Refund Policy - 30 working days!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did say this but they said, no, it's in their terms and conditions. So, if the law is 14 days, then I guess they are saying if you buy from them, you wave that protection goodbye as you are agreeing to their T&C.

Apparently refunds are now taking up to up to "30 WORKING days". I could vent my spleen here, but I think that the bald fact of that is far more damning than I could ever be.
Their T&Cs state 30 days, not 30 working days, so if it is working days then they need to change their wording and customers will be waiting over a month for a refund sometimes.

I did say this but they said, no, it's in their terms and conditions. So, if the law is 14 days, then I guess they are saying if you buy from them, you wave that protection goodbye as you are agreeing to their T&C.
I have challenged them before on refunding my outward postage back when returning an item. They kept saying it was in their terms and conditions not to do this. I said they could put what they liked in their terms and conditions, but it did not mean it was legal. I told them they were breaking the law and that so long as I had let them know I was returning the item, within a certain time frame, unused, etc, I was entitled to the outward postage back. I now get it back when I ask, they probably have me down as 'that narky old woman'.

I have to say, hanging on to customers money for 30 days or more before making a valid refund does not seem to me to be the actions of a company in robust financial health.
I, personally, would consider that a red flag that would prevent me making any orders.

Just my opinion…

I have to say, the same thought has recently occurred to me. They will have the item back and will probably have sold it again before you get a refund. I am also noting a somewhat dramatic increase in prices and a notable change in pricing policy which a customer services rep admitted to me was generating a spate of negative "feedback about pricing" from customers. Something has changed, and not for the better. Caveat Emptor.

I have just received an email from Gemporia stating that they have received my return and endeavour to refund my money in 15 working days. My last refund took exactly 30 (normal) days, so I doubt that email very much. I think they still have a great deal of people buying from them, but a significant portion returning after receiving so I too think they are struggling. Moreover, I think people are not buying as much as they did before. I had my eye on a red sapphire ring which was launched at 249 pounds and the very next day was on a wheel for 199 pounds. All sizes were still there.

I have noticed this too. When items are newly in the prices are massively higher. I have seen Toby launch a moonstone ring in silver one day and the next day it was shown at £20 less which was at least a 20 per cent reduction. One of their art of the Ocean rings which they banged out initially at £299 was £129 today. They always label shows with reduced prices as "sale" so no chance of a price pledge - which you used to sometimes get before. I have also noticed prices are usually (mostly) higher at weekends and evenings. So if I want something now I do not buy at launch, or at weekends or in the evenings - just weekdays. I'm buying less though as some of their prices are, frankly, ****** stupid compared to what they were a few months back.

Blatantly keeping hold of your customers cash has to be the loudest signal that things have changed at Gemporia. The company also seem to have two separate Trustpilot accounts, with negative reviews being steered to Gemporia.co.uk, and the positive reviews to Gemporia.com. How cynical.

Blatantly keeping hold of your customers cash has to be the loudest signal that things have changed at Gemporia. The company also seem to have two separate Trustpilot accounts, with negative reviews being steered to Gemporia.co.uk, and the positive reviews to Gemporia.com. How cynical.
I've not realised that. Will take a look.

The gemporia.uk is an unclaimed profile as web address is wrong.

What annoys me the most is that they continue to take your split payments, even though they have had the item in their possession for weeks. I always return the items immediately after receiving them, but most of the time I end up having the next split payment taking out of my account. For me, it's outrageous.

The gemporia.uk is an unclaimed profile as web address is wrong.
It's an interesting thing, but there are more and more people leaving Feefo reviews to complain about their delayed refunds. It's surprising that they continue with their 4.7 stars on Feefo really

I have noticed this too. When items are newly in the prices are massively higher. I have seen Toby launch a moonstone ring in silver one day and the next day it was shown at £20 less which was at least a 20 per cent reduction. One of their art of the Ocean rings which they banged out initially at £299 was £129 today. They always label shows with reduced prices as "sale" so no chance of a price pledge - which you used to sometimes get before. I have also noticed prices are usually (mostly) higher at weekends and evenings. So if I want something now I do not buy at launch, or at weekends or in the evenings - just weekdays. I'm buying less though as some of their prices are, frankly, ****** stupid compared to what they were a few months back.
Yes, you are far smarter than me! I actually bought an item on an weekend just to see it massively reduced on a weekday. The price promise was not available because it was a wheel, ergo clearance for them. I felt really stupid tbh

You cannot waive your cancellation rights.

