Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I often see something on QVC that I want to try and so buy it from eBay. I never want huge sets of anything but can usually source a single item that I’ve seen in a set on eBay …. and it works out cheaper because I’ll use it.

I also like the fact you can pay via PayPal which gives added protection, as well as being able to collect Nectar points. Their refunds, via PayPal, are far faster than QVC’s as well.
Me too, I often check Ebay after seeing something on Q I like the look of. There was a RL shirt I quite fancied, one of her older pieces, but there was no way I was going to pay over £50 for it, eventually I found one on Ebay in my size in new condition. I bought it, and I think I paid about a tenner plus a couple of quid in postage. Although it's a fairly decent garment, there is no way it's worth any where near the asking price.
Occasionally Q will come up with an well priced electrical item (as in the same price as other retailers) and they'll usually throw in a few extras which is good, then add on a rather high p&p charge (not so good). Yes, when you think about the extras, you'd still pay less than you would buying them separately elsewhere, but first consider - do you really need them? Is it worth having to shell out the money in one hit, or be paying a substantial sum of money for the next three months on ez pay? On the whole, it's probably better to purchase elsewhere and get more favourable terms.
Due to their general high prices, ridiculous postage and packaging charges on every item and general slipshod behaviour when it comes to delivery/returns and taking money from your account before you're expecting them to, it's a place you'd only want to use every now and again - unless you're brainwashed (sorry) into thinking it's the only shop in the world!

Qurio ho ho! I know I shouldn't look, and I shouldn't mock but I think I'm addicted to this crazy app. It costs me nowt and most definitely stops me being tempted to buy stuff I don't need.
Shirley has presented a video assuring those members who don't post, that the reviewers have nothing to do with QVC as in they're not paid or given goods free to demonstrate - My sweet, QVC don't give 2 :poop::poop: and haven't done for quite a while, and probably wouldn't even 🚿 on you if you caught fire. She followed this up with a demo for a "quick make up" which was done after giving an exhaustive list of Q products she'd slapped on before she'd even applied a single dab of foundation - I think I lost count at 5. What a flamin' palaver!
Someone had commented that it was a refreshing change to see Q selling stuff that normal people would buy instead of the usual expensive clothes etc. On the whole this comment was taken in good grace, but certainly lit the blue touch paper for a couple of them. In fact one felt that such negativity was sad and how they'd bought a couple of £300 bistro sets - expensive, but doesn't make her less than normal -then went onto say that there's nothing wrong with showing others what you've bought, and that Qurio is a happy place for the addicts - Well that's true!
Erika's bought a couple of rolls of (non paper) paper towels - well that's interesting. I wonder if anyone would be interested to see the drain unblocker I bought from Robert Dyas? Probably not, however if I'd bought it from Q then it might be a different story!

Hello(deep breath) are you okay Qurio lovers!
Just a quick message all the reviews on Qurio are from real people,no freebies no other incentives given out.
Rest assured anyone spending £300.00 pounds or more is still a normal person,not since the influencer flounced off,after being caught trying to flog an expensive gadget,has their been an issue with the integrity on this app.
Deep sigh have to go now my Qurios keep spending and waiting for the post man 📦 🚚

I know it's probably high time I put this to bed, but just a quick and hopefully last post on here. The heads up. - Hyacinth is back and buying and I mean buying - Five parcels in one hit and another one on the way. Two of the parcels she said were Christmas wreaths!!! I mean really?!!!! She did a demo of a couple of Harry slakin reed diffusers that worked out at about £13 each when you factor in postage and she thought they were a proper bargain - I beg to differ! Anyhow I have to say that the cruise has seemed to have taken years off her appearance but she apologised for looking a bit rough cause she had no make up on - she looked great imo but there you go! Another poster is worried that Qurio might be on the way out and has said "is it just me but is Qurio still part of QVC as they never mention it and there's no link on the website, actually there is so they couldn't have looked very hard, but for what it's worth I think it'll only peter out when the few loyal followers left behind decide they can't be bothered any more. Cardboard's bought a couple of bars of soap for £30 😲 they come in small cardboard boxes so obviously worth it!
Me? I treated myself to a bottle of Matey bubble bath as it was on offer at work - bubbles up nicely, has a delicious smell of apple but hey give me the old one that stunk of chemicals, turned the water bright blue and cleaned the bath too!

I've been tracking a torch order, it eventually arrived at the RM hub somewhere in the midlands and was supposedly on its way, and expected the next day.

Next time I looked, it was in BELFAST !!!
I was waiting for an order from Amazon once. It arrived on the specified date but on tracking that had been in about 5 different parts of England on its way.If I remember it set off from Birmingham and went to Romford at some point ,we live in South Yorkshire ,😂very strange.
I've had things from Amazon shipped from Spain that once arrived at UK customs I received it the next day!!

I've been tracking a torch order, it eventually arrived at the RM hub somewhere in the midlands and was supposedly on its way, and expected the next day.

