and being known as Lottie...?

I agree. Can't see anything wrong in that at all.

Charlotte, Lottie, Lilian, Lily - yes I can see those, but Lily is nothing like Amaryllis.

(and Amaryllis is pretentious and hideous imho - poor kid!)

Now now, looked what hapened when JR passed comment on children's names!

Latest posts

Back