Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think what started as a little banter and shock of how much a few Qurio ladies were spending has turned into something I find uncomfortable to comment on ladies appearance like eye bags and horrible yellow nails and their appearance this forum has gone off track and has crossed the line into a kind of bullying we all commented at the beginning about the competition between a couple of ladies trying to outdo each other with their reviews me included but to attack how they look is wrong just imagine how they would feel if they have read this ,what started off as a bit of a giggle has gone completely the other way most comments are about their looks ,I expect a big backlash from a couple of you but Maybetrytobenicer is right
I'll be surprised if you do get any backlash as imo this forum is a place where people can post their opinions, and if people disagree it is done politely and respectfully. Even the most heated of exchanges are usually resolved by simply agreeing to disagree, and that's what I love about our forum. I agree with the post in essence, of course it's better to be kind to one another. Hands up, I've said some of the unkind things in this thread myself and it's not because I want to be nasty, it's because I have gotten carried away with the soap opera nature this thread has become. I will say, that these comments have jolted me and I most certainly will remember not to be gratuitously unkind and to be a little more considerate in my postings. Over the years, the presenters have received a huge amount of critisism, including personal comments, and those who have disagreed have on the whole been able to put their point across without being shouted down or insulted, and it's extremely rare to find regular posters attacking or insulting others, although I believe it has happened recently on a different thread. I didn't agree with MTTBN's post in it's entirety, but I agree with their overall message. I certainly don't want to make any of my fellow forumites feel uncomfortable with what I write, and I'm happy to be called out when I've overstepped the mark. As I said before, despite the "soap opera" that this thread has become, there crux of it is about an extremely worrying addiction and this is worthy of discussion. I hope we can still have a bit off a giggle as you said, for my part I'll try not to get too carried away and forget the basic respect that people (well most people) deserve.

I wouldn’t be on here if I thought there was a real feeling of insult and derogatory comments, there is nobody more sensitive than old SF ( & don’t anyone dare to call me old!)some comments may be not to my taste but that is it, I can honestly say I I have been around here for years they have been few and far between.In fact the opposite when I have gone through difficult times the messages I have received from others here have been sensitive and helped me on my way.

I will be the first to admit I commented on hyacinths eyebags ,( that is the only comment I've made on someone's appearance) but it wasn't meant maliciously,it was just this woman spends a fortune on skincare and boasts about her great skin ,it just made me think of Catherine Tate,or little Britain ,it's the sort of sketch they would do .However,this particular reviewer is very self obsessed ,she even commented " I hope this war doesn't escalate as my cruise may get cancelled " wtf ! Such a selfish attitude,yes I was being sarcastic n bitchy in my "eyebag " comment ,but it was just meant as a humorous observation. I am an adult with a sense of humour and admit to looking at quorio for my amusement ,it is like a soap opera ,it is at times ****** hilarious ,and I will continue to comment as I see fit ,too much political correctness in this world ,I am kind thank you ,but I am also human

I'll be surprised if you do get any backlash as imo this forum is a place where people can post their opinions, and if people disagree it is done politely and respectfully. Even the most heated of exchanges are usually resolved by simply agreeing to disagree, and that's what I love about our forum. I agree with the post in essence, of course it's better to be kind to one another. Hands up, I've said some of the unkind things in this thread myself and it's not because I want to be nasty, it's because I have gotten carried away with the soap opera nature this thread has become. I will say, that these comments have jolted me and I most certainly will remember not to be gratuitously unkind and to be a little more considerate in my postings. Over the years, the presenters have received a huge amount of critisism, including personal comments, and those who have disagreed have on the whole been able to put their point across without being shouted down or insulted, and it's extremely rare to find regular posters attacking or insulting others, although I believe it has happened recently on a different thread. I didn't agree with MTTBN's post in it's entirety, but I agree with their overall message. I certainly don't want to make any of my fellow forumites feel uncomfortable with what I write, and I'm happy to be called out when I've overstepped the mark. As I said before, despite the "soap opera" that this thread has become, there crux of it is about an extremely worrying addiction and this is worthy of discussion. I hope we can still have a bit off a giggle as you said, for my part I'll try not to get too carried away and forget the basic respect that people (well most people) deserve.
I think
I'll be surprised if you do get any backlash as imo this forum is a place where people can post their opinions, and if people disagree it is done politely and respectfully. Even the most heated of exchanges are usually resolved by simply agreeing to disagree, and that's what I love about our forum. I agree with the post in essence, of course it's better to be kind to one another. Hands up, I've said some of the unkind things in this thread myself and it's not because I want to be nasty, it's because I have gotten carried away with the soap opera nature this thread has become. I will say, that these comments have jolted me and I most certainly will remember not to be gratuitously unkind and to be a little more considerate in my postings. Over the years, the presenters have received a huge amount of critisism, including personal comments, and those who have disagreed have on the whole been able to put their point across without being shouted down or insulted, and it's extremely rare to find regular posters attacking or insulting others, although I believe it has happened recently on a different thread. I didn't agree with MTTBN's post in it's entirety, but I agree with their overall message. I certainly don't want to make any of my fellow forumites feel uncomfortable with what I write, and I'm happy to be called out when I've overstepped the mark. As I said before, despite the "soap opera" that this thread has become, there crux of it is about an extremely worrying addiction and this is worthy of discussion. I hope we can still have a bit off a giggle as you said, for my part I'll try not to get too carried away and forget the basic respect
Thanks to everyone who replied to my first post and fair enough, I’ll take the lesson that first time posters shouldn’t go full Oprah !! I should have highlighted more that I have seen genuine concern in the posts. I just don’t like the insults, can’t lie.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my first post and fair enough, I’ll take the lesson that first time posters shouldn’t go full Oprah !! I should have highlighted more that I have seen genuine concern in the posts. I just don’t like the insults, can’t lie.
I don’t know why there were comments on you being a newbie and your username what gives the others the right to attack other womens looks and when you mentioned this the oldies tried to put you in your place because it was your first post I say well done you 👏🏻 School bullies come to mind it’s the same on qvc forum laughing at the presenters looks and surprise surprise it’s the same people we all like a gossip and a moan but some women are downright mean

