Rename Ideal world TV The Sally Jacks Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't stand her voice, her manner, or hearing any more about her boring wedding. Talk about protesting too much, why does she have to keep going on about "my wedding" - is it to convince herself that it actually happened? She seems to be turning into the female equivalent of Barra Boy, all the shouting, protestations of honesty and hectoring manner are a turn-off, but by far the worst for me is THAT VOICE - a combination of a faulty cement mixer, a chainsaw and a door that needs oiling. Spend some of the wedding present money on some voice training, Sal.

Jeez, 10 minutes is 9 minutes longer than I could stomach! You must be made of stern stuff.

Sally Jacks

Today I happened to watching Ideal world when i was confronted by this blond-ish cretinous creature with a screeching voice crossed between the screams you would get if you hands were being chopped off with a lawn mower and a child taking it first violin lesson.

She seemed to have the interpersonal skills of Freddie Kruger, her angular features and aggressive common screech still could not distract me from her nasty nasty eyebrows and overwhelming noxious personalty.

She of all things was trying to sell kids toys, she kept stepping closer to the camera to make her point her presenting skills makes her come across like this is her first job ever in tv, no professionalism at all. In fact job wise i think she would be better suited to being a school dinner lady so she could cackle and gurgle and screech with some other scrubber over custard and turkey Twizzlers and not having to force herself on the general public.

She really must be removed from the channel immediately.
I cannot be the only person that has taken this dislike to her, because plainly she is one character than would poison and push the patience of some one even off their face on Valium.

I totally agree TurboButt,I wish IW would remove her from the Channel ,but can't see it happening,I dislike Sally Jacks too.

Like I've said before, Over on bid, Sally was one of the presenters I didn't mind too much, but seeing her on IW, she is starting to grate! Not only is she "always there", she turns everything into the "ME show". On IW, her and the other two clowns are not a good fit, and they're fast diminishing any credibility that the channel ever had. Suppose you can't blame them for "being themselves", I'm guessing that's the reason IW snapped them up, but it's IW's fault entirely for making no attempt to rein them in, they must realise that people are feeling this way, but I guess if sales are healthy and they've not received any official complaints then they'll carry on regardless!

I think IW actively encourage this type of behaviour - would any channel with a smidgen of credibility employ Pope Pete? The man behaves like a caricature of a 1970's comedian, and a not-very-funny one at that. Next to him, Jacks is Helen Mirren. IW seem to be very happy that their channel has morphed into Bid.
Like I've said before, Over on bid, Sally was one of the presenters I didn't mind too much, but seeing her on IW, she is starting to grate! Not only is she "always there", she turns everything into the "ME show". On IW, her and the other two clowns are not a good fit, and they're fast diminishing any credibility that the channel ever had. Suppose you can't blame them for "being themselves", I'm guessing that's the reason IW snapped them up, but it's IW's fault entirely for making no attempt to rein them in, they must realise that people are feeling this way, but I guess if sales are healthy and they've not received any official complaints then they'll carry on regardless!

I think IW actively encourage this type of behaviour - would any channel with a smidgen of credibility employ Pope Pete? The man behaves like a caricature of a 1970's comedian, and a not-very-funny one at that. Next to him, Jacks is Helen Mirren. IW seem to be very happy that their channel has morphed into Bid.

In all seriousness Merryone I had assumed he was what was left of a ex 70's comedian,

He's such a twisted camp stereotype it's hard to think it's not all some act taken to it's logical bizarre conclusion and "Pope Pete" couldn't suit him better, Just makes me shudder to watch him,

When he does that thing where he'll sit looking into the camera and do a jackanory style story - the "Imagine its Christmas eve and everything's beautiful and this naff laser display is twinkling in your eyes" (I'm sure you've seen it for yourself) you can just see the desperation of him wanting to be a "real presenter" and now he's at the end of the road flogging tat on shopping telly - Not much of an end to a lifetimes work,

I think it's probably a case of you reap what you sow. Like Andi Peters, I shouldn't imagine he's been an easy person to work with, and in my opinion that's often why these "celebs" don't get any other quality work. Karma often happens and all the bonhomie convinces very few.

In all seriousness Merryone I had assumed he was what was left of a ex 70's comedian,

He's such a twisted camp stereotype it's hard to think it's not all some act taken to it's logical bizarre conclusion and "Pope Pete" couldn't suit him better, Just makes me shudder to watch him,

When he does that thing where he'll sit looking into the camera and do a jackanory style story - the "Imagine its Christmas eve and everything's beautiful and this naff laser display is twinkling in your eyes" (I'm sure you've seen it for yourself) you can just see the desperation of him wanting to be a "real presenter" and now he's at the end of the road flogging tat on shopping telly - Not much of an end to a lifetimes work,[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

When he does that thing where he'll sit looking into the camera and do a jackanory style story - the "Imagine its Christmas eve and everything's beautiful and this naff laser display is twinkling in your eyes" (I'm sure you've seen it for yourself) you can just see the desperation of him wanting to be a "real presenter" and now he's at the end of the road flogging tat on shopping telly - Not much of an end to a lifetimes work,

Oh yeah the old 'to wish upon a star' routine with his beady little cod eyes and creepy smile :puke:

He kicked off the £20 interior Christmas POD last night. You can tell he'd written his' intro' that he recites off camera and then says 'will you welcome Peter Simon', like he used to do on Bid. Then he appears (already having warned the studio workers to clap him I suspect) and says 'my guest is going to guide you through.......'. He thinks he's Michael Parkinson!

to be fair to her... she came across as nice on come dine with me.

however, I don't recall seeing one item from bid tv in her home.

(which is fine.... if you don't act like you own everything you sell)

Salleh on now with the Nicole fashion (well i say fashion sarcastically) :mysmilie_15:

But is it me or do all the Nicole tops look like maternity wear???

Latest posts

Back