Next time I looked, it was in BELFAST !!!
Not to worry you. But there is a place near the docks where RM send stuff not allowed through the post and destroy.

I ordered a book from Amazon about two years ago, and it was shipped from their warehouse in Scotland and then disappeared, never to be seen again. They did replace it very quickly.

So here is Hyacinth having returned to claim her throne.Not the best organised I have to say H in the Christmas wreath ‘presentation’ but we get the gist,(sorry I nodded off ) but I am primed and ready for the next opening of the box.I am of a nervous disposition so perhaps a smaller knife or blunt object, please?Just one thing that does concern me greatly with the ‘stars’ of Qurio where do they store all this stuff ( sorry savvy purchases) and how much makeup and skincare can one face take?

So here is Hyacinth having returned to claim her throne.Not the best organised I have to say H in the Christmas wreath ‘presentation’ but we get the gist,(sorry I nodded off ) but I am primed and ready for the next opening of the box.I am of a nervous disposition so perhaps a smaller knife or blunt object, please?Just one thing that does concern me greatly with the ‘stars’ of Qurio where do they store all this stuff ( sorry savvy purchases) and how much makeup and skincare can one face take?
Silver fox, I was just about to post with the same thoughts! Where on God's earth is she keeping it all? A lock up??? Large shed?? Container?? I'd really love to know 😏

Silver fox, I was just about to post with the same thoughts! Where on God's earth is she keeping it all? A lock up??? Large shed?? Container?? I'd really love to know 😏
Better idea, leave it in QVC‘s warehouse in the first place and put the money saved to a few more World Cruises.The constant changing of makeup/ skincare addicts can set up a rival store to Boots and save their skins having an identity crisis.

These people over a certain age mostly ( except cardboard) fit the demographic target audience for selling stuff to.
You can’t blame QVC all the time nobody forces them to buy the tat.
Starting to feel that some of them just need comfort buying,it makes them happy in themselves.The only thing which is wrong are the heads-up merchants who encourage overspending on Qurio, because they are shopaholics again easy targets because they cannot help themselves.

These people over a certain age mostly ( except cardboard) fit the demographic target audience for selling stuff to.
You can’t blame QVC all the time nobody forces them to buy the tat.
Starting to feel that some of them just need comfort buying,it makes them happy in themselves.The only thing which is wrong are the heads-up merchants who encourage overspending on Qurio, because they are shopaholics again easy targets because they cannot help themselves.
There's a few levels of QVC shopping that I don't understand - I've highlighted the word tat because not everything they sell is tat, far from it, but they usually charge top dollar, even without the extras, thus making other retailers a much better option. When it comes to fashion with a few exceptions, it seems well made but it is all so horrendously overpriced. I get being able to have things delivered to your door that you can try on and return if you're not happy, but mail order catalogues offer that choice too and will let you order more than one size for fit and it costs nothing extra. Imagine doing that at Q? They wouldn't even give you a reduction in postage because the size is different, it would cost a small fortune.
Now on the the pure tat, ornaments, trinkets, battery operated plastic gadgets, novelty biscuit barrels, garish xmas decs - A good old fashioned waste of money. It's not even about the money any more, the number of contributors have literally bombed, possibly because of the cost of living crisis, possibly because they've simply seen the light. Those still hanging onto the driftwood obviously aren't feeling the pinch so I no longer worry how it could impact them financially - I simply do not understand the desire to own so much "stuff"

Oh dear Hyacinth - well at least you got 1/2 price p&p on your second (beyond tacky Xmas candleholder. She told us she’s just had a good spend and has so many parcels she doesn’t know what’s what. I’d love to know why she keeps on buying all this stuff, especially Xmas stuff when she’s shown us over the past couple of years that she’s already got enough to open her own shop! It’s an illness, it’s got to be. Could a lot of it be the thrill of expecting a parcel through the post? Does the actual unboxing give a buzz? I’ll admit it myself when I was spending silly on the shopping channels that quite often I got more pleasure from knowing an order was on its way than I got from the product itself when it arrived. I am so glad I managed to put a stop to it.
I guess I could ask her why in the comments but I know it would be met with anger- I sincerely hope that her purchases make her happy. I’m sure some of them do, but it seems to me it’s like a constant itch that never goes away and that can’t be good!

If there is a buzz from ordering, the postman’s arrival and the unboxing wouldn’t you look around one day and question ‘what on earth possessed me’?There is only so much a property can absorb or a bank balance can support.

If there is a buzz from ordering, the postman’s arrival and the unboxing wouldn’t you look around one day and question ‘what on earth possessed me’?There is only so much a property can absorb or a bank balance can support.
Clearly not in this case - or not yet!!! This lady is not living alone and her husband has to live with all this chintzy clutter, perhaps he loves it too . I know I’m generalising but I really can’t imagine this sort of thing appealing to many fellas. Could he be turning a blind eye? though that’d be a stretch as one would have to be completely blind to be able to ignore that lot!

Latest posts

Back