Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She said the shape was wrong for her because she hasn’t got a waist and is a square shape (her words not mine.)

She also had QVC on in the background. I think a few of the others have had that on in their videos as well. Maybe they haven’t realised that there is more than one channel on televisions. 🙄
I think it’s time to suggest to her that with all the money she’s got to waste on “hit and miss fashion’ she could pay for a personal stylist- Not Stine though, eh?!!

Nicola has already established that she is not the shape for a waisted garment so she orders a dress which has little else going for it other than a bit of fabric to tie and emphasise the waist she doesn’t have! Already vastly, & I mean vastly, overpriced plus £3.95 to state what you already know plus at least as much again to return.QVC must love these people raking in the p&p costs never mind the profit on garments that are worth pence.

Even at the height of my Q spending I wasn’t THAT stupid!
Me neither, but I’ve kinda gone completely the other way now, but to be honest I’m happier that way. Luckily all the clothes I’ve got at the moment are in good nick and will only be replaced when necessary. I often see clothes that I like the look of but will resist’cause I don’t need more, and since I’ve whittled my wardrobe down to things I really like, I’m all good. Even when I was spending silly, I would chide myself for buying useless/disappointing things, but I just carried on. This resulted in my having a mish mash of tangled and creased clothes and cupboards full of useless junk, a low bank balance and credit card bills coming out of my ears - I was definitely in arrears lol! I prefer saving a bit these days and buying decent/pricier items outright. It’s all very well picking up loads of little and bobs for £15 here and there but it all adds up, especially if you shop with Q and have all those extra charges that are there to see but you choose to ignore- it’s simply stupid!

I think, for some of us, what the Qurio contributors are reminding ourselves of is our earlier incarnations as Q customers: an absence of critical thinking and over-purchasing.
Eventually they, too, will come to their senses, ready for the next wave... if Q can survive in the ever-changing world of e-tailing.
At least we had a larger proportion of purchases which were better quality or at least interesting/different.

Me neither, but I’ve kinda gone completely the other way now, but to be honest I’m happier that way. Luckily all the clothes I’ve got at the moment are in good nick and will only be replaced when necessary. I often see clothes that I like the look of but will resist’cause I don’t need more, and since I’ve whittled my wardrobe down to things I really like, I’m all good. Even when I was spending silly, I would chide myself for buying useless/disappointing things, but I just carried on. This resulted in my having a mish mash of tangled and creased clothes and cupboards full of useless junk, a low bank balance and credit card bills coming out of my ears - I was definitely in arrears lol! I prefer saving a bit these days and buying decent/pricier items outright. It’s all very well picking up loads of little and bobs for £15 here and there but it all adds up, especially if you shop with Q and have all those extra charges that are there to see but you choose to ignore- it’s simply stupid!
Hyacinth seems to have been buying quite a lot of things that have been reduced. It’s not a bargain if you don’t need it.

Also how many times does she say erm in her videos 😂?

We have all bought things we don’t need/want but has it impacted hugely if at all on your life finances? Me? Well money been spent on other things? Yes but put me into debt? No. Why I would need an arm full of Lola R? Or trunks costing over £70 but had no use for? Or simply another set of nail files for my mobile home ( haven’t even got one) well the answer is ? Simply No, not because I am Ms Perfect but perhaps I simply don’t want to waste my hard earned cash.

Yesterday Ann was presented on screen with the Qurio advert to invite viewers to join.
Well then she started off by describing it as it was QVC building a new community and got into a bit of pickle.
By the sounds of it, it didn’t come across as she really had any idea of how it’s working in reality.
She was harping on about people discussing all about QVC, asking questions, talking about what they liked about QVC and helping others with stuff, sounded from her description it being much like an open forum.
But the QVC building a new community bit seemed to cause somewhat of a joke from in the gallery.
I think they then decided to flash up the advert for Ann to invite more QVC viewers to Qurio on a few more occasions.
Even gardening/DIY guest Tommy Cross made some comment about wanting to join Ann’s new community.

Yesterday Ann was presented on screen with the Qurio advert to invite viewers to join.
Well then she started off by describing it as it was QVC building a new community and got into a bit of pickle.
By the sounds of it, it didn’t come across as she really had any idea of how it’s working in reality.
She was harping on about people discussing all about QVC, asking questions, talking about what they liked about QVC and helping others with stuff, sounded from her description it being much like an open forum.
But the QVC building a new community bit seemed to cause somewhat of a joke from in the gallery.
I think they then decided to flash up the advert for Ann to invite more QVC viewers to Qurio on a few more occasions.
Even gardening/DIY guest Tommy Cross made some comment about wanting to join Ann’s new community.
Oh good lord!!!

Oh good lord , hyacinth is "reviewing " a doll 10 concealer today ,she " got £5 off as a condolence " !! she bought it cos she liked the look of applicator !! Pmsl
She was surprised how small it was but doesn’t she realise 10ml is only a couple of teaspoons of product? Also her colour was reduced so she went a shade darker, as it will be ok for holidays. Talk about justifying wasting money.

What is a condolence in that sense when it’s at home! Surely it’s not one of the we have missed you fivers they give out now again to those who haven’t purchased since pussy was a kitten?
She had one of the heated throws that was recalled and she got £5 compensation as well as the refund. Thank god the throw didn’t catch fire considering the amount of synthetic fibres chez Hyacinth!

Earlier after Ann again there was Pipa jumping to the popping up of the Qurio advert. She was saying the app was developed at the end of last summer, so still in its early stages she said, and was encouraging viewers to join up.
Now just Qurio yet again, with this time Catherine Huntley geeing up folk to get on board with the app.
So perhaps there’s been an email circulated to the presenters to work at getting viewers converted over to Qurio.

Latest posts

Back