Rejected reiviw

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I wrote a fairly glowing review for my electric bike (see below) but it was rejected as not meeting their criteria.

Can anyone see why it was rejected?

EXCELLENT BIKE AND GOOD VALUE

I was very dubious about ordering this bike because at the time there was only one review and this was only 1 star. However, because of QVC’s MBG and free shipping (and return) on this item I decided to try it as I had nothing to lose.

I’m glad I did! There were no problems that I could discern on delivery, although it needed some assembly. I needed 2 different Allen keys for the handlebars, and a spanner for the pedals. It would have been so helpful if these had been provided (they would only have cost pennies to Cyclotricity). Luckily I managed to find these in my toolbox, otherwise I may have had to buy a whole set of spanners and Allen keys, as I don’t know where I could have bought them singly.

The bike is very strong and heavy, with rugged tyres, and a “sit up and beg” riding position, but this is exactly what I wanted.

I live at the bottom of a very steep hill, and was concerned it would not manage it. I have an ordinary bike, and have to push this half way up, until it becomes a bit less steep. But the Cyclotricity managed it OK, but with a fair bit of pedalling from me. I estimate the motor took away about half the effort, and when I got to the less steep part, I didn’t need to pedal hard at all.

You HAVE to pedal to turn the motor on, but on the level, there is no effort at all in turning the pedals. But as it has 3 settings of assistance, I normally turn it down to the lowest setting so I get a bit of assistance but at the same time I have the benefit of keeping fit by pedalling with a bit of effort.

The video demo said it came with lights, but mine didn’t. However, the excellent QVC customer service sorted this out for me, and Cyclotricity then sent me a set.

The battery can be charged on the bike, but I find it easier to remove it. It is very hard to remove because of the newness, but Cyclotricity CS said that this should become easier with use, and I could try lightly oiling the runners that the battery slides into.

I have now charged the battery 5 times, and according to the instructions, I can now charge it whenever I want to, instead of having to let it get completely flat for the first 3 to 5 charges, to condition it. This was a bit of a worry in case I got stranded with a flat battery a long way from home, but I no longer have this problem.

So overall I am very pleased with it, and will give it 5 stars.

maybe it was toooooo detailed cvc dont want you to know in depth issues with products hence the boring presentations. I suspect you would not get a job as a QVC presenter either

They just want a to the point glowing review without them having to edit. Think of how short a Twitter post is and try again strato. Remember their website is the pits so don’t take it to heart.

I wanted to post an honest review of the pros and cons, to help other people that may be thinking of buying it.

If they will not let me do this, I don't think I'll bother to edit and resubmit it.

It just shows that their review system is no help whatsoever to potential purchasers.

Were I going to buy that bike Strato I would have found your review very helpful and informative. Probably too detailed for QVCs reviews. Still, when it comes to gadgets we can always come on here and ask your advice and know we're getting the truth.

CC

may be because you pointed to the 1-star review? is that review still there?

I like Amazon they allow you to have discussions and add to your review years later even if you want.

Bizarrely they allow customers to post opinions & thoughts as reviews when they have looked but not bought. QVC land is in one hazy universe. I thought your review was honest & comprehensive & I too like a 'sit up & beg'bike.

Could it be the fact that you mentioned free delivery? Is it always free delivery or could that change?

may be because you pointed to the 1-star review? is that review still there?

Yes - - - - - >

Bought two of these bikes as they seamed so good, unfortunately the build quality was very poor as was the pre delivery checks. Only 1 arrived after waiting in all day, when unpacked I put battery on charge as stated for 12 hours but after fitting battery on bike found that battery lock did not work, I contacted company who sent replacement battery with the second bike, but that also was no good. First time I rode bike stand fell off! The second bike did not have brakes connected and second gear would not work so both bikes have been returned, three waisted days of waiting in for deliveries and collections would not recommend. Also bikes very heavy

Could it be the fact that you mentioned free delivery? Is it always free delivery or could that change?

It's always been free delivery as far as I know. And when delivery is free, QVC themselves make a big song and dance about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to post an honest review of the pros and cons, to help other people that may be thinking of buying it.

If they will not let me do this, I don't think I'll bother to edit and resubmit it.

It just shows that their review system is no help whatsoever to potential purchasers.

They don’t want cons strato. Everything Q sells is fabulous, incredible, superdooper with bells on. “Review” is a misnomer in Q land.

Better than these gushing ‘ thankyou to QVC’/ ‘love & kisses’ to brand etc. daft waste of time reviews!

At least it was a very thorough review and at least you purchased and used the bike before writing it. Some reviews go along the lines of "I didn't buy it because I didn't like the style" etc., and they're accepted and posted. :taphead:

QVC make up their own rules and I find it hard to believe that it's independent reviewers who accept or decline product reviews, rather than their own staff.

I'd submit another one and just put "It's ok," as you suggested. QVC should be able to cope with that one.

That's such a good, useful review it's bonkers that QVC would not wish to use it. These are their review guidelines, I can't work out what you have fallen foul of TBH?

Review Guidelines

Thanks for taking the time to write a customer review. By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure your voice is heard:

Focus on the product and your individual experience using it

Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product

All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Customer Reviews Terms of Use

We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum

Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites

Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information

Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors

If your comments are about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please don't submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact contact us directly so that we can respond properly to your feedback.

Enjoy writing your review!

That's such a good, useful review it's bonkers that QVC would not wish to use it. These are their review guidelines, I can't work out what you have fallen foul of TBH?

Review Guidelines

Thanks for taking the time to write a customer review. By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure your voice is heard:

Focus on the product and your individual experience using it

Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product

All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Customer Reviews Terms of Use

We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum

Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites

Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information

Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors

If your comments are about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please don't submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact contact us directly so that we can respond properly to your feedback.

Enjoy writing your review!

I wonder what would happen if I submitted the identical review, which may be read by someone else who may approve it?

Does that reach the minimum number of words that are required?

I don't know if they have a minimum, but this forum does.

Sometimes I get asked a simple question, such ad "did you buy it" but I can't just reply "yes" or "no".

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back