I think

I don’t know why there were comments on you being a newbie and your username what gives the others the right to attack other womens looks and when you mentioned this the oldies tried to put you in your place because it was your first post I say well done you 👏🏻 School bullies come to mind it’s the same on qvc forum laughing at the presenters looks and surprise surprise it’s the same people we all like a gossip and a moan but some women are downright mean
Come on Cazza, why this incendiary post now?

I hesitated downloading the app as I don’t do that kind of thing.
I did eventually to have a look because I couldn’t understand from some earlier posts what actually was going on, as it seemed strange what was seeming to be posted.
I’ve commented that the presenters are seemingly desperate to get viewers on to Qurio and their explanations don’t seem to match the reality.

Comments I’ve made I feel cover that and also what few I looked at when I checked the things that stood out at the time.
That from a hygienic point of view a bathroom video shocked me and the inappropriate showing of cleavage. Plus also one from the buyer commenting how an item of clothing didn’t look good on and didn’t show her figure off to its best. Yet people were commenting how nice it looked, to me that seemed strange and not genuine.

At the end of the day IMHO this Qurio business however it maybe sold by the adverts, presenters spiel and from customers who post, it’s still primarily a way of QVCUK using folk to try to boost sales end of!!!

If QVCUK were that considerate of the customer, their shopping experience, any future customers and the Q community, they would IMHO firstly sort out their web site. Boosting interaction that way with a proper considered review system, and a revision of the question/answer section of it.

You only need look at other major UK brand web sites say for instance Argos who include reviews and an excellent question/answer section.
Dunelm were customers are encouraged to genuinely review and add pictures to their reviews.
I’ve found the customers photos invaluable to actually see item in both daylight and nighttime settings, rather than just the stock brochure type photos.
You can go on…..

I think Q messed the Qurio app up big time. They had a vision, but weren't prepared to put any effort into realising their vision... not exactly a surprise, unfortunately.
During all the covid lockdowns this forum, this community was a lifeline for many of us.
Do we sometimes come across as negative, I'm sure we do... but if we only look for the negative, that's what we will find when we look on here. Equally, if we only focus on the positive, to me it feels false.
I hope Q can get a grip on Qurio and transform it into a more worthwhile social space.
I'd also like Q to get a grip on their TV channels, their website and some of the presenters' behaviour... but I doubt they will.
My solution is to watch a lot less Q.
I can do without the snide comments of some presenters, the tedious family stories of others... so when I do watch I can hopefully find something more positive in their efforts.
I'm glad that a perception that we are down on Q hasn't prevented some new blood from joining the fray, so welcome to our newer members. Have at it. The joy of contrasting opinions is that they make us stop and think, and reassess . But let's continue to have a laugh and be our true selves.

I think that Qurio would be better if more customers put their reviews on it, instead of the small number that do. By only having a few reviewers it makes it seem like a private platform, or that’s my impression of it anyway.

Mind you, there’s no way I’d appear on screen reviewing a product anyway. I tend to read the reviews on the website …. and then try to source the item more cheaply elsewhere. 😉

Dear Cazza, no a nerve has not been touched because I have endured so much more than silly comments.I am saying goodbye because this is not my thing at all, I thank all who have become my ‘friends‘ in cyber space and all the positive comments over the years.No please it is not just because of some comments which have been challenging ,everyone has a chance to express themselves and that is what life is about.For me I have to withdraw, my decision not because someone has disagreed with me, heaven I worked within industries which make anything here look like a picnic! But because I choose to.

Oh dear here we go touched a nerve have i
But ?I have not attacked the woman’s appearance have i so don’t compare my posts to yours ,very childish

Dear Cazza, no a nerve has not been touched because I have endured so much more than silly comments.I am saying goodbye because this is not my thing at all, I thank all who have become my ‘friends‘ in cyber space and all the positive comments over the years.No please it is not just because of some comments which have been challenging ,everyone has a chance to express themselves and that is what life is about.For me I have to withdraw, my decision not because someone has disagreed with me, heaven I worked within industries which make anything here look like a picnic! But because I choose to.
What about the poor women that have been insulted about their appearance no thought for them just yourself

What about the poor women that have been insulted about their appearance no thought for them just yourself
Why bring up a comment I made about Marla Wynne I wasn’t insulting anyone just said I was fed up of seeing it on qvc so don’t compare my posts to yours not at all the same

Don’t turn their guilt on to yourself you have said nothing wrong very clique gang on this forum if you don’t follow the leader you are not in the gang it’s pathetic really

But ?I have not attacked the woman’s appearance have i so don’t compare my posts to yours ,very childish
Don’t turn their guilt on to yourself you have said nothing wrong very clique gang on this forum if you don’t follow the leader you are not in the gang it’s pathetic really
It would appear Cazza that YOU want to be the leader of the gang. Go right ahead. Maybe you're the one being childish and pathetic here? What is it? You can throw bigger insults to the forum than we can at Qurio?

CC

Latest posts

Back