QVC Outlet - Birchwood

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

we're off to visit rellies this week, so we're having a day out by train ~ calling at qvc in the morning, then back to piccadilly to hop on a tram to the lowry outlet mall at salford quays :D

Ooh now then, is it easy to get to Salford Quays from Piccadilly via train/tram? I've never actually been. I could add it to Birchwood and the Arndale and do three lots of shopping in one day :clapping:

we're off to visit rellies this week, so we're having a day out by train ~ calling at qvc in the morning, then back to piccadilly to hop on a tram to the lowry outlet mall at salford quays :D

My son lives at Salford Quays so I'm in the Lowry Outlet Mall all the time. There is a good M&S outlet there as well as various other shops, but the main one for me is Molton Brown. It's pot luck what they have but it's all current stock and there is always a tester. The staff are lovely too. If you intend to go to the Lowry often, then sign up for a Premier Club card at Customer Services (it's free) on the ground floor and when it arrives, you get free parking (whether you buy anything or not) and an extra 10% off in the shops and restaurants.

Ooh now then, is it easy to get to Salford Quays from Piccadilly via train/tram? I've never actually been. I could add it to Birchwood and the Arndale and do three lots of shopping in one day :clapping:

it looks pretty easy, trams to the quays are every 12 mins, but it looks like it might involve a tiny walk to the centre from the tram stop ~ I'll keep you posted :D

My son lives at Salford Quays so I'm in the Lowry Outlet Mall all the time. There is a good M&S outlet there as well as various other shops, but the main one for me is Molton Brown. It's pot luck what they have but it's all current stock and there is always a tester. The staff are lovely too. If you intend to go to the Lowry often, then sign up for a Premier Club card at Customer Services (it's free) on the ground floor and when it arrives, you get free parking (whether you buy anything or not) and an extra 10% off in the shops and restaurants.

Got my 25% off voucher for Chiquito at the ready too ~ ridiculously excited about that lol

it looks pretty easy, trams to the quays are every 12 mins, but it looks like it might involve a tiny walk to the centre from the tram stop ~ I'll keep you posted :D

If you get off the tram at the new Media City stop, the outlet mall is literally a 30 second walk.

Got my 25% off voucher for Chiquito at the ready too ~ ridiculously excited about that lol

Chiquito is a bit of a trek by foot from the outlet shops. In the mall itself there is a Pizza Express, Cafe Rouge, Bella Italia and Pond Quay (a Chinese), as well as a fast food court. :pizza:

If you're going after Birchwood I'd get off the train at Oxford Road, walk to St Peter's Square and catch the Eccles tram to the Lowry. That's my plan when I go lol. Bit of a walk from the tram stop to the Lowery.

Enjoy your shopping experiences in & around Manchester & Salford! The Lowry Theatre is also a good eating spot.I was thinking of moving from the Manchester area but really these is so much to see/do/shop within 10 miles of home.( am staying put for the foreseeable future!) Will give the QVC outlet a try as it's s short hop along M62.Is it near M&S & Ikea?

Enjoy your shopping experiences in & around Manchester & Salford! The Lowry Theatre is also a good eating spot.I was thinking of moving from the Manchester area but really these is so much to see/do/shop within 10 miles of home.( am staying put for the foreseeable future!) Will give the QVC outlet a try as it's s short hop along M62.Is it near M&S & Ikea?

No, they are in Gemini. QVC is in Birchwood shopping centre (off junction 11 of the M62).

The QVC shop is too small for a retail park - it's about the same size as an Ethel Austin shop! If you drive there park near Aldi, Argos and Pets at Home .

:wait:

A huge tip if your able to stretch your trip to Shrewsbury you'll be a lot more sucessful in your shopping, their staff actually want to sell you stock.

:flower:

Are there any clothes shops at Birchwood since I dont fancy any Centigrade/any other rags from QVC?

If you get off the tram at the new Media City stop, the outlet mall is literally a 30 second walk.

Sorry I missed this before BM. I don't visit often and it shows - last time it was the harbour city stop lol:blush:

Bags - You temptress :grin: I'd have to do the Brother Cadfael walk as well as QVC :sun:

Forgot to add to my other post visiting Shrewsbury which I hadn't for aprox 6 months I was shocked at the difference to Birchwood.
I spoke with a local shopper who when she heard I normally visited Birchwood she said she'd heard that QVC are going to close the store and just have Shrewsbury.
If that is correct I'm sad but now seeing both stores I'm not at all shocked.
I don't know if it's anything to do with their cancelled move out of the centre to an outside development.
Sadly if Birchwood could be run like Shrewsbury perhaps it could be the same, as there really does appear the customers to buy.

:thinking:

What a useful thread this has turned out to be. Shall delve a bit further now before I decide on my train journey!!

:wait:

A huge tip if your able to stretch your trip to Shrewsbury you'll be a lot more sucessful in your shopping, their staff actually want to sell you stock.

:flower:

I may get lost if I try that. Not too confident on getting to Warrington by myself either. Got lost once getting the train to Preston and that's just 2 stops down the line! :giggle:

I'm really not with it today! But if the Birchwood train stops at Deansgate you can change there for the tram to the Lowry.

Latest posts

Back