Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just to say if there's anything you want from TJC it's megaday, free p&p for the next hour until midnight.
And code EXTRA35 for 35% discounts on many things, still with the free p&p unaffected.

Thankfully I don't bother with TJC anymore but it's definitely going to be viewed a lot less from September.....

I wonder if TJC will be getting Peter Volauvent free by taking on Genevieve?

TJC already have a number of ex-Bid staff on their books: Cris St. Valery, Marina Berry, Caroline Lindsay, and Andy Hodgson. So it's not surprising that they snapped up Salleh Jacks.

What next: Paul Becque, Mike Mason and Dirty Pete?

Will stop watching TJC now deleting it from my tv channel listing.
Poor decision making from those in charge?
Two failed shopping channels and they still get employment 😱
I'm not letting poor future presenter selection and management from my obtaining good value, occasional free p&p and discount codes days & desirable items I want from TJC.
I like TJC and rate it highly as an online/delivery site. Not so much the TV shopping side.

Rather more worried they'll sink a decent online firm and lose a good value shopping site that pays UK tax properly and isn't Amzn or Chinese!

I wonder if TJC will be getting Peter Volauvent free by taking on Genevieve?

TJC already have a number of ex-Bid staff on their books: Cris St. Valery, Marina Berry, Caroline Lindsay, and Andy Hodgson. So it's not surprising that they snapped up Salleh Jacks.

What next: Paul Becque, Mike Mason and Dirty Pete?
Caroline Lindsay has worked on practically every channel

The 2-7am slot is such a treat for insomniac viewers: the dynamic presenting duo of Andrew AND Joanne Whatserface of Ideal World and ceramic pan informercial fame!

I reckon they might muster up an eighth of a personality between them.

Unusually i was watching this morning, neighbours alarm went off at 4.30am so up early, so was just flicking through the shopping channels for fun and the guy Hodgson was wittering on about nothing on TV at this time of the morning to watch apart from TJC, there's Nextflix he said but it cost you nothing to watch us, inferring Netflix costs more. Actually Hodgson, technically it does cost you to watch TJC, while TJC may be "Free to Air" it ain't free to watch. If you want to watch TJC or Netflix, Netflix is actually cheaper, to watch TJC you need to buy a TV License £159, Nextflix needs no TV license and for a year, standard is £132.

Unusually i was watching this morning, neighbours alarm went off at 4.30am so up early, so was just flicking through the shopping channels for fun and the guy Hodgson was wittering on about nothing on TV at this time of the morning to watch apart from TJC, there's Nextflix he said but it cost you nothing to watch us, inferring Netflix costs more. Actually Hodgson, technically it does cost you to watch TJC, while TJC may be "Free to Air" it ain't free to watch. If you want to watch TJC or Netflix, Netflix is actually cheaper, to watch TJC you need to buy a TV License £159, Nextflix needs no TV license and for a year, standard is £132.
You're assuming that he buys a TV licence 😏

Not if you watch TJC online, app or website. You have free WiFi or internet... Lol 😜

You're assuming that he buys a TV licence 😏

Well he should be, but yeah you can ignore TVL, but i doubt working on a TV Channel his bosses would be happy with him encouraging folks to watch live TV without a licence. :ROFLMAO:

Not if you watch TJC online, app or website. You have free WiFi or internet... Lol 😜

Doesn't matter what you're watching on, if you're watching TJC live you should have a TVL. But as VapidStoat says they could always refuse to buy one and ignore TVL (Capita think do the collecting) when they come calling.

Well he should be, but yeah you can ignore TVL, but i doubt working on a TV Channel his bosses would be happy with him encouraging folks to watch live TV without a licence. :ROFLMAO:

Doesn't matter what you're watching on, if you're watching TJC live you should have a TVL. But as VapidStoat says they could always refuse to buy one and ignore TVL (Capita think do the collecting) when they come calling.
I stand corrected. I knew you needed a TV licence for Live streaming from BBC iPlayer (& their on-demand), ITVX, etc.
But didn't realise even standalone TV website streaming services or TV via YouTube live streams, or even a phone app of, say, Sky News, or TJC or Create&craft also require a TVL.
It even says non-uk broadcasts too.
So does that mean even watching NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. live USA streams on internet theoretically requires a TVL.

Whether it's realistic or enforceable is another matter.

Wonder if there's ever been a court case of someone done for streaming a TV channel off a website only?! 😲

I can’t believe that people are paying £14.99 for 45 teabags PLUS £4.99 postage.Put them into a pretty box and they’ll sell it seems.
I saw those. Caroline Lindsay was saying how they're good enough for her meet ups for tea with her old school friends. I bet they'd be thrilled.

I did laugh when the buyer with her said that you wouldn't just drink them: my imagination started going into overdrive until he clarified that statement by saying that drinking a cup of this tea is "an experience".

Ellis Ward might be long gone from TJC, but it seems that her spirit lives on there.

I stand corrected. I knew you needed a TV licence for Live streaming from BBC iPlayer (& their on-demand), ITVX, etc.
But didn't realise even standalone TV website streaming services or TV via YouTube live streams, or even a phone app of, say, Sky News, or TJC or Create&craft also require a TVL.
It even says non-uk broadcasts too.
So does that mean even watching NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. live USA streams on internet theoretically requires a TVL.

Whether it's realistic or enforceable is another matter.

Wonder if there's ever been a court case of someone done for streaming a TV channel off a website only?! 😲

Probably, but the thing is the only people that get done are the folks that are stupid enough to engage with the TVL folk (Capita Goons) that come to your door because the property isn't licenced, in their mind every house SHOULD have a licence, they either end up confessing or dropping themselves in it by saying too much, unless they have a search warrant which is very, very rare they've no legal authority, so don't say anything and just shut the door.

Yeah, you need a licence for anything live, doesn't matter where the source comes from, but you don't need it for catch up or services like Netflix, Disney etc. Where it becomes murky and why i say don't engage with TVL (cause they'll treat you as guilty until you prove yourself innocent) is because with some services like Prime, Now TV etc where they have both live and on demand programs, if you don't use the live programs then you don't need a licence but as i say try proving to TVL you don't use it is nigh impossible, so best not to engage with TVL at all, just ignore them.

BTW i'm not advocating folks should watch live TV without a licence, just saying that if anybody only watches catch up and doesn't need a licence, but gets a visit from TVL, don't engage with them, just say no thanks and shut the door.

Latest posts

Back