Lynn Jinks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
Lynn has worked at Gemporia for years now (since the beginning I believe?) - so you would think she would know the in's and out's of how the business works by now.

Firstly, yet again, she's just said "We don't take payment until your order is ready for dispatch". This isn't true - and hasn't been for a while. I've noticed a pattern as to when payments are taken - and it's usually Tuesday nights, Thursday nights, Sunday nights. Occasionally a Friday or Saturday too.

She says this every time she's on-air - yet the producers / directors never correct her (even though she should know by now after years of working there).

If I place an order on a Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday, they ALWAYS take the payment straight after midnight.

Secondly, she's just said "We don't offer split payments on items under £100 - so this gives you an idea of this items worth" (the item was under £100).

That is nonsense. They've always offered split pay on some items under £100. They've even done £5 stones on three split pays of £1.66 on Gem Collector!

If they're not misleading or telling lies, they still give us incorrect information through sheer incompetence (especially Lyndsey Carr - who gets information wrong all the time, despite it being on screen in front of her!)

Gemporia presenters just say whatever they think will get stock flogged. They obviously don't care any more about doing an honest job.

Even presenters such as Jeff, who used to have such a decent reputation not so long ago, is joining in: waxing lyrical about a gem's colour and totally avoiding saying anything about it being coated or dyed.

I am firmly convinced that Ms Carr has reading problems. Every time she tries to read on-screen graphics, or an item of information from an online source, she garbles it.

I am firmly convinced that Ms Carr has reading problems. Every time she tries to read on-screen graphics, or an item of information from an online source, she garbles it.

I think the problem is more likely to be that, like many of the Gemporia presenters now, she's too hyper and too interested in talking non-stop than focusing on the important details that people actually want to know.

I think the problem is more likely to be that, like many of the Gemporia presenters now, she's too hyper and too interested in talking non-stop than focusing on the important details that people actually want to know.
Since Gemporia presenters are all far more interested in hearing themselves gabble on non-stop than calmly give any kind of real information pertaining to whatever they are selling, it's obviously a sales plot pushed on them.

You want to ensure that people buy emotionally by the hundred? Get over excited on screen and push them to buy now. Or pre-order now. Bounce up and down, raise your voice, constantly tell people that they're going to miss out.

The gem you have is filled/dyed/coated? Meh. Who cares? That jade can be bought much cheaper from online sellers? It's not important. Got to separate the punters from their cash

Just moments ago Lindsey was screaming "go, go, go". Is it just me or presenters have become increasingly more hysterical and increasingly less likely to say anything useful? They seldom give any real information about the jewellery and rely on stock phrases repeated ad nauseum

Lynn is a very strange one IMO. She's almost hypnotic in some ways in that I can switch Gems on for two minutes and the next thing I know I've been watching for a good half hour even though I've had literally no interest in whatever she's selling at the time.

I am utterly shocked. Lynn is currently selling black obsidian and she has just asserted that it helps with arthritis. Is this even legal?
This is nothing compared to TJC at the moment. Lynn talks about the associated benefits as she is a qualified crystal healer. It’s up to you if you believe that or not but it’s not been sold as fact. She talks of the associations. Gems have always got qualified people to talk about their products and that’s what given me trust in their products, they don’t just let anyone sell them. I am a Biology teacher and a particular TJC presenter states utter nonsense as absolute fact, now that’s illegal. Miss-selling at its best. I’m hoping one of the co-hosts asks her exactly what she means!

This is nothing compared to TJC at the moment. Lynn talks about the associated benefits as she is a qualified crystal healer. It’s up to you if you believe that or not but it’s not been sold as fact. She talks of the associations. Gems have always got qualified people to talk about their products and that’s what given me trust in their products, they don’t just let anyone sell them. I am a Biology teacher and a particular TJC presenter states utter nonsense as absolute fact, now that’s illegal. Miss-selling at its best. I’m hoping one of the co-hosts asks her exactly what she means!

I'm not quite sure how someone can be qualified in something that is unproven. I'm amazed that Gemporia even mention this 'qualification' in their graphics.

If it's up to us whether we believe in "crystal healing" or not, then it isn't a proven fact.

I thought that scientists were quite rigorous in their determining of facts. They do not just dump vague concepts and theories on the world and say "There you go: believe these or don't. It's up to you to decide"

I am utterly shocked. Lynn is currently selling black obsidian and she has just asserted that it helps with arthritis. Is this even legal?
I don't like her anyway but she is getting worse with her ramblings. No I don't think it's legal but since when do the " stars" of Gems need anything?imo

If it's up to us whether we believe in "crystal healing" or not, then it isn't a proven fact.

I thought that scientists were quite rigorous in their determining of facts. They do not just dump vague concepts and theories on the world and say "There you go: believe these or don't. It's up to you to decide"
It is utter tosh to assert that obsidian can "help with" arthritis, blatent cynical hooey designed to shift product. Might as well offer up a cheese sandwich to the moon.

Did anyone else notice that quite a few months ago Lynn had the teeniest bit of lip filler in her upper lip.When I saw her afterwards it looked as if there was a black hole under her nose.Obviously there wasn’t but pushing her lip upwards caused an optical illusion loooooool.It did go back to normal after a few days.

Did anyone else notice that quite a few months ago Lynn had the teeniest bit of lip filler in her upper lip.When I saw her afterwards it looked as if there was a black hole under her nose.Obviously there wasn’t but pushing her lip upwards caused an optical illusion loooooool.It did go back to normal after a few days.
I missed that, but I believe Lynn is convinced that you can achieve everything with the power of metaphysical properties of Gems! Cure ailments and manifest your heart desires 😁. She even told the story that when she met her husband she decided that he was the one, meditated and said that “he is going to be hers” and BAHM! She is married to him now 😁. So I bet you it wasn’t a filler, it must have been a special Crystal she was wearing, whilst chanting for Angelina Jolies pout, that made her lips look fuller 😅.

I am very happy that her beliefs work miracles for her and for everyone who believes, life can be tough and if it helps someone then it’s fantastic, but PLEASE can someone tell me what exact rock I must purchase and what magic words do I chant to win the lottery 🤣😂🤣!
Many thanks in advance 😂👍

In my opinion, Lynn is quite peculiar. There's something about her that's almost mesmerizing, as if I could turn on the television for just two minutes, and before I realize it, I've been engrossed in her show for a solid half hour, despite having absolutely no interest in whatever product she's promoting at the moment.

Latest posts

Back