Rachel Galley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ups-a-daisy

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if TJC and Rachel Galley have parted company? Loved her designs - but less so in recent years when everything has gone very small scale when sold via TJC.

I wondered about that, Ups. I only surf between channels but I've not seen her for ages. I liked her work and have a few items of hers from years back, the large silver 'heart within a heart' pendant and chain and the teardrop pendant set with a topaz being two. The amount of silver in her designs was huge, lovely thick silver pendants and strong silver chains with the pendants - and adjustable for length. I used to buy in the on-screen or website sales, where there was usually a good discount to be had. Her charms were also a good buy, I bought her cat charm for my sister's birthday about 10 years ago and it's still being worn almost daily and in perfect condition, really chunky piece of silver.

Didn't she start to do gold plated pieces? I seem to remember I wondered at the time whether they'd put pressure on her to produce cheaper items.

I wondered about that, Ups. I only surf between channels but I've not seen her for ages. I liked her work and have a few items of hers from years back, the large silver 'heart within a heart' pendant and chain and the teardrop pendant set with a topaz being two. The amount of silver in her designs was huge, lovely thick silver pendants and strong silver chains with the pendants - and adjustable for length. I used to buy in the on-screen or website sales, where there was usually a good discount to be had. Her charms were also a good buy, I bought her cat charm for my sister's birthday about 10 years ago and it's still being worn almost daily and in perfect condition, really chunky piece of silver.

Didn't she start to do gold plated pieces? I seem to remember I wondered at the time whether they'd put pressure on her to produce cheaper items.
I totally agree my treasured RG pieces are from the distant past - lovely, heavy statement pieces, not the more recent tiny pieces. Personally I think RG and TJC have parted company. I asked them this week if they were still selling RG and when the next show was scheduled and got back a dreadfully generic response saying yes they still sell RG pieces - obviously they were referring to the last in stock, insignificant items still on the website no one really liked. Such a shame - occasionally there is some good items on the bay of the e from times in the past - just don't bid against me! LOL

I buy now from Rachel Galley’s website. There are always sales on and the range is very good. Delivery and Customer Service are brilliant. I sent a pair of RG earrings that had tarnished (bought from TJC years ago) back to Rachel and had them replated. They also reinforced one of the the posts all for £20.

I bought one of those beautiful large puffed heart pendants with the little heart within on a 30” chain in yellow gold overlay which I loved and got compliments on.Unfortunately the gold plating only lasted a few weeks and I could see the silver beneath.The item itself was well made but the skimpy plating wasn’t durable enough.

I totally agree my treasured RG pieces are from the distant past - lovely, heavy statement pieces, not the more recent tiny pieces. Personally I think RG and TJC have parted company. I asked them this week if they were still selling RG and when the next show was scheduled and got back a dreadfully generic response saying yes they still sell RG pieces - obviously they were referring to the last in stock, insignificant items still on the website no one really liked. Such a shame - occasionally there is some good items on the bay of the e from times in the past - just don't bid against me! LOL
Promise I won't, Ups! Her pieces were beautiful, and I treasure mine. Weights of silver that you'd never see today. I also wouldn't be surprised if she's left the Channel.

I bought one of those beautiful large puffed heart pendants with the little heart within on a 30” chain in yellow gold overlay which I loved and got compliments on.Unfortunately the gold plating only lasted a few weeks and I could see the silver beneath.The item itself was well made but the skimpy plating wasn’t durable enough.
I've worn my silver 'heart within a heart' pendant loads of times,must have had it for 12 years or so. It's disappointing that the gold plating on your one wore away so quickly, though - I can remember wondering at the time whether to buy a silver one or go for a gold-plated one, but I had a lot of silver pendants and thought the chain could double up with those as well. The chains with her large pendants were great, really chunky, and I've worn mine with other pendants over the years and it's still fine. They sure don't make them like that anymore.

Latest posts

Back