Stock Renewal.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ant7t

Registered Shopper
I know the title is weak, but seeing Mr Cavill and Ms Stubbs doing a blue Sapphire show from Australia made me wonder. Yes, it's a repeat topic, but trying to put a twist on it. Ramble much?

So, we all know Gemporia et al, are 'famous' for "last of stock"-ing. We won't get this any more, we can't get this any more etc. Yet, they magic it out of thin air, as if it's a miracle.

I know they have vaults or cupboards full of stones, but how much 'last of stock' is just for show (no pun intended) and how much is actual? I mean, they 'may' have "tons" of the said stones in storage, and pretend they are running out so they can get people 'excited' again when it returns, or they may scour the earth for replenishment. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it's already 'waiting' for 're-release', to hype up the stone again.

List time now. Argyle. Csarite. Opals of varying locations. Most stones from Australia seem to have been re-found. I probably could go on, but still. And then you get the 're-launches' of this that and the other, with huge fanfare. It gets to the point of 'what this again?' 'That ran out years ago. How come they got it so readily?'

I know the title is weak, but seeing Mr Cavill and Ms Stubbs doing a blue Sapphire show from Australia made me wonder. Yes, it's a repeat topic, but trying to put a twist on it. Ramble much?

So, we all know Gemporia et al, are 'famous' for "last of stock"-ing. We won't get this any more, we can't get this any more etc. Yet, they magic it out of thin air, as if it's a miracle.

I know they have vaults or cupboards full of stones, but how much 'last of stock' is just for show (no pun intended) and how much is actual? I mean, they 'may' have "tons" of the said stones in storage, and pretend they are running out so they can get people 'excited' again when it returns, or they may scour the earth for replenishment. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it's already 'waiting' for 're-release', to hype up the stone again.

List time now. Argyle. Csarite. Opals of varying locations. Most stones from Australia seem to have been re-found. I probably could go on, but still. And then you get the 're-launches' of this that and the other, with huge fanfare. It gets to the point of 'what this again?' 'That ran out years ago. How come they got it so readily?'
You also need to factor in Gemporia's returns rate. And orders cancelled before the midnight cut-off once buyers have thought about their purchases calmly.

How much of Gemporia's stock is returned or never sold at all in shows? Especially when people on here have said that their simply putting an item into their website basket has their name appear on Gemporia's screens as a "sale"?

For me, if a company has been caught out telling porkies in one department or area of business, then I am not very likely to believe anything more waffle they spout. And Gemporia's been caught out telling viewers a fair few whoppers over the past few years.

I take everything a Gemporia presenter or buyer says with a massive pinch of salt.

I've lost count of the amount of "Last of Nilamani" shows there has been over the past 18 months or so.

It wasn't that long ago (a couple of months or so) that Troth told us he'd got the last of the red Jadeite too - but he managed to find enough down the back of the sofa to bring us another show of it last week.

Tanzanite has been almost "mined out" for the past 14+ years too - yet they still manage to keep bringing it to our screens.

I've lost count of the amount of "Last of Nilamani" shows there has been over the past 18 months or so.

It wasn't that long ago (a couple of months or so) that Troth told us he'd got the last of the red Jadeite too - but he managed to find enough down the back of the sofa to bring us another show of it last week.

Tanzanite has been almost "mined out" for the past 14+ years too - yet they still manage to keep bringing it to our screens.
How many times have Gemporia presenters and or buyers told viewers that they'll never be able to find any decent material of anything to bring to air?

But to be fair to them, they are flogging a lot of tatty stones with multiple treatments not limited to fillers, dyes, coatings, diffusion, oiling, heating ("Only a little!") irradiation, reconstruction and Lord knows what else.

Not to mention trying to flog serpentine as jade, over-egging murky dishwater jadeite that Chinese sellers can't offload onto their market and calling it everything from "Imperial green" to "grey-blue" to "lavender", and giving deliberately confused sales pitches for kyanite so viewers are convinced they're buying Kashmir sapphires.

So they ARE right when they say "No more decent material for sale". They're now just obfuscating how bad the materials they're now bringing to air. All in luxury and gorgeous amounts (2g if you're lucky) of gold tone/flash silver.

Absolutely.

They really should stop doing this one, i.e. the last of the last of the very last, because it's been done so many times now it's just plain silly. Remember the famous Tanzanite, anyone? You know, the stone that would not last, but seemingly did? Then it was opals, but still they appear in what seems to be pretty sizeable quantities on the channels that sell jewellery. It must surely only convince those viewers who are fairly new to the channel - the likes of those who have been around for a few years will know it's a load of carp and I cannot see why they'd want to look stupid in front of regular customers. But obviously someone out there disagrees and it's all part of the plan. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back