Rare Yankee candle Cherry lemonade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Just seen that QVC have a duo of Sicilian lemon and Cherry lemonade, has anyone had the cherry lemonade before its not a new frangrance it was realeased a few years ago and was discontinued around 2008, Im very temped but with p&p charge etc i dont want to have to send it back :thinking:. P&p is £5.95 which tbh is a joke because Q have sets of 3 large jars for the exact same p&p however its not a frangrance u can buy on the highstreet.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Set-of-2-Lemon-&-Cherry-Lemonade-Large-Jars.product.701672.html

Don't like the lemon but would be interested in the cherry lemonade. Came home yesterday and hubby had lit two candles, coastal waters in the lounge and canary island banana in the kitchen, he thought he had done a good thing until I explained the banana one was for looking at only, it couldn't be replaced because it is retired. He just didn't get it and went off mumbling haha

Oooh I would like them,its been ages and ages since I bought YC from QVC - I don't know the scents - but I know I would like them!

Good price for 2 large candles but I HATE paying those P&P charges :down:

Don't like the lemon but would be interested in the cherry lemonade. Came home yesterday and hubby had lit two candles, coastal waters in the lounge and canary island banana in the kitchen, he thought he had done a good thing until I explained the banana one was for looking at only, it couldn't be replaced because it is retired. He just didn't get it and went off mumbling haha

Haha typical man hey :cheeky: That banana sounds lovely never seen it before

Cherry Lemonade was gorgeous. Would buy this, but after spending over a fiver sending something back today, I'm going to sit on my hands

Must admit their prices are really good but I always end up just getting them from a local garden centre. I got a medium citrus burst, Waikiki melon, large pink sands ( my fav) and beach flowers and a shade last week, whoops!

We have a little shop called streamers in Beverley which is quite close to me. Twice a year the owner emails everyone on his mailing list with an invite to a Yankee event. He gives freebies away to people who buy the large jar candles. Last year he wasn't very happy because Yankee sent the extra stuff out too late for the event. He was the first person in the UK to sell Yankee and they really let him down, he had to use the stock he had for sales and the freebies. I reckon by lunchtime he would have had very little left to sell. He was rather upset and did say that they were the worst company he deals with for not returning emails or phone calls. Despite that I have a kitchen drawer full of freebie tarts,samplers and sealable bags with the leftovers of my jars for burning in my tart burner.

Whoever it was that suggested using a shade on jars thanks, I love mine, it catches the smoke and gives a very even burn.

Ok hands up I admit I have been bad today. Just been to the garden centre for seeds and came away with Waikiki melon as my mum had the other one, pineapple cilantro which is wonderful. When you sniff the lid you don't get the pineapple straight away, it comes through a few seconds later. I also got summer scoop which I haven't seen anywhere before. It is pink, deeper in colour than pink sands but not as deep as dragon fruit. It is an icecream scent, a little bit like raspberry ripple. I don't go for vanilla scents but this has vanilla in it with a fruity smell too. Love it!

Got the seeds for hubby too:giggle:

I love the smell of a lot of them, but after i had some sweetpea tarts just after christmas I discovered i cant burn them they make me very short of breath . i didnt realise it was the tarts untill i had lit the burner a few days later & the same thing happened

I love the smell of a lot of them, but after i had some sweetpea tarts just after christmas I discovered i cant burn them they make me very short of breath . i didnt realise it was the tarts untill i had lit the burner a few days later & the same thing happened

Is it the fact theres a tea light under them or is it the frangrance,i wonderd if an electric tart burner would be any better for u?

Is it the fact theres a tea light under them or is it the frangrance,i wonderd if an electric tart burner would be any better for u?

I think its the tarts , i have used tea light candles to burn rose oil & lavender in water & that didnt effect me.. i am loathed to try another smell incase thats the same

I think its the tarts , i have used tea light candles to burn rose oil & lavender in water & that didnt effect me.. i am loathed to try another smell incase thats the same

Aww ok thats rubbish then and like u say its not worth wasting money on trying differnt ones in case the same happens

I would stay well clear if I were you and try some soy candles. I know Yankee did do some soy but I haven't seen any for ages, they had them in debenhams. I think the milk creamery ones are quite popular they are soy and beeswax I don't think they do tea lights though and they seem a bit more expensive than Yankee so it would be an expensive experiment.

I had a jar of cherry lemonade years ago its nothing to rave about not very cherry has more a hint of lemonade

Clintons in brent cross is closing down anather casualty of the recession sadly bough a childs wish beautiful not very strong but pretty and delicate a green grassy floral. the pinapple cilantro was not my fav but I really like it now and it takes ages to burn. don't like molton brown candles waste of money

Latest posts

Back