QVC does this properly https://www.qvcuk.com/content/legal-information/return-policy.html.
TJC also does this https://www.tjc.co.uk/info/delivery-and-returns.html.
Report them to Trading Standards if they feel they reserve the right to hold your money for thirty working days so they can decide. I really don't think they have the right to do that.

I returned a couple of items recently and they took exactly 30 days to refund. I was on holiday for 22 of them so wasn't aware till I got home. I've been refunded now but have paid for items I no longer have, as they missed being refunded back onto my card in time, and I was billed for them.
I'm not ordering again, it's the law that returns be refunded within 14 days of receipt. It doesn't matter what's in their terms and conditions, it doesn't make it legal.

I returned a couple of items recently and they took exactly 30 days to refund. I was on holiday for 22 of them so wasn't aware till I got home. I've been refunded now but have paid for items I no longer have, as they missed being refunded back onto my card in time, and I was billed for them.
I'm not ordering again, it's the law that returns be refunded within 14 days of receipt. It doesn't matter what's in their terms and conditions, it doesn't make it legal.

It is the law, yes, under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. (NB: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice).

A link to this legislation can be found at https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/made.

To get a refund within 14 days, you must:
i) Notify the trader of your intention to cancel (per Regulation 32)
ii) Send the item back to them within 14 days.

They then must refund you no later than 14 calendar days from receipt or proof of postage per Regulation 34.

I think it could be reasonably assumed that sending the item back to them within 14 days and requesting a refund using their own returns form would constitute a pretty clear intention to cancel, but they don't seem to see it that way, so a customer could call them or send them an email.

They should also as you've pointed out refund their cheapest and most common delivery charge under Regulation 34 whether the item is faulty or not.

It is the law, yes, under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. (NB: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice).

A link to this legislation can be found at https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/made.

To get a refund within 14 days, you must:
i) Notify the trader of your intention to cancel (per Regulation 32)
ii) Send the item back to them within 14 days.

They then must refund you no later than 14 calendar days from receipt or proof of postage per Regulation 34.

I think it could be reasonably assumed that sending the item back to them within 14 days and requesting a refund using their own returns form would constitute a pretty clear intention to cancel, but they don't seem to see it that way, so a customer could call them or send them an email.

They should also as you've pointed out refund their cheapest and most common delivery charge under Regulation 34 whether the item is faulty or not
Well put SpiralGalaxy. I've told them this many times, and now I do get back my outward postage if I return the complete order, but my goodness, it took some persuading.

I returned a bracelet to another company recently, from whom I had ordered before. However, this time the bracelet was faulty, it was too small and was missing part of the design. It was a silver elastic beaded bracelet. I rang them up and told them this, and the lady on the phone stated that I could return it at my expense and they would give me a refund.

I sighed inwardly, and told her that if the item was faulty they had to give me my return postage back. We argued back and forth, and in the end I emailed the owner, and was told again to return it, and she would decide whether I would get back my return postage. As I already had the bracelet in another colour, I took a photo of both of them, showing that the second one was far smaller and was missing part of the design, and I could not get it over my hand. She didn't even acknowledge this email.

I returned the item at my expense and emailed again and said I expected my postage back. I did get it back, but what a palaver. Companies that trade online need to know that customers have rights and they need to follow the law.

Anyway, even though I have bought this brand previously and I really like it, I will not bother again. Had she apologised and agreed to return my postage straightaway, I would have shopped with them again.

Customer Service is quite often lacking these days.

Latest posts

Back