Radley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C-Lion

Registered Shopper
I see Radley are on again trying to sell their bags.

Quite a number of years ago I bought a Radley bag. There were two dust bags included in it. I decided to sell one of the dust bags on fleabay. Someone at Radley took exception and reported it. The listing was taken down on the orders of Radley.

Simple answer the Radley bag got returned, I got a full refund and I have never bought Radley ever again.

Seeing it on QVC just now brought it back at how spiteful and petty Radley are. In principle I will never buy anything of theirs ever again.

To watch their show just now they have gone expensive. Frankly they are not worth the money IMHO - they did me a huge favour all those years ago,

I really rate Radley, my purses are Radley and have a leather bag bought in 2007 I still use.

Many brands crack down on selling their products on eBay. They get auctions removed due to copyright and fakes being sold.

The number of people trying to sell fancy carrier bags on eBay for silly money. I just laugh and think who would want to buy them?

I saved a bit more money (along with birthday and Christmas) and got a Mulberry which I totally love and cherish.

I tried to sell that dust bag cover because my Hobbs dust bag cover was hanging on the door handle (whilst the bag was in use). My cat decided to take numerous swipes at it and she did a decent job of shredding the fabric. I got a replacement off eBay which was a relief - and lesson learnt.

Just think it’s a bit petty for something simple like a dust bag cover when someone could be in the same/similar situation where the original one had become useable.

I then sold the other Radley which I had and made a bit of money on that which topped up on the Mulberry purchase.

I know there are knock offs everywhere. But I had such a snotty message via eBay from Radley telling me in no uncertain terms to get it removed. There are ways of communicating that it breaches their terms and there is borderline offensive and that message fell into the latter category.

Easier to not buy anything from them at all on principle. Shame really as there was a really nice cerise bag on, but my gritted teeth brought me to reality.

There are loads of Radley bags on eBay now, C-Lion (mostly second-hand but some new). Looks like they may have given up trying to stop people.

I cannot list Decleor items on eBay for some reason. Also another less expensive brand but I can’t remember what it was. If I try, as soon as I press “List” or whatever, it says something about not having permission. I take it really personally because others list the brand with no problem! :ROFLMAO: Actually, if you want to sell something like Aromessence, people will search for that word, so you don’t need to put Decleor in the title in order to sell some of their products.

Surely if it’s your own property you have every right to sell it if you choose to? That is really weird. Once Radley have sold you the bag they can’t dictate what you do with it! What if you were raising money for charity? Totally ridiculous and makes them look like twats…

I really rate Radley, my purses are Radley and have a leather bag bought in 2007 I still use.

Many brands crack down on selling their products on eBay. They get auctions removed due to copyright and fakes being sold.

The number of people trying to sell fancy carrier bags on eBay for silly money. I just laugh and think who would want to buy them?
I too only use Radley purses. They are so beautifully crafted and last forever, as do their handbags.

I used to sell Decleor on ebay but they put a stop to it. People did get round it by missing out the actual word "Decleor" - me included but they get wise to it. Many big brands have and will take people to court if they are profiting from the brand name.

I don't have a Radley bag but I do like some of them.

CC

I too only use Radley purses. They are so beautifully crafted and last forever, as do their handbags.
Me too. I got a lovely Radley purse from a Company in Germany. It was good value and I know it was genuine as it was on the Radley website. I have got so many Radley bags and purses but sadly I dont go out much these days to use them but I cant part with them.

I used to sell Decleor on ebay but they put a stop to it. People did get round it by missing out the actual word "Decleor" - me included but they get wise to it. Many big brands have and will take people to court if they are profiting from the brand name.

I don't have a Radley bag but I do like some of them.

CC
I’m glad it’s not just me. I was getting a complex!

Like you, I did find a way round it so sod ‘em!

I don’t sell on eBay so don’t know the rules. Surprised at Decleor as l’Oreal have discontinued the whole range. I think sales plummeted probably due to them changing all the formulations for cheaper ingredients but still charging the same price

I don’t sell on eBay so don’t know the rules. Surprised at Decleor as l’Oreal have discontinued the whole range. I think sales plummeted probably due to them changing all the formulations for cheaper ingredients but still charging the same price

Do you think my Decleor special Christmas gift box - which I use to stash the LE cloths in - might be worth something in a few years? 😀

At the most £1.50 😀

It’s a huge shame because I really loved Decleor but I only used to buy it from QVC. Seems it only affects the Uk and Ireland

The big designers went to the EU court and got a ban on selling their items on eBay. Saying too many fakes sold and cheapening their brands. On eBay France you type the world Guerlain and no perfume will show. Even on eBay UK, you cannot not say perfume and makeup is not new. Even if new, some brands will get it removed, they employ people who go through eBay looking. With perfume, the way around it is to show a full unused bottle. Then you go into the details, the seller will state you are getting 10mls or what ever and the photo is just a stock photo. But to be honest, the horrid mangy makeup that used to be sold was vile.

There was a very famous seller known as Randell, he used many names, but people on the perfume forums used to track his sales on eBay. One name as a buyer looking for empty perfume bottles, then another selling vintage perfumes at high prices. So his thing was fill the empty bottles with cheap whatever and sell as vintage rare perfume. Only if a buyer said the perfume was not correct did something happen, but the number of people no doubt fooled. He got banned numerous times, but always came back with a new name. Rinse and repeat. The perfume groups started the hunt to find him again. It is well known certain cosmetic brands are 99% of the time on eBay will be fake. Dior, Chanel are two of the most famous. Tom Ford Private Blend another big one, many come on Basenotes with photos asking is my perfume genuine?

A few weeks back I spotted a bottle of Yves Saint Laurent Y (this is the feminine not the new male one), 30mls of pure parfum. The box was sealed in original cellophane and I thought okay, will do a bid. I got it for £51 which shocked me as it should have gone for at least twice that as it has been discontinued. Arrived looked totally genuine old cellophane, the inside of the box looked like the bottle had been there for years. Big problem, I could not get the top off!!! Freaked, I would smash the bottle getting it off. Yes, it took a small wrench to remove. But the parfum was genuine and from 1981 as I dated it. Totally gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back