Really fed up of Beauty TSVs being on auto delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Why is it that every recent beautyTSV has been on auto delivery? Today we have the Taya and in the last seven days have also had Leighton Denny an L'Occitane all on auto delivery! Personally l much prefer easy pays, l can struggle to pay out £40 plus in one go and to split it up often means l can actually afford something! I think if this is the way forward for QVC l will be saying goodbye to them and will buy direct from the company where contrary to QVCs propaganda good offers can be found!

My thoughts exactly WS! I can understand it for L'Occitane because Q know there's a die hard following out there and people are familiar with the brand and know ahead of time whether they'll get on with the products and will use them all even if they end up with a stockpile. But I'd have thought easy-pays would tempt more people to try the Taya brand, and they can't offer EPs if its on Auto Delivery. That said I wonder whether the AD will sell out early which has the effect of pushing sales of the single item (as happened with the Leighton Denny TSV?

It's just another way of increasing sales. They know there are enough gullible women out there prepared to spend lots of money on overpriced products, and these sets usually contain an item that the purchaser would not normally buy. My eleven year old Grandson had them sussed when they were trying to flog those card holder things yesterday. Rubbish for that money were his words.

It seems to me that most of the TSVs before Christmas are on easy pays, to encourage us to part with more of our money at a time of the year when we're in spend mode. They then seem to go into auto-delivery mode after Christmas, unless they've got a very expensive TSV price - where clearly auto-delivery wouldn't be an option, and no easy pays would make it too big a pill for many to swallow. I would expect that during the middle of the year we would begin to see a mixture of auto-delivery and easy pay TSVs across most price points.

Auto delivery can surely end up being more expensive than if you just purchase things as they run out.They make it sound like a saving by holding things at the TSV price. More often than not there are filler items that people give away or sell on eBay.I don't see it being cost effective for most brands.

I never do advanced orders because I am a pick and mixer and get bored with things.

AD is not compulsory, merely an option. Some will appreciate it, others will not and will go for the single delivery. Just like EP; there are those who would much prefer AD, as they never buy on easy pay. Each to their own.

Last edited:
AD is not compulsory, merely an option. Some will appreciate it, others will not and will go for the single delivery. Just like EP; there are those who would much prefer AD, as they never buy on easy pay. Each to their own.

I would much prefer EP to AD! As l said earlier if something is £45 or more l would really struggle to pay it in one go, it would be a considered purchase for me! I am sure many others feel like me!

if i used qvc facial skincare i am sure i would only need 3 kits a year. they are usually huge with supersizes and formulations that go a long way. even so a tsv will usually be available on an introductory price later on. if we get easy pays the prices on the tsv's are usually higher

I see countless posts by customers asking for Easy Pays on Tsv's its rare you will see anyone asking for Auto Delivery, Beauty Tsv's are just too expensive these days and there isnt a week goes by when there isnt a Beauty Tsv.

I remember Q saying last year that in the future there maybe an option for EZ pays if you choose the single option of the TSV, If/when they do that is another thing.

Auto delivery can surely end up being more expensive than if you just purchase things as they run out.They make it sound like a saving by holding things at the TSV price. More often than not there are filler items that people give away or sell on eBay.I don't see it being cost effective for most brands.

I never do advanced orders because I am a pick and mixer and get bored with things.[/QUOTE

I like to try new things too and prefer to run down my stocks. A lot of the auto delivery kits have some products that might last a month and others that might last six months and you end up with piles of some things and still need to buy others.

I think it's just a way of getting people to spend more. It must be easy to forget that you have another drop on the way and buy something else as well and then not bother to return. There might be some AD offers that are perfect for some customers but that's probably happy chance as far as qvc are concerned.

I don't think i have ever ordered an auto-delivery item and seen it through to the end and final drop, I always seem to cancel a little way down the line, think I must get bored too, or don't end up using all the products, the only one I regret cancelling was the lovely L'Occitane one they did a few years back with the shea mousse shower foam stuff, those were the days

I've never ordered a TSV on auto delivery. I get bored using the same products for months on end. I'm still using the Philosophy TSV from before christmas but I'm getting fed up with it so I've opened some Elemis but really want to start on some MB. I rarely buy a TSV now unless it's on EP's as they are far too expensive most of the time. The Doll 10 was the only one that I recently bought that wasn't on EP's. as that was under £40.00.

I never do auto-delivery one QVC. Have on on Amazon every 6 months but can change it, for Trind Nail Balsam.

I know Keeley says on Facebook sometimes that QVC told Elemis whatever TSV had to be on auto delivery. She was sorry to disappoint those who could not afford it at the time and really wanted. She was in other words passing the buck and making sure she was not blamed. Still got begging of please put it on easy pay.

QVC US can do easy pay and auto delivery, have done for years. QVC UK its a game of chance with auto delivery as usually something goes wrong with the last one drop. L'Occitane I think twice could be more, Nails Inc again twice.

i just want items a at a really good price, capped postage,easy pays for really big items like the vitamix . if the beauty tsv were not so expensive with daft £5/6 postage you would not need easy pays.

I had an easy pay code a while ago and used it to order a TSV auto delivery, and the website accepted it. TBH it was a pain because I kept seeing the installments and for a split second forgot what they were for.

The recent Leighton Denny TSV is good because there's variety in the contents. In the past I've had a Laura Geller TSV and ended up with 3 "bone" eye pencils, and the Summer 2014 Laura Geller TSV had 3 drops with the same "honey lavender" highlighter which is bonkers, however I only kept one of the drops but 3 highlighters - I'd be leaving 2 to my descendants with the family silver!

Years and years ago Q did an auto-delivery of Gale Hyman's Lip Lift and after the first delivery the postage was either free or much reduced. Now that kind of AD might be more tempting but generally if it's a TSV that I want multiples of, I'd rather buy 2 with easy pays than set up an AD.

Latest posts

Back