QVC's Skin Care Sales Problem

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Just thinking out loud really but just recently seeing certain presenters under eye areas, foreheads and necks.
This isn't a criticism like us all they aren't getting any younger, but with the forthcoming HD these will only become more visible, as a good deal of the presenters are of a similar age.
Whilst with the nature of aging this isn't normally such a problem and I'm not saying surgery or likewise should be considered.
The only problem is how will anti aging skin care selling be done, when clearly those presenting are clearly aging?

:wonder:

Im hoping a number of them will take a good look at themeselves on HD and do us all a favour by leaving and making way for some fresh presenters!

I'd rather purchase anti ageing products from 'real' women closer to my own age rather than face tight twenty-somethings. At least if any presenter tells us they do use certain products regularly and their faces don't look as good as the products claim, we can make a more informed decision as to whether to buy :happy:

I'd rather purchase anti ageing products from 'real' women closer to my own age rather than face tight twenty-somethings. At least if any presenter tells us they do use certain products regularly and their faces don't look as good as the products claim, we can make a more informed decision as to whether to buy :happy:

Couldn't agree with you more and I'm rather put off by someone who's clearly had a face lift or what ever.
Though wrongly I could be missing out on something which could be highly suitable to my skin.

As for the presenters are they going to be allowed to say they use a certain product, claiming it's been developed do a certain thing, when clearly it's not doing it for them.

But what do people actually expect from anti aging products? There is no cure for wrinkles, they will happen, age will catch up with you, unless you use cosmetic surgery. So what can anyone reasonable expect from skin care apart from keeping your skin moisturized or hide wrinkles (very small ones) for a few hours? or disguise things as much as possible with make up?

These creams dont work, its all in the genes. I have quite good skin for my age, thats thanks to my mum. Her sisters have good skin too. I use aloe vera every morning, which a lot less money than all the creams sold on QVC. I saw some anti ageing stuff the other day on QVC (cant remember the name) it was something like £160. At that price I felt that they could have given free P&P, but thats another story.

QVC US had been in HD for a year or more. They have Laura Geller etc on same as us. Funny no one on the communty boards seem worried saying Laura and Bobbi Brown are real women.

Looking around the beauty counters in my local big department store last week I was looking at the salesgirls representing each brand to see if they were good adverts for them.Now I know that just because they work for a company doesn't always mean they use their stuff,but by far the worst reps were the ones on the EL counter,all four of them. it did make me think that I wouldn't even consider that brand if they were anything to go by. who on qvc do you think is a good advert for their brand?

Just to give away a secret about sales assistances. Sometimes they don't actually use the brand they are sell.:nod: Oh yes, I know people who use a different brand because the one they sell does not agree with them. Or in one case she likes a different brand product better.

Just thinking out loud really but just recently seeing certain presenters under eye areas, foreheads and necks.
This isn't a criticism like us all they aren't getting any younger, but with the forthcoming HD these will only become more visible, as a good deal of the presenters are of a similar age.
Whilst with the nature of aging this isn't normally such a problem and I'm not saying surgery or likewise should be considered.
The only problem is how will anti aging skin care selling be done, when clearly those presenting are clearly aging?

:wonder:

If the skin care is as effective as they would have us believe, we ought to be able to witness the results.

Are we like the US so preoccupied with aging? I SPEND on skincare & the rest to try & look my best I can for my age ( mid 60's) but I let my hair go it's natural grey & my skin is in good nic ( thanks to my parents!)I sometime feel 'invisible' when looking around beauty departments as though a lot of the sales people are not interested.When I go over to the continent I feel as though I am still a person and not someone who is 'past it' whatever that is!

But maybe the QVC products do work and if they didn't use them the presenters would look older.

They might be wokring a treat. I think most of the presenters look really good and have nice skin, there is one female presenter who seems to have aged a lot around her neck and jaw line but other than that I'd say compared to me they are pretty good adverts or maybe I just look really realllllllly bad (I have had a hard life though :blush:) ooo I don't buy QVC beauty either.
Silverfox i wish I was invisible sometimes , when i walk around dept beauty store sections I'm pretty much always asked if I want to test out touche eclat - how rude!!!!!

Last edited:
But maybe the QVC products do work and if they didn't use them the presenters would look older.

They might be wokring a treat. I think most of the presenters look really good and have nice skin, there is one female presenter who seems to have aged a lot around her neck and jaw line but other than that I'd say compared to me they are pretty good adverts or maybe I just look really realllllllly bad (I have had a hard life though :blush:) ooo I don't buy QVC beauty either.
Silverfox i wish I was invisible sometimes , when i walk around dept beauty store sections I'm pretty much always asked if I want to test out touche eclat - how rude!!!!!

According to AY recently whilst on with MD hair products when he started to talk about watching something on TV about botox.
Alison took over the conversation being very vocal saying a lot of presenters have been having botox, but excluded herself and Julia who she said is a natural beauty.

According to AY recently whilst on with MD hair products when he started to talk about watching something on TV about botox.
Alison took over the conversation being very vocal saying a lot of presenters have been having botox, but excluded herself and Julia who she said is a natural beauty.

ok so that would account for lack of wrinkles but not necessarily nice skin - maybe that's the make up then lol

no bertie botox for me - I'm too scared!! I react to my own shadow never mind anything else :)

Is it possible that layering seventeen different products on ones skin every day can eventually take its toll...?

I'm quite aware that genetics play a massive part, and there's nothing one can do about that, but I'm sure I heard AY say ages ago that moisturising oily skin eventually "trains" it to produce less oil; does that mean that dry-skinned people are wasting time and a good deal of money on slavering serums and moisturiser on twice a day?

That'll go down like a shite sandwich with the old Beauty Sales Department......!

Jinny x

She is talking out of her ar*e on this one. Jilly,Jill Franks both have moving foreheads and wrinkly eyes from smiling. Kathy and Pipa again moving foreheads. I will say Clare and CHuntly might have done it.

The trouble with the salesgirls on the beauty counters is that they think they have to wear everything the brand sells. I had a "makeover" done by a sales lady on the EL encounter a few years back and when I looked in the mirror afterwards I was good to go....well, to a Halloween party maybe. The hardest bit was telling the sales lady the biggest porkie ever and say it looked lovely and then trying to escape her clutches from being pressured to buy something. That's one of the reasons I like buying cosmetics from QVC - yes there is a hard sell, esp by AY, but I am in control of the remote and can switch off, which is nigh impossible to do at a beauty counter! Actually, the only beauty counter I like to visit is the Chanel one, I know the lady, she treats with nicely with no hard sell and puts limited edition items away for me when she gets them as she knows I'll want one.

Latest posts

Back