Ronni Nicole Hour tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just watching Jilly Halliday with a woman guest from Ronni Nicole. Perhaps it's me, but the clothes look to me like something your Granny would wear, a dress that's called "an amazing buy" looks like it's made of Crimplene from the 1970's, hot and sticky man-made material - and we have the usual debate "this is the Olive Green", "No, they're calling it Advocado". Gawd, this winds me up - why the blurdy hell don't they work out what the colours are before they come on? And why are the dresses mainly short ones? Do mature ladies want dresses that finish just on or above the knee? I think Q fashion is dreadful, I can't see either more mature ladies or young women wearing it, and this hour just confirms my view. A simple, sleeveless shift dress at £38 has been described as "a gift". Quite frankly, for a sleeveless shift dress I wouldn't call £38 for this item "a gift", it's hardly a tailored suit, - and again it's above the knee. It's described as a "bit more tailored" - so how does this help the viewer - do they order a size up or what? They are bleating on but not telling potential buyers what they need to know!!! Of course, it's "a very busy, busy hour" and "you'll need to be quick". Er, no thanks.

Last edited:
I can't watch, the woman weeda sounds like she's just come off the set of Clueless and Jilly and her "bran" new with that droning voice just grates.

Well, I'm surprised this brand has continued to survive. The sizing is only suitable for those who are 5'4 and under (no offence meant), and as for the size 20 - that is an absolute joke - at best it will fit a 16/18.

Since its first airing a few years ago, they simply haven't learned that skimping on the length is a no seller and am surprised that QVC buyers don't make a stand on getting this changed, given the amount of stuff is in clearance.

I bought what I thought was a really lovely dress in the very early shows, but on trying on, it only needed a pair of thigh high boots and I could have worked the night shift !

JR was on earlier raving about all the 'pieces' but she looked poured into the dress she loved. She needs to go up a size or two and the items would look much better.

I think Ronni Nicole survives because Ouida Oliver is one of their nicest US guests. I enjoy watching her... she's very quiet for an American, but does seem to have a bit of humour about her. The clothes? Not so much. I bought a dress that was on a promotion about 3-4 years ago, and lo! and behold, it's still in clearance to this day! On me it looked obscene. I'm quite a busty lady, and the decolletage of the dress on the more modestly proportioned models looked fine. But on me - I wouldn't have needed to work the night shift to get more than I bargained for!

So... long story short - totally agree with all the above comments about the inappropriateness of the vast majority of this range.

I like Ouida. She doesn't shout and knows her range. Am a fan but I know what suits me and lately a lot of Ronni doesn't. Same with Tiana!

Well, I'm surprised this brand has continued to survive. The sizing is only suitable for those who are 5'4 and under (no offence meant), and as for the size 20 - that is an absolute joke - at best it will fit a 16/18.

Since its first airing a few years ago, they simply haven't learned that skimping on the length is a no seller and am surprised that QVC buyers don't make a stand on getting this changed, given the amount of stuff is in clearance.

I bought what I thought was a really lovely dress in the very early shows, but on trying on, it only needed a pair of thigh high boots and I could have worked the night shift !

I agree with you, I have actually never bought from this range and don't even watch when these hours are on, but I did this time (maybe I was bored) it is not a range I like and I don't like the sizing from what I've seen and heard, As was said before, to be honest I am surprised this range has survived the British purchasers via QVC.

I haven't bought anything from this range for several years either.Much too skimpy and short.Ouida is very nice and the dresses must sell.I have heard her say that she has listened to customers who want longer dresses ,but it only seems to apply to the occasional item,then its back to the tunic length.

When I look at female TV presenters though,they are all wearing fitted dresses with bright floral patterns ,so may be I am just getting old and out of touch.No I'm fairly sure I would not wear the jazzy florals at any age.Mini dresses Yes ,I used to love showing off my pins ,I had a wonderful leather mini skirt I used to live in I was 18 years old at the time!

Last edited:
I have two dresses from this range both were about the £60+ mark but were bought a good few years ago now ..I don`t think they do that price range anymore and both at 5" 4" were just below my knee ..

I have two dresses from this range both were about the £60+ mark but were bought a good few years ago now ..I don`t think they do that price range anymore and both at 5" 4" were just below my knee ..

Were they true to your size ? or did you have to size up, I'd be interested to know. Because the sizing only goes up in 1" increments which is no good to anyone. What difference does an inch make for God's sake.

The presenters do keep quiet as to what size they are wearing too. I wouldn't mind betting if they are a size 14 they are wearing an 18 on air ! particularly as they have to hide their talk-back pack ! This range is not for anyone who is a proper 20 - as a bolt cutter would be required to cut us out of the underslip !!!!

To be honest, I thought that even Jilly was struggling a bit for something to say...there were the usual superlatives churned out, but straight-faced and with no real passion for what she was flogging OMO, and the woman guest was so gushy, and kept harping on about how wonderful easy-pay is, as though it were a gift from heaven. At the prices they charge, easy-pay should be a right, not 'a privilege' that they keep droning on about. I was so bored by it I switched over after about 5 minutes, and the mystery as to what she meant by "more tailored" is still unsolved - do the viewers buy a size up to be on the safe-side or what? Give us the facts, woman, instead of drivelling on! I can only think they'll get a lot of these dresses sent back.
I can't watch, the woman weeda sounds like she's just come off the set of Clueless and Jilly and her "bran" new with that droning voice just grates.

Last edited:
To be honest, I thought that even Jilly was struggling a bit for something to say...there were the usual superlatives churned out, but straight-faced and with no real passion for what she was flogging OMO, and the woman guest was so gushy, and kept harping on about how wonderful easy-pay is, as though it were a gift from heaven. At the prices they charge, easy-pay should be a right, not 'a privilege' that they keep droning on about. I was so bored by it I switched over after about 5 minutes, and the mystery as to what she meant by "more tailored" is still unsolved - do the viewers buy a size up to be on the safe-side or what? Give us the facts, woman, instead of drivelling on! I can only think they'll get a lot of these dresses sent back.

Makes me laugh History when they say the sizes are generous, why make some of the "fashion" generous?! Just make them the size they're supposed to be. I mean, why tell people to size up or down?.............here's something, now I'm just throwing this out there (QVC I'm talking to you) but I'm going to go all radical now and say, why not make the eight an eight, the ten a ten, the twelve a twelve etc, that way people will actually buy the size that fits them and not have to guess............crazy I know! :mysmilie_14:

Makes me laugh History when they say the sizes are generous, why make some of the "fashion" generous?! Just make them the size they're supposed to be. I mean, why tell people to size up or down?.............here's something, now I'm just throwing this out there (QVC I'm talking to you) but I'm going to go all radical now and say, why not make the eight an eight, the ten a ten, the twelve a twelve etc, that way people will actually buy the size that fits them and not have to guess............crazy I know! :mysmilie_14:

Indeed, wouldn't life be a dream if a size 10 etc. was the same everywhere. Sadly it's a well known sales tactic to be generous with sizes by some shops, if a woman can fit in a size 10 in one shop but she's really a size 12 then she's more likely to return to the shop where she fits a 10. Psychology works in retail!

On reading these posts, and others, it has occurred to me that for all of our criticisms of certain presenters, I take some of it back because you know, these men and women obviously have to tone up or tone down the hyperbole surrounding some of the items, be it clothes, fragrance or household items in general that they are told to push.

Gawd, I don't think I could do that, but if paid enough I could certainly trying lying, so I think I'll stop winging now and give credit where it's due because I couldn't keep a straight or sincere face, like they do, with some of these items.

On reading these posts, and others, it has occurred to me that for all of our criticisms of certain presenters, I take some of it back because you know, these men and women obviously have to tone up or tone down the hyperbole surrounding some of the items, be it clothes, fragrance or household items in general that they are told to push.

Gawd, I don't think I could do that, but if paid enough I could certainly trying lying, so I think I'll stop winging now and give credit where it's due because I couldn't keep a straight or sincere face, like they do, with some of these items.

Don't think JF or CR manages it TBH.

More tailored = without embellishments, couple of darts is enough for Q, never mind if they work or not.

They seem to talk about measurements at the last minute usually when something is 'Limited stock'. Why don't they give the actual garment measurements then you could decide how neat or how much extra ease you want?This is a real problem with any clothes ordered on the internet.

In RN I'd be very happy for a 'generous' 20 !!

They seem to talk about measurements at the last minute usually when something is 'Limited stock'. Why don't they give the actual garment measurements then you could decide how neat or how much extra ease you want?This is a real problem with any clothes ordered on the internet.

Yes, giving the measurements is the LAST thing they give out, and when its a new item they go on and on and on about the colour and where it can be worn and methods of payments etc etc etc, and agree that when its limited stock, suddenly its a rush to get out the ****** sizes. I've complained before about this, and you would think it MUST be mentioned at their Presenters Meetings for gawds sake !

I buy size 12 in this range and I'm a 12-14 up top. I always have to shorten things as I'm only 5'2" and everything is too long for me. Shortening isn't a problem, however, the other problem is that most things are too long in the body and the waist ends up somewhere between my hips and thighs and the necklines on some ranges are below my bust. I may be a funny shape but I do find the RN range is OK on me except for having to take a few inches off the hemline.

CC

Latest posts